***Official Boston University (BU) Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just got an interview today at 11 AM - CA applicant here. AADSAS app completed 6/11

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #1
Notification date: 08/13/19 at 1:30 PM
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
Application complete date: 07/18/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/1

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
any hotel suggestions?
im from MA, went to BU for BA and MS so know the area well. really comes down to what you are willing to spend. in the city will be minimum close to 200, maybe 180. outside a little you can find for maybe 120-140. let me know and i can suggest an area or two to look. DM if you feel more comfortable with that.

do y'all think BU is done sending interview invites?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
any hotel suggestions?

There's a Best Western Plus very close that's probably around 200/night. I stayed there last year for my interview, it's so close that when you step out you can probably see the dental school. It would be a 10 minute walk, but they also have a shuttle service that while it doesn't officially take you to the school officially, the driver wasn't busy and offered to take me there.

do y'all think BU is done sending interview invites?

It's very early in the interview cycle, but I got an interview invite from them last year in february, and while I was waitlisted, I know one of the interviewees that day got accepted.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm still worried, since my application was complete June 28, and ppl who completed their application in July had already received an interview invite...I feel that I'm not competitive enough and they're just afraid to tell me that...lol

I'm still worried, since my application was complete June 28, and ppl who completed their application in July had already received an interview invite...I feel that I'm not competitive enough and they're just afraid to tell me that...lol
It's still very early, what are your stats like?

I feel the same way :/

Members don't see this ad :)
im canadian too (completed around same time too) and havent received an invite either, soooo maybe they're holding off on international students for now? might be wishful thinking though :cryi:

Reactions: 2 users
im canadian too (completed around same time too) and havent received an invite either, soooo maybe they're holding off on international students for now? might be wishful thinking though :cryi:

In the same boat! Canadian applicant and completed my app the same day. It definitely would make me more relieved knowing they're holding off on international for now.

But just to get an idea, has any Canadian applicant got an interview invite so far?

I received an invitation for October 10.
Anyone else that day???

What days do they usually send out interviews?

In the same boat! Canadian applicant and completed my app the same day. It definitely would make me more relieved knowing they're holding off on international for now.

But just to get an idea, has any Canadian applicant got an interview invite so far?
I dont think any Canadian received interview so far, so we are still good

Lol very late, but...

Interview Invitation
School:
BU
Notification date: 8/6/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/03
Application complete date: 7/03
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 21/18/22/none
Interview date: October 28th

Just got an interview!!

Woohooooo!!! Congrats!! My fellow MA homie :)

Ill be there next week on the 27th, whens yours?
Thanks I appreciate it! 10/11 is mine. But good luck on yours I'm sure you'll kill it!

Thanks I appreciate it! 10/11 is mine. But good luck on yours I'm sure you'll kill it!

Hey congrats on the interview invite! Was just wondering, did they give you that date outright or was there a scheduling conflict. I'm just asking because I had received an interview on Monday and was scheduled for November 12th. Seems a bit odd since thats a full month after yours. Either way, good luck! Thanks.

Hey congrats on the interview invite! Was just wondering, did they give you that date outright or was there a scheduling conflict. I'm just asking because I had received an interview on Monday and was scheduled for November 12th. Seems a bit odd since thats a full month after yours. Either way, good luck! Thanks.
That was the date they gave me, I wasn't given any options. That is pretty strange that yours is a month after mine but who knows how admissions does things lol. Good luck to you too!

That was the date they gave me, I wasn't given any options. That is pretty strange that yours is a month after mine but who knows how admissions does things lol. Good luck to you too!
Quite strange. Thanks for the response though.

Does anyone know the interview type? Anyone else interviewing tomorrow??

How did the interview end up going? Also anyone else who interviewed at BU could chime in.
Hey! Its was great, very relaxed overall. The most "conversational" interview ive had yet. Truly a conversation and very enjoyable. Some short informational talks and a tour of course as well. Anything in particular you'd like to know?

Hey! Its was great, very relaxed overall. The most "conversational" interview ive had yet. Truly a conversation and very enjoyable. Some short informational talks and a tour of course as well. Anything in particular you'd like to know?
Nice, glad to hear it went well. Who did you interview with and about how long was it? Did they pull you guys out during lunch to interview? Also, any scenario type questions? Or just your basic why dentistry, why BU, etc.?

Does anyone know the interview dates for October/November? Is it possible to schedule it back to back with Tufts to save money/time on travel?

Hey guys, Canadian applicant here, still haven't heard back from BU, and I'm wondering if other canadians are in the same boat? Or have they started giving out interview invites to canadians already?

Anyone who interviewed with Dr. Russell, did he tell you to email him after? And if you emailed him, did he respond? Just wondering if he didn't see my email or if he typically doesn't reply quickly.

Does anyone know if they are done with Pre-Dec interviews?

Hey guys, Canadian applicant here, still haven't heard back from BU, and I'm wondering if other canadians are in the same boat? Or have they started giving out interview invites to canadians already?
I still haven’t hear anything either. I am a Canadian applicant as well.

Hey, does anyone know until when does Boston University interview? Are there interviews left?

Hey, does anyone know until when does Boston University interview? Are there interviews left?
Pretty sure they are done with invites for pre December. I had an interview today and I think there’s only a couple more interviews next week. I have friends that just received interview invites for January though.

I just got Dr. Russell's holiday email. I'm guessing this went out to all interviewees?

I just got Dr. Russell's holiday email. I'm guessing this went out to all interviewees?
I got it as well. I interviewed there. I dont know but i imagine it went out to everyone who interviewed.