***Official August 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the official countdown thread for the August 2006 MCAT score release. Scores are supposed to be released on October 14th.
praying-cat-2.JPG

thanks guju for letting me take over :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

This is going to be TORTURE!! I want my scores and I want them now! Waiting sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
rogerwilco said:
Well, on the plus side for me, I'm not all that excited to know how I did I don't think . . .

hahaha i know...i could wait a year...

Good luck everyone! Despite current feelings to the contrary, I'm sure you all exceeded your expectations. Sure these next two months are torture, but enjoy this thread while it lasts!

:clap: :luck: :clap:

countdown....good luck everyone :love:
k, time to start re-studying for january for me :oops:

So I've now got 59 days before I have to start studying all over again. Great...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am braindead!!!!!! combination of simply sleep which did not work, 5 red bulls and no sleep for two days, oh ya and that thing called the mcat

So it's 2 months to receive the scores by snail mail. Isn't it only 6 weeks to receive the scores online? Anyone know?

does anyone else's back really hurt? like upper back around your shoulder blades?

sigh, i need a massage :(

Nikki2002 said:
This is the official countdown thread for the August 2006 MCAT score release. We don't know exactly how many days until the score release but we can guess :D So.....59 days and counting

praying-cat-2.JPG

thanks guju for letting me take over :cool:

Ohhhhhmyyyyyyyyy goddddddd that picture is just hillarious!!!!!!!!

I love it I love it I love it!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

solitude said:
So it's 2 months to receive the scores by snail mail. Isn't it only 6 weeks to receive the scores online? Anyone know?

No generally its 2 months to recieve it both online and snail mail. However, most likely it won't take til the 19th because October 15th deadline at some schools.

Did the response from the April test sound anything like this? Was that test as horrible as this one seemed? I was doing so well with my practice scores...my goal was a 30 and my highest practice score was a 29. i'll be lucky to walk away with a 27 :(

strater said:
So are there any TPR score release rumors this time?

I don't know. Maybe they realized how much they messed with us last time so decided not to pull a fast one.

gujuDoc said:
No generally its 2 months to recieve it both online and snail mail. However, most likely it won't take til the 19th because October 15th deadline at some schools.

Really? I thought I read online that the scores come 2 weeks later by snail mail than they are posted online?

bball25 said:
Did the response from the April test sound anything like this? Was that test as horrible as this one seemed? I was doing so well with my practice scores...my goal was a 30 and my highest practice score was a 29. i'll be lucky to walk away with a 27 :(

Perfectly stated. My goal was a thirty and my highest score was a 29. Im thinking even a 25 ill be happy with.

solitude said:
Really? I thought I read online that the scores come 2 weeks later by snail mail than they are posted online?

Snail mail comes after online scores by a week. But usually it is the full 2 months to get scores unless its August scores because August scores come out in October and the first deadlines are Oct 15th so they have it the week before October 15th.

So we may predict that the scores will come anywhere between the 9th and and the 13th this year seeing as Oct 15th is on a Sunday.

gujuDoc said:
Snail mail comes after online scores by a week. But usually it is the full 2 months to get scores unless its August scores because August scores come out in October and the first deadlines are Oct 15th so they have it the week before October 15th.

So we may predict that the scores will come anywhere between the 9th and and the 13th this year seeing as Oct 15th is on a Sunday.

Sweet, thanks for the info. When will AAMC announce the release date?

solitude said:

Closer to the time of release. In other words, I doubt it would be any earlier then early October. The best we can do now is focus on the next step which for most of you is applications and finishing school. For me it is working on my postbac and some other stuff.

solitude said:
haha back in june when we were waiting for the april results, we got like no news. then we finally saw "scores will be available june 20." but even that wasn't until really close to the actual release date, which ended up being june 19 around 10pm. i think they like to keep us guessing.

oh and when you call to find out when they'll be released, you'll get lots of different answers. it's great. :thumbdown:

Phosphorylator said:
Do you have to setup a new login to get it to work or am I missing something?

Did you fill out AMCAS??????? If so, use your AMCAS ID. If not create an AMCAS ID or try your usernname and password that you used to register.

Whats up everyone! Good job today. As a multiple MCAT taker, I just wanted to say that at the end of all this, you WILL be ok! Trust me, I have been reapplying for years and am finally getting interviews. So if I can do this, trust me, YOU CAN!!!!

