***Official August 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the official countdown thread for the August 2006 MCAT score release. Scores are supposed to be released on October 14th.
praying-cat-2.JPG

thanks guju for letting me take over :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

The Kahuna said:
So, it looks safe to say that the scores may be released on Friday, October 13th... Unlucky for some, thankfully it would be the perfect day for me.

wow... that's kind of funny... and in october. creepiest day in a decade

I remember this waiting time just a few months ago. I kid you not, out of all the waiting this process has entailed so far (score release, secondaries, interview invites, etc), the waiting for score release was the worst. Make it through this, and you'll be prepared for the rest of the waiting process.
Good luck to all yall who took the beast yesterday. :luck: I ended up (in April) getting a score that was what my last few practice tests were.

SeminoleFan3 said:
I remember this waiting time just a few months ago. I kid you not, out of all the waiting this process has entailed so far (score release, secondaries, interview invites, etc), the waiting for score release was the worst. Make it through this, and you'll be prepared for the rest of the waiting process.Good luck to all yall who took the beast yesterday. :luck: I ended up (in April) getting a score that was what my last few practice tests were.

I concur!

Members don't see this ad :)
gujuDoc said:
By the way congrats about your second interview. Your parents must be proud since they were a little doubtful from what I recall you saying in your posts.

Be happy you are done, just have fun :clap:

Thanks:) Yeah, they are really happy, especially since I was only a month a way from going to the caribbean :laugh: So we are both relieved now.

SeminoleFan3 said:
I remember this waiting time just a few months ago. I kid you not, out of all the waiting this process has entailed so far (score release, secondaries, interview invites, etc), the waiting for score release was the worst. Make it through this, and you'll be prepared for the rest of the waiting process.
Good luck to all yall who took the beast yesterday. :luck: I ended up (in April) getting a score that was what my last few practice tests were.

I agree :thumbup: :thumbup:

BrettBatchelor said:
3. Make like an ostrich and bury your head in a hole.

Brett do you go to UI? I took the test in Iowa City too. At least we know they won't lose our answer sheets on the 5min drive over to ACT...

Members don't see this ad :)
BrettBatchelor said:
I actually visited UIowa. Really nice new Engineering building. I might have gone there but the scholarship I got didn't cover enough of my OOS tuition.

Yeah I like the school. I grew up in town, though, so I had to get out. And yeah, their scholarships weren't great compared to other schools.

Did any of you wake up this morning with excruciating neck pains? It hurts to look up, look down, look all around... I had my PT friend do some deep tissue massage on my neck this morning but come on!! If I get neck cramps like this, I am never taking the MCAT again, regardless of my score...

I feel like complete **** for most part of Saturday or today. I have to write a grant proposal but cant get my mind of this MCAT crap., just feel so depressed. If not VR, i would not feel like sh$t. I hope all VR was just an experimental section so they give 9's to everyone who partisipated. Just have to vent. On the good side, I think CBT was not as exhausting as paper test.

JimmyG said:
Did any of you wake up this morning with excruciating neck pains? It hurts to look up, look down, look all around... I had my PT friend do some deep tissue massage on my neck this morning but come on!! If I get neck cramps like this, I am never taking the MCAT again, regardless of my score...
i have the exact same problem... i don't understand why because i didn't get them after any of my practice exams?

luckycharms08 said:
i have the exact same problem... i don't understand why because i didn't get them after any of my practice exams?

My legs were sore the entire day after the MCAT. I think the seats in the room cut off blood circulation or something. It was like I was doing leg presses all day.

DrVanNostran said:
Be happy you are done, just have fun :clap:

Thanks:) Yeah, they are really happy, especially since I was only a month a way from going to the caribbean :laugh: So we are both relieved now.

Yeah true that. And as to applying multiple times, my very good friend applied 3 times. Finally did an SMP and got only one interview but high tier waitlist which meant he would get off the waitlist and sure enough he did. He just started med school at the beginning of this month.

BTW he also considered the Carribbean, but now he's not regretting waiting and reapplying. I think you did the right thing.

Though it is 60 days, it is good that we know approximately when the scores will come out as opposed to some time range, say for example 6 to 8 weeks.

