Official Consensus: TBR For Physics, Organic, Gen Chem; EK For Bio and Verbal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FollowTheMoney

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like those are the "best" for each respective section. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Members don't see this ad.

Biology: 1. EK Bio (for content) + BR Bio (for passages and further topic depth if needed) 2. TPR Hyperlearning, detail oriented 3. Kaplan

Physics
: 1. BR 2. Nova 3. TPR Hyperlearning 4. Kaplan

Verbal: 1. EK Verbal + EK 101 Verbal 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. BR 4. Kaplan (Avoid if possible)

Organic Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

General Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

Extra Practice Material: 1. TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook + TPR Hyperlearing Science Workbook, good source of practice passages 1. AAMC Official Guide to the MCAT Exam (most representative material available) 2. EK 1001 series, helps nail down basics

How would you rate EK Physics? Is it worth it to order all of TBR books now if I'm taking the MCAT June 17? I already have all the Kaplan and Examkrackers books. However, I'm weak in physics and Kaplan's physics book is horrible. I'm currently going through EK Physics. What do you suggest?

How would you rate EK Physics? Is it worth it to order all of TBR books now if I'm taking the MCAT June 17? I already have all the Kaplan and Examkrackers books. However, I'm weak in physics and Kaplan's physics book is horrible. I'm currently going through EK Physics. What do you suggest?

You dont have to order the entire set (BR). I have EK Physics as well; its not an easy read. I am thinking about signing up for Kaplan online Physics edge.

Members don't see this ad :)

It's only good for people strong in physics. Get BR Physics.

If you're already strong in organic you probably only need EK organic just to brush up.

I'm strong in organic, but I'm not very familiar with the lab techniques/passages (even though I took the lab). I don't know if that matters or not, but do you think I need to order TBR OChem just for practice with passages concerning Lab Techniques? (I already have Kaplan/EK Orgo but I haven't looked at them yet)

personally, i would save your money for organic. you'll get enough practice for orgo passages if you take a good number of full lengths.