*****Official Class of 2012 Columbia Acceptance Thread*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thank you guys! I am IN!

congrats! I am also on the waiting list and I really hope I get off the waiting list. Did you also receive a call from Dr. McManus?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard orientation starts on Aug 18 and classes start on Aug 25. Are those dates what everyone else have?

Did you ask Dr. Mcmanus?? I have no idea when the school starts.

I am assuming the same start date SHC 1984th mentioned... Aug 18th.
Maybe Columbia has the same start date as NYU?? I guess we all have to wait until the school informs us.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! I am also on the waiting list and I really hope I get off the waiting list. Did you also receive a call from Dr. McManus?

Yup~ I received a call from THE MAN one day after i received my letter~

Does anyone have any idea how many people are on the waitlist, and of those how many people would take the position if offered?

Does anyone have any idea how many people are on the waitlist, and of those how many people would take the position if offered?

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know approx. how many ppl are on the alternate list?

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know approx. how many ppl are on the alternate list?

Hi, I'm on waiting list too. Do you guys know if they reject ppl off the waiting list? Cuz I was told my status letter was sent a while ago:confused:, but havn't received it. the wait is killing me. Thanks.

Hi, I'm on waiting list too. Do you guys know if they reject ppl off the waiting list? Cuz I was told my status letter was sent a while ago:confused:, but havn't received it. the wait is killing me. Thanks.

that must be an acceptance letter i guess. anyone off the alternate list?

I am assuming the same start date SHC 1984th mentioned... Aug 18th.
Maybe Columbia has the same start date as NYU?? I guess we all have to wait until the school informs us.

school typically starts the last monday of August. orientation starts the Monday before that. I doubt this year will be any different.

heres the academic calendar for 07-08 if anybody is interested
https://www1.columbia.edu/sec/cu/hs/sdos/calendars/ACCAL.pdf

Hi guys~
my dentist just told me that he would give me some of his old instruments~
I am wondering if anyone know what kind of tools that we will be asked to buy and will need to use. I have no idea what those hand pieces are called, but any feedback is appreciated! Do we still do silver fillings?

This is one way of saving money!

any movement recently?

any good news for ppl on alternate list?

Still waiting here as well. Based on what I've read on this forum from previous years and the deadline for the next deposit (May 1st I believe), I think the majority of waitlist movement will occur in the beginning of next month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea about whats going on regarding housing. Has anyone received anything?
When are you guys planning on heading to NY?

Anyone have any idea about whats going on regarding housing. Has anyone received anything?
When are you guys planning on heading to NY?

They should be sending you info on housing very soon. I think the freshmen are allowed to move in the weekend before orientation, but no earlier than that.

Congrats to any newcomers joining the Columbia family!

I have been talking to several current Columbia students regarding the boards changing from % to p/f and this is what one of them has to say about it...Just FYI. :)

"We just had a "Town Hall" meeting with Deans Lamster, Salentijn and Davis. (Deans of the College, Academics and Students, respectively). Naturally, the change to the Boards came up.

Dean Lamster said that Columbia has no intention of changing anything in response. Changing the grading back to letter grades is not even open for discussion. He also pointed out what you already suspected -- the change will favor schools like Columbia. Residency directors know our curriculum and trust our curriculum. They take our graduates every year and know they get competent residents from here.

The reality is that a new exam will probably be in place in time to make this all moot. After all, your class won't be applying for residencies for another 4 years. However, IF a replacement isn't devised in time, the change to pass/fail will benefit Columbia students."

Out of 77 students...29 received housing, of those 6 are from NY...however...31 of the 77 are from NJ or NY..

23/46[out of state students...not including NJ]=50% received housing.

[Remember, not all of the out of state students needed housing, so the chances of getting housing is slightly higher.]

you receive housing app in march...I think...and def FedEX [not USPS or UPS or DHL...use FedEx!] ALL of your app overnight...and always call to double check if your stuff is here or not ...and Towers is def the best way to go. Three blocks from the school and one from the gym[Bard Hall]. Grocery store directly across the street thats open til 130am!

Just recieved my housing application two days ago...I overnight it through FedEX. :D

Congrats to everyone! Feel free to pm me with any questions :)

For housing, I would definitely recommend on-campus housing, especially for those not from NYC. On-campus housing is just much more convenient and safe.

anyone on the alternate list heard from Columbia recenrlty??

I just got in!!! I am sooo excited!!! Is there anything I should be doing regarding housing now??

Can you share your date of iinterview and stats?

I recieved a call from Dr. McManus as well last week and am waiting for the acceptance packet to come in the mail... IVY LEAGUE BABY