*~*~* Official Class of 2023 Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Now that is a bait and switch I would absolutely support.

On a side note...who else is low key nervous for the start of med school? Feels like it's coming up too fast like a train

Lol I’m very nervous. Excited too though to meet my classmates and be in a new place.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What are people doing/did in the last month before school starts? I'm so anxious/excited. I'm a non-trad and left work at end of May. Having the first real vacation of my life since high school (though there's family chores) and don't know how to spend more time.

Trying as many new food places as I can (I live in LA so I have a lot of options)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m moving from Colorado to South Florida in about 3 week lol. Crazy!

Anyone else doing a long road trip to move? Hopefully all my stuff will fit in my car!

Lol yes. I got rid of essentially all my furniture after undergrad (which wasnt really much, a desk and bed perhaps).. everything else since then has been able to fit into my car and I’ve tried to keep it that way because i knew id eventually have to move again for med school.

In any case, this past week I shoved everything in my car and drove the ~3000 ish miles from California to the east coast. Took the I-40 that sort of goes along the historic route 66. I am Super stoked to begin!

Y’all... we’re gonna be doctors and save lives ;) (assuming all goes well during these next four years lol)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys, t-minus 1 month and a few days until I move! I'm staying in my home state, which is nice, but it's still going to be crazy adjusting to a new city and school!

Unfortunately, my lease doesn't start until like 3 days before orientation. Our school kept saying to "settle in well-before classes start" so now I'm just freaking out. I should be okay, right???

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, t-minus 1 month and a few days until I move! I'm staying in my home state, which is nice, but it's still going to be crazy adjusting to a new city and school!

Unfortunately, my lease doesn't start until like 3 days before orientation. Our school kept saying to "settle in well-before classes start" so now I'm just freaking out. I should be okay, right???

I’m sure you will be fine. Totally a preference thing. I know people who are moving in 1-2 days before orientation and others 3-4 weeks in advance. I ended up moving in 2.5 weeks early and I’m happy with my decision.

I’m sure you will be fine. Totally a preference thing. I know people who are moving in 1-2 days before orientation and others 3-4 weeks in advance. I ended up moving in 2.5 weeks early and I’m happy with my decision.

I'm glad you're happy with your decision! I also think maybe distance has something to do with it...if I remember correctly you had a pretty big move to a diff state right? I don't blame you for wanting to get settled!

Either way I'm just so excited for all of us to begin this journey :)

Reactions: 1 users

You’ll be fine. My move in day is the first day of school lol.

Reactions: 2 users
My move in day is August 1st. I got a single apartment and I love it, it’s super nice. Then orientation on the 8th.

I’m beyond excited but honestly nervous as hell. Im moving out of my hometown after living there for 26 years... all my life.

Anyone feeling similar to this?

My move in day is August 1st. I got a single apartment and I love it, it’s super nice. Then orientation on the 8th.

I’m beyond excited but honestly nervous as hell. Im moving out of my hometown after living there for 26 years... all my life.

Anyone feeling similar to this?
Ooh, me! I’ve lived in my home state my entire life (39 years), and within 30 min of my (tiny) hometown 34 of those. Definitely tough.

Also plenty of imposter syndrome happening here!

Reactions: 1 users

I think you’ll be Ok just do the heavy lifting the first day and leave the organization of things and everything else to do bit by bit when u have time. I’m in a similar situation

I know I’m probably just being a worried wart, but I haven’t heard from my roommate in a week after texting/emailing him. He said he was going to do some traveling before school, so I’m guessing he’s out of the country.

It would totally suck if I had to find a new roommate/ apartment at the last minute lol

I know that’s random, but I guess I’m just getting some nerves before school starts lol

I'm moving to another state with awfully hot weather (I enjoy cold). I'm also moving in super last minute, lol. That said, it's all going to work out. We said this at the beginning of applying and I guess I've stuck with it but: trust the process. You guys definitely aren't alone. I'm still working out paying for new insurance policies, etc. and getting all of that figured out with my wife. Oh yeah, and we have to attend a wedding in another part of the country 2 days before classes begin. So that will be an interesting addition to the chaos, haha.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if I need to get new license plates and drivers license if I’m moving OOS? I can’t seem to find a clear cut answer on google

Does anyone know if I need to get new license plates and drivers license if I’m moving OOS? I can’t seem to find a clear cut answer on google

If you are not in the military and are moving to a new state where your residence will be, you are required to register your car in that state within a certain time frame (depends on the state), which means new license plates. They usually require a new DL too. Check with the state though, as they may have an exception for students who will be maintaining their residence in another state.

If you are not in the military and are moving to a new state where your residence will be, you are required to register your car in that state within a certain time frame (depends on the state), which means new license plates. They usually require a new DL too. Check with the state though, as they may have an exception for students who will be maintaining their residence in another state.
Yup. If you still can use your parents' address as a permanent address, you can just keep your DL from your home state. If you're OOS and aren't planning to establish residency (usually means immediate family, spouse working 12+ months, etc.) in your med school state, you likely won't need to get a driver's license there. If you call the financial aid office of the school, they can probably help you. They're usually very familiar with this stuff.