*********OFFICIAL COLUMBIA C/O 2020 INTERVIEW/ACCEPTANCE*****

Has anyone that interviewed already not heard back? Anyone denied yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same. I interviewed in November, but did not receive an email. From looking at previous posts, it seems they start rejections on dec 1st by email and send waitlist emails beginning dec 2nd. Congrats on your acceptances! :)

Thats weird. I shadowed my interviewer and he told me the admission committee doesnt meet till this friday to review our group

I hope so. I would love for my friend to get in too!! Maybe I just slipped through the cracks. Do you know when our group should expect to hear back?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Columbia lets people know if they are waitlisted/rejected?

Reactions: 1 users
I hope so. I would love for my friend to get in too!! Maybe I just slipped through the cracks. Do you know when our group should expect to hear back?
Who tony? Im assuming sometime next wk

Anyone get any scholarship info in their email? Wondering what the range is

Thats weird. I shadowed my interviewer and he told me the admission committee doesnt meet till this friday to review our group
I hope this is true :/ I thought they said they would have decisions for us Dec. 1st but maybe not

Members don't see this ad :)
No Facebook group for the Class of 2020? Can't seem to find it.. :cyclops:
(Can't wait to chat with y'all!)

whos planning on accepting their offer?

got email at 8:26am est

No email today. Not sure what it means... does that mean I'm likely to be rejected or put on the waitlist? Unsure of how the pattern has played out in the past.

Accepted this morning. Turning down the offer though

"In this fall- man, this is very tough- this fall I'm going to take my talents to New York City and join the Columbia School of Dental Medicine." - @FeralisExtremum

congrats!

Reactions: 4 users
interview jan 8 im so hoping i get in, i mean i have other acceptances, but I'm hoping its not all over just cause my interview is a post december , so nervoussss, congrats to those accepted!!!!

Last edited:
Has a class of 2020 Facebook group been made yet?

did columbia send any rejections yet? I haven't heard from them for an interview yet and i just wanted to know if I still had a shot. anyone get rejected without interview already?

I am thinking to send application and fee today. Am I too later? 1/1 is deadline. Any suggestion?

Just got the following email:

Dear Applicant:

We would like to inform you that your application is still being reviewed. Though you did not receive a decision by December 1st, your application is still active and being considered. If you have any additional information you would like to share with us or a letter of intent that you'd like to send us, please reply to this email and we will add to your file.

In the event that you are waitlisted, please understand that we frequently go to our waitlist for acceptances. We do not rank those applicants waitlisted but rather review them every time we accept someone from the list.

If you decide not to join the CDM Class of 2020, please inform us in writing of your intention to withdrew your application and of which school you will be attending.
What you gonna do?

I feel like a terrible person not telling them that I'm gonna be matriculating elsewhere, so by the end of the day I'm gonna get rid of the ego/curiosity thing that is letting me keep my application in consideration, and email them to tell them I hope the spot goes to someone else.

You are a fantastic human being.

My non-SDN using cousin just got this email too and was wondering if there were people who interviewed who didn't, or if anyone got a waitlisted or rejection email!

Just sent my letter of intent... and now I wait, I guess!

I received the same email too, most likely we wont find out if we are accepted until after January 1st

This whole community vibe and working together as dentists to succeed and learn is exactly what I'm looking for in a school. Too bad I had no choice but to apply late on Nov 23 (Canadian DAT is only twice a year) :(. I did receive an e-mail saying that my application was under review and that I met all the minimum requirements, etc. etc. I gotta say, I would love to go to school with you guys next year, from what I've been reading, this would be a fun class to spend the next 4 years with

A girl from my university just got the call this past monday (12/14), but she ended up turning it down to go to her instate

And didn't you already get in? haha

No need for the negativity, yo

No negativity...just relaying what my friend who interviewed this month told me they said. Trust me, I'd love to hold my breath.

is columbia done with interviews?

It's very, very doubtful that they're done already.

Edit: To clarify, when I interviewed, the students leading us around all got in post-December. At least from what I remember. They also said that it was a "very good sign" that we were interviewing so early, and to not worry if we didn't get accepted immediately on December 1. They stressed that they interview a lot of people after December, and that a ton of people from their class got accepted as late as April.

Last edited: