***Official August 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the official countdown thread for the August 2006 MCAT score release. Scores are supposed to be released on October 14th.
praying-cat-2.JPG

thanks guju for letting me take over :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

gujuDoc said:
I think it will be a few days less then 59 because they generally have come out before October 15th for the August MCAT score release due to Oct 15th deadlines at some schools.

August 04, it came out on the 12th of October and the test was originally supposed to be held on the 14th of Aug. In August 05, the test was on the 20th of August and the score was released on either the 13th or 14th of October. I think it was the 13th.

Do you know if the CBT comes out after a month instead? Maybe I should've take the CBT this time if that was the case. However, I think it's pretty cool to take the last paper MCAT. :)

WilliamsF1 said:
Do you know if the CBT comes out after a month instead? Maybe I should've take the CBT this time if that was the case. However, I think it's pretty cool to take the last paper MCAT. :)

They told me 60 days. Even if they were done sooner, they couldn't release CBT scores earlier than paper test scores because they would be flooded with calls and emails from paper test takers.

Primo said:
So I've now got 59 days before I have to start studying all over again. Great...

Wait for scores in 59 days? I'm pulling out my Audio Osmosis as we speak :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Knickerbocker said:
They told me 60 days. Even if they were done sooner, they couldn't release CBT scores earlier than paper test scores because they would be flooded with calls and emails from paper test takers.

No they won't release the CBT before the paper scores. It will be a month's wait when the next MCAT administration occurs but not this time.

Oh and it will be less then 60 days for sure based on the last few years. As I said the week before Oct 15th. We'll get our scores by then. I'm sure of that.

luckycharms08 said:
does anyone else's back really hurt? like upper back around your shoulder blades?

sigh, i need a massage :(

Just paste those practice scores and send them to the AAMC :D

I know I am late in posting on this thread, but wanted to send my :luck: for all of you now in the long wait for your scores. I loved the countdown thread for the april exam and met some great SDN buds in the process. Hang in there everyone. Keep eachother sane!

so I had my first post-MCAT dream today during a mid-day nap which didn't involve me looking at my scores though...

I found out there was a super-secret MCAT training society ala Skull and Bones at my old undergrad headed by a super-evil version ofwhat I think was my old Orgo prof...and he's turning all these kids in to super MCAT machines or something... for some reason I tried to infiltrate it and take it down... I wake up when my attempt to access their files gets thwarted by the lazyboy chair I was sitting on collapsing on me in some weird mechanical trap and proceeding to crush me to death...

I think the MCAT took all the creativity out of me and decided to put it all in my dreams :confused: anyways back to finals studying

Members don't see this ad :)
UMP said:
so I had my first post-MCAT dream today during a mid-day nap which didn't involve me looking at my scores though...

I found out there was a super-secret MCAT training society ala Skull and Bones at my old undergrad headed by a super-evil version ofwhat I think was my old Orgo prof...and he's turning all these kids in to super MCAT machines or something... for some reason I tried to infiltrate it and take it down... I wake up when my attempt to access their files gets thwarted by the lazyboy chair I was sitting on collapsing on me in some weird mechanical trap and proceeding to crush me to death...

I think the MCAT took all the creativity out of me and decided to put it all in my dreams :confused: anyways back to finals studying

Wow man, you need a vacation. Or a beer.

Why does it seem like everyone and their mother had form BG? I had DK...guess I'm not part of the party. :(

zissouintern said:
Haha yeah. The Life Aquatic is probably my favorite movie.

I have a tough time picking my favorite. It's really almost a tie between The Royal Tenenbaums and The Big Lebowski.

anyone else broke out uncharacteristically from all the stress last week... I just looked in the mirror, and I look like complete ****

UMP said:
anyone else broke out uncharacteristically from all the stress last week... I just looked in the mirror, and I look like complete ****

Sportsline.Com says that USC will play Auburn in the BCS championship game this
year. I will root for damn SC!

bruinboy310 said:
Sportsline.Com says that USC will play Auburn in the BCS championship game this
year. I will root for damn SC!

Why the hate for Auburn ?

UMP said:

Nope! Not even thinking much about my scores. I'm more worried about damn AMCAS apps! :mad: I haven't even submitted it yet.

What I don't understand is Ohio St. being number one in both major polls... and Notre Dame being 2 and 3....

I highly recommend seeing Little Miss Sunshine. Very funny movie (in the life sucks, get a helmet vein - aka perfect for the postMCAT wait). I saw it Saturday night and couldn't stop laughing at several points! It's one of the two or three movies I've been to where people actually clapped at the end.

WilliamsF1 said:
Nope! Not even thinking much about my scores. I'm more worried about damn AMCAS apps! :mad: I haven't even submitted it yet.

I thought I might be the only one. Im working extra hard to get mine out by early Sept. Should I have already gotten my LOR's done? Im so behind :confused:

bball25 said:
I thought I might be the only one. Im working extra hard to get mine out by early Sept. Should I have already gotten my LOR's done? Im so behind :confused:

Since we haven't gotten AMCAS sent out yet, I think you still have plently of time for LOR. It should take 5-6 weeks to get your AMCAS verified. I got all my LOR done back in April/May when I was still living at UF since I didn't want to drive up to do it from Orlando. 2 of the 4 got it done within a week. 1 was done after 3 weeks. Last guy (a good friend of mine), turned it in about 1.5 months later, but I told him that was okay since I knew he'd be traveling out of the country. I'm not sure how busy your professors/supervisors/etc people are this semester so it might depend.

WilliamsF1 said:
Since we haven't gotten AMCAS sent out yet, I think you still have plently of time for LOR. It should take 5-6 weeks to get your AMCAS verified. I got all my LOR done back in April/May when I was still living at UF since I didn't want to drive up to do it from Orlando. 2 of the 4 got it done within a week. 1 was done after 3 weeks. Last guy (a good friend of mine), turned it in about 1.5 months later, but I told him that was okay since I knew he'd be traveling out of the country. I'm not sure how busy your professors/supervisors/etc people are this semester so it might depend.

LOR's are the huge pain in the booty after secondaries. Usually that what holds everyone up cause we have very little control over them. In retrospect, I wish I had done mine sooner and even used interfolio to get some more control.

UMP said:

Yeah that happened to me but I don't know if it was from stress or from eating eggs which causes me to break out as well.

Haemulon said:
LOR's are the huge pain in the booty after secondaries. Usually that what holds everyone up cause we have very little control over them. In retrospect, I wish I had done mine sooner and even used interfolio to get some more control.

I probably should've used interfolio, but I ended up using a service at UF. Now people are telling me it takes UF too long to process and they only accept payment in person. Since I don't live there anymore, I'm pissed. There's no way I'm driving up there for something the internet has solved over a decade ago.

WilliamsF1 said:
I probably should've used interfolio, but I ended up using a service at UF. Now people are telling me it takes UF too long to process and they only accept payment in person. Since I don't live there anymore, I'm pissed. There's no way I'm driving up there for something the internet has solved over a decade ago.

heh... I'm using the letter service at my old undergrad and I feel a little bit weird about handing out requests to profs at the school I'm doing my post-bacc stuff... hopefully they won't think I'm a stuck up pretentious bastard like the rest of the alumni at my school

BrettBatchelor said:
My watch, cell phone, TV guide channel, and computer are the only time pieces I use.

:laugh: I can't believe you just called those "time pieces." I thought it's usually reserved for say a Patek Philippe and the like.

So how many days do we have left. We took the test on Saturday and today is Tuesday so I guess 4 days have passed right??

That makes it about 56 days left but probably less.

So I had an MCAT nightmare last night in which I dreamed that my scantrons didn't get turned in and it was too late to turn it in and so I'd have to take it over again. It was freaky. But thankfully only a dream.

Last year I dreamed I got a low low low score and turned out being a lot higher then my dream. I hate this wait.

October can't come fast enough.

gujuDoc said:
So I had an MCAT nightmare last night in which I dreamed that my scantrons didn't get turned in and it was too late to turn it in and so I'd have to take it over again. It was freaky. But thankfully only a dream.

Last year I dreamed I got a low low low score and turned out being a lot higher then my dream. I hate this wait.

October can't come fast enough.

The night after the test I had a dream that I got a 29 9/9/11. I was pretty happy about it but then I woke up and realized "Damn, I've still got 59 days to go!" Cheers to all you guys waiting for scores.

RisingSun said:
The night after the test I had a dream that I got a 29 9/9/11. I was pretty happy about it but then I woke up and realized "Damn, I've still got 59 days to go!" Cheers to all you guys waiting for scores.

I've posted this several times before, but long time ago........when I first took the MCAT I had a dream that a friend got a 33M on her MCAT. But it was induced by the fact that her best friend got a 31 S.

This dream I had last night was induced by the fact that I was thinking about the test a couple of days ago.

gujuDoc said:
I've posted this several times before, but long time ago........when I first took the MCAT I had a dream that a friend got a 33M on her MCAT. But it was induced by the fact that her best friend got a 31 S.

This dream I had last night was induced by the fact that I was thinking about the test a couple of days ago.

Well, we have now waited for 4 whole days. How do you like that? Oh this s*** is just taking FOREVER.

Kikaku21 said:
Well, we have now waited for 4 whole days. How do you like that? Oh this s*** is just taking FOREVER.

crap...it's only been 4 days? it's felt like 4 weeks, probably because saturday was a whole blur and i've sleeping 10 hours a day :laugh:

TalulaTalula said:
crap...it's only been 4 days? it's felt like 4 weeks, probably because saturday was a whole blur and i've sleeping 10 hours a day :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Yeah ONLY 4 days went by. We've got 56 more supposedly but I'm sure it will be more like 50 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.