You guys put your heart and soul into today, enjoy the next 2 months. You guys will be fine!!!

-DVN

DrVanNostran said:
Whats up everyone! Good job today. As a multiple MCAT taker, I just wanted to say that at the end of all this, you WILL be ok! Trust me, I have been reapplying for years and am finally getting interviews. So if I can do this, trust me, YOU CAN!!!!

You guys put your heart and soul into today, enjoy the next 2 months. You guys will be fine!!!

-DVN

That's awesome DVN. Did you get any more recent interviews beyond NYMC??? Hope you do well on them and get in. :D

nice to see that this thread was already put up... I was going to start it myself if it wasn't.

When did the august MCAT scores come out last year ? We can start speculations based off of that...

anyways time to study for finals, decide if I should apply this year and fill out the AMCAS... no rest for me :(

UMP said:
nice to see that this thread was already put up... I was going to start it myself if it wasn't.

When did the august MCAT scores come out last year ? We can start speculations based off of that...

anyways time to study for finals, decide if I should apply this year and fill out the AMCAS... no rest for me :(

YES YOU SHOULD APPLY. With you practice scores, it most likely your real scores will also be superb. I think you should go for it and get in your applications before this month is over so you can get the ball rolling with secondaries.

Plus it will keep you wayyyyyyy busy.

Last year and the year before October scores came out shortly before the 15th of October. I believe in 2004 it was something like Oct 12th, and last year correct me if I'm wrong but it was something like the 14th of October. might have been a day earlier.

UMP said:

I say apply. Your practice scores were excellent and the curve for the real MCAT will be more imo because the raws should fall (from people being more nervous).

I don't feel so hot with my performace today, but I am applying regardless. I will submit my AMCAS in a few days to get verified. I will probably hold onto it til Oct 14th (day before some of the deadlines) and then send them out once scores come in. If they don't come in by then, I'll send them out anyways.

I'm just glad you weren't on the same form as I was was! You would've made it harder for me on the curve because I screwed up big time!

I don't think I'd retake no matter what... I just don't want to half ass with the late application, and I was thinking I should bring my gpa up to almost 3.3 (by next cycle)... it's at 3.0x after I finish this semester :p

EDIT: nevermind... my goal is to get in to med school, not to get in to a specific dream school. I need to keep telling myself that... :thumbup: I think I like my chances if I carpet bomb the midwest schools... Got to keep things in focus. Have you guys started working on your PS's already?

guys I really want our scores to come out!! for the record, i had form BG today and I thought the PS had some wicked questions, VR was easier questions than usual (however that may mean it was just more tricky.. without us realizing it!) and BS was genetics on crack, but I did appreciate the significant amount of ochem on it. Overall, the test's difficulty didn't vary that much from AAMC practice tests but this is all speculation because, as always, I guess on A LOT of questions. HOPEFULLY WE ALL DID WELL!! I love everyone on this forum so I really hope we all get amazing scores =).

gujuDoc said:
That's awesome DVN. Did you get any more recent interviews beyond NYMC??? Hope you do well on them and get in. :D

So far UVM and NYMC, hoing on a few more :luck:

How was the big day, you ready to chill for 60 days ;)

DrVanNostran said:

I think it went ok. I guess I'll find in two months from now.

Yeah I got a good night's rest yesterday after being up for soooooo long. It felt nice to just fall asleep right away. I'm so refreshed this morning.

DrVanNostran said:

By the way congrats about your second interview. Your parents must be proud since they were a little doubtful from what I recall you saying in your posts.

UMP said:
I don't think I'd retake no matter what... I just don't want to half ass with the late application, and I was thinking I should bring my gpa up to almost 3.3 (by next cycle)... it's at 3.0x after I finish this semester :p

EDIT: nevermind... my goal is to get in to med school, not to get in to a specific dream school. I need to keep telling myself that... :thumbup: I think I like my chances if I carpet bomb the midwest schools... Got to keep things in focus. Have you guys started working on your PS's already?

Dude seriously apply. If you were doing as well as you were on practices then your real score will probably be awesomely well too and be 33+ which I think will do it for you. If you still don't get in then you can do a SMP program like Gtowns and I'm sure you will get in.

So, it looks safe to say that the scores may be released on Friday, October 13th... Unlucky for some, thankfully it would be the perfect day for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.