Official Convention/Interview Prep/Shadow/Pre-Dental Day/Program/Event Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I think it would be a great idea to post about the events that are going on at different schools so that people are informed and can attend!

These can include things like interview prep days, shadow/visit days, preview days, pre-dental days, etc. These can also include things hosted by the ADA, CDA, ASDA, ADEA, like conventions, meetings, etc.

Posters must not be receiving any form of benefit by posting, whether monetary or otherwise. Should it be found that a poster is receiving a benefit, their post will be removed and disciplinary action will be taken. This thread is to keep pre-dental students informed, NOT to advertise events for benefit. Advertising can only take place in the Classifieds Forum.

Let's try this out and see how it goes! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Copied from what I posted in another thread:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAT week registration is coming up! This is an event held by ASDA (American Student Dental Association), an organization that you will most likely be a part of in dental school!
- They'll be doing lots of webinars and presentations that'll give you a great run-down about the DAT.
- DAT week will be from April 8th to April 12th, and registration opens March 8th, this Friday.
- Here's a link about it: DAT Week
- There is a cost, it's not free :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* I am in no way receiving any form of benefit, whether monetary or otherwise. I just saw this in my inbox and decided to share it with everyone because I didn't know about this myself when I was studying for the DAT lol

Copied from what @MIIMtodent posted earlier today:

Hi guys!

UTSD Houston is having a pre-dent interview prep day on Saturday, March 30th from 8am-12pm. It is for current pre-dents applying for this upcoming cycle (entering class 2020) only.

It includes:

Interview tips
Mock inteviews
Personal essay critiques
Professional photos
Social with current dental students
and more!

Cost is $50 or $35 for national ASDA pre-dental members

You can register at www.houstonasda.com/interview-prep/
lmk if you have any questions either about the interview prep day or the school itself! I am a current student.

Message @MIIMtodent for more info!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
^^^ I will go ahead and state that I am not receiving any benefit or monetary compensation for this post! Just a current ASDA officer trying to spread the word about our awesome event :)

There is a Pre-Dental Society gathering at this year's Hinman Dental Meeting in Atlanta on Saturday, March 23, from 9-11 AM. Registration is free for pre-dental students, and there are typically several admissions personnel present to answer questions at tables and on a formal panel including representatives from DCG, UAB, Maryland, VCU, UF, etc.

You can also take some time to mingle and register for other free courses and lectures.

More info here!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey all,

Just wanted to promote an upcoming event in Michigan. For those of your interested in combining DDS and PhD training together, this is probably the best conference to go to to find out about what we're doing at Michigan! Please send me a message through SDN so we can connect directly.

I will be graduating from the DDS/PhD program this year from Michigan, if anyone has questions about DDS or PhD training here!

TL;DR Pre-Dental Course - All Hands-on Experience - Implants, Lasers, Root Canal, Digital Impressions, 3D Dentistry, CAD/CAM, Mock Interviews

The Midwestern University Pre-Dental Simulation Course (May 31st and June 1st) is one of the most comprehensive pre-dental courses in the country. It will prepare your hand skills but will also provide a glimpse into the life of a dental student at Midwestern University. Space is limit and will fill up fast. Feel free to email [email protected] with any questions.
Here is the registration link: www.midwestern.edu//asdasimulationcourse
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/589216238262512/

Hello! I am a D1 at the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine and I just wanted to drop in and let you know of an event ASDA pre-dental committee is holding at CU incase anyone may be interested in the University of Colorado! Is it open to everyone. Please see the flyer! Come check out CU if you happen to be in town or would love to check it out!

ASDA Event.jpg

Hey everyone, UCLA ASDA along with a new organization, UCLA SIDE (Students for Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity), are working together to create lectures and workshops for pre-dents aimed at enhancing our communication with an understanding of marginalized communities under our care. There will be a total of 7 lectures, every Wednesday at 7:15pm PDT, with our first lecture happening this Wednesday, 7/22/20.

It is free and will be virtual, so be sure to sign-up to receive updates! Sign-up here. We hope you will be a part of these very important and meaningful discussions.

PM me if you have any questions :)

1595268680658.png

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! We hope you were able to join us for our first lecture last Wednesday. Our second lecture will be this Wednesday, at 7:15pm PDT! Check out my post above for more info ^^

On another note, UCLA ASDA's Pre-Dental Committee and Newsletter Committee have just released (aka TODAY!!) the latest version of Leeway Space, our pre-