Jack-Bauer said:
Though it is 60 days, it is good that we know approximately when the scores will come out as opposed to some time range, say for example 6 to 8 weeks.

True and it will definitely be before October 15th so we won't have to wait the full 60 days. :)

gujuDoc said:
True and it will definitely be before October 15th so we won't have to wait the full 60 days. :)

is that a guaranteed fact ? Or speculation (based on common sense) ?

UMP said:
is that a guaranteed fact ? Or speculation (based on common sense) ?

I'm wondering the same. All the schools that have the deadlines then for me are the top ones that will require high scores. I rather not waste $$$ with primaries if I messed up.

I solved a couple of science passages in my dream last night. Seriously.
Not sure how well I did though.

So I'm killing a few days by being out of the country until September 10th. So, you could escape on a vacation for awhile...However, even though I'm now 2,000 miles from my testing site, I can't fully stop worrying about yesterday... :oops:

Diabetes dude said:
I solved a couple of science passages in my dream last night. Seriously.
Not sure how well I did though.

heh... I can't wait for the post-MCAT dreams to start for me... the pre-MCAT dreams were just so much fun :mad:

5. get put in to a coma for 60 days ?

BrettBatchelor said:
7. Check THx everyday.
PS. Scores aren't out today.

who's calling to find out when they come out tomorrow ? :D

WilliamsF1 said:
8. Count down the days til nip/tuck season premiere and LOST season premiere.

oooh... LOST. I almost feel like I should try to ignore what happens through the season and then just watch them all at the end... I watched season 1 in a marathon session and season 2 week by week... the marathon seassion was alot more fun

UMP said:
oooh... LOST. I almost feel like I should try to ignore what happens through the season and then just watch them all at the end... I watched season 1 in a marathon session and season 2 week by week... the marathon seassion was alot more fun

Sayid and Eko are my favorite. :cool: There are so many unanswered questions! The ending of season 2 was a clincher.

Lost is a love/hate relationship for me. Nothing is ever solved/revealed until the season end. I want to just not watch it at all, then binge when it is all over.

Nip/Tuck will keep me occupied.

I took the test in April 2006 and now again in August. One thing I learned from April... avoid this thread as much as possible, it will drive you insane! There is a lot of waiting left to do so be patient. Good luck to all!

Soccer885 said:
I took the test in April 2006 and now again in August. One thing I learned from April... avoid this thread as much as possible, it will drive you insane! There is a lot of waiting left to do so be patient. Good luck to all!

Something tells me I should follow your advice...

Broccoli said:
Something tells me I should follow your advice...

i can't have a BG commrade leave... I promise not to little this thread with more BG questions, it'll be a little bit less stressfull

UMP said:
i can't have a BG commrade leave... I promise not to little this thread with more BG questions, it'll be a little bit less stressfull

oh right, you're a BG too, hey buddy!

haha, no ask whatever you want! I'm the one who's stressing myself out, I'm just going to stop worrying about the ones I got wrong, starting tomorrow.

taylormade44 said:
only 60 days to make this thread overtake the random threaddd

lets get starteddd

Did Kaplan, AAMC, or Princeton Review make any announcements about a possible score relase date?

9. Go buy a book. Reading it (assuming its pretty long) should knock off 2-3 days :)

10. For those who procrastinated like me :rolleyes: ...finish you application and apply. Despite how we feel now...we all know what our average practice score was...most likely the real deal score isnt far off.

Good luck :luck:

Maybe we should all get drunk and refuse to sober up untill October. We'll just drink beer whenever we're thirsty. Even after exercising.

Ughh my allergies are totally acting up and its annoying.

So on the bright side before we know it this week will be over.

taylormade44 said:
if they did theyre probably lying

i would assume 59 days

I think it will be a few days less then 59 because they generally have come out before October 15th for the August MCAT score release due to Oct 15th deadlines at some schools.

August 04, it came out on the 12th of October and the test was originally supposed to be held on the 14th of Aug. In August 05, the test was on the 20th of August and the score was released on either the 13th or 14th of October. I think it was the 13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.