You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*********OFFICIAL COLUMBIA C/O 2020 INTERVIEW/ACCEPTANCE*****
Started by Ahmadtoo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My friend interviewed and has not heard yetHas anyone that interviewed already not heard back? Anyone denied yet?
I interviewed Nov. 20th, haven't heard anything at all yet.Has anyone that interviewed already not heard back? Anyone denied yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend interviewed and has not heard yet
Thats weird. I shadowed my interviewer and he told me the admission committee doesnt meet till this friday to review our groupSame day as you. We met. 🙂
Thats weird. I shadowed my interviewer and he told me the admission committee doesnt meet till this friday to review our group
I hope so. I would love for my friend to get in too!! Maybe I just slipped through the cracks. Do you know when our group should expect to hear back?
Last edited:
Does anyone know if Columbia lets people know if they are waitlisted/rejected?
Who tony? Im assuming sometime next wkI hope so. I would love for my friend to get in too!! Maybe I just slipped through the cracks. Do you know when our group should expect to hear back?
Haha yes!!! I hope you both get good news next week then.Who tony? Im assuming sometime next wk
Anyone get any scholarship info in their email? Wondering what the range is
I hope this is true :/ I thought they said they would have decisions for us Dec. 1st but maybe notThats weird. I shadowed my interviewer and he told me the admission committee doesnt meet till this friday to review our group
When was ur interview?I hope this is true :/ I thought they said they would have decisions for us Dec. 1st but maybe not
When was ur interview?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No email today. Not sure what it means... does that mean I'm likely to be rejected or put on the waitlist? Unsure of how the pattern has played out in the past.
Accepted this morning. Turning down the offer though
whos planning on accepting their offer?
got email at 8:26am est
I'm planning on accepting. See you guys in the fall!
When was ur interview?
November 20th
"In this fall- man, this is very tough- this fall I'm going to take my talents to New York City and join the Columbia School of Dental Medicine." - @FeralisExtremum
congrats!
congrats!
interview jan 8 im so hoping i get in, i mean i have other acceptances, but I'm hoping its not all over just cause my interview is a post december , so nervoussss, congrats to those accepted!!!!
Last edited:
whos planning on accepting their offer?
got email at 8:26am est
def putting down deposit - debating between three schools 🙁 #POrtmanteauKEMONproblems
Which ones?! Congrats!!def putting down deposit - debating between three schools 🙁 #POrtmanteauKEMONproblems
Which ones?! Congrats!!
Pacific, Columbia, and I have an interview with UCSF in Jan.
So we've met. Hmm now i think that my screenname shouldnt b so obvious.November 20th
did columbia send any rejections yet? I haven't heard from them for an interview yet and i just wanted to know if I still had a shot. anyone get rejected without interview already?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did columbia send any rejections yet? I haven't heard from them for an interview yet and i just wanted to know if I still had a shot. anyone get rejected without interview already?
Same same
.
Last edited:
What you gonna do?Just got the following email:
Dear Applicant:
We would like to inform you that your application is still being reviewed. Though you did not receive a decision by December 1st, your application is still active and being considered. If you have any additional information you would like to share with us or a letter of intent that you'd like to send us, please reply to this email and we will add to your file.
In the event that you are waitlisted, please understand that we frequently go to our waitlist for acceptances. We do not rank those applicants waitlisted but rather review them every time we accept someone from the list.
If you decide not to join the CDM Class of 2020, please inform us in writing of your intention to withdrew your application and of which school you will be attending.
.
Last edited:
I feel like a terrible person not telling them that I'm gonna be matriculating elsewhere, so by the end of the day I'm gonna get rid of the ego/curiosity thing that is letting me keep my application in consideration, and email them to tell them I hope the spot goes to someone else.
You are a fantastic human being.
My non-SDN using cousin just got this email too and was wondering if there were people who interviewed who didn't, or if anyone got a waitlisted or rejection email!
[,.
Last edited:
Just sent my letter of intent... and now I wait, I guess!
Is letter of intent something like how much u want to get in?Just sent my letter of intent... and now I wait, I guess!
Is letter of intent something like how much u want to get in?
I mean... kind of. It's not completely that
Anyone heard any newz
Anyone heard any newz
don’t hold your breath until early january
don’t hold your breath until early january
Boo!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone heard any newz
A girl from my university just got the call this past monday (12/14), but she ended up turning it down to go to her instate
And didn't you already get in? haha
don’t hold your breath until early january
No need for the negativity, yo
This whole community vibe and working together as dentists to succeed and learn is exactly what I'm looking for in a school. Too bad I had no choice but to apply late on Nov 23 (Canadian DAT is only twice a year) 🙁. I did receive an e-mail saying that my application was under review and that I met all the minimum requirements, etc. etc. I gotta say, I would love to go to school with you guys next year, from what I've been reading, this would be a fun class to spend the next 4 years with
A girl from my university just got the call this past monday (12/14), but she ended up turning it down to go to her instate
And didn't you already get in? haha
No need for the negativity, yo
No negativity...just relaying what my friend who interviewed this month told me they said. Trust me, I'd love to hold my breath.
is columbia done with interviews?
It's very, very doubtful that they're done already.
Edit: To clarify, when I interviewed, the students leading us around all got in post-December. At least from what I remember. They also said that it was a "very good sign" that we were interviewing so early, and to not worry if we didn't get accepted immediately on December 1. They stressed that they interview a lot of people after December, and that a ton of people from their class got accepted as late as April.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 17
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 31
- Views
- 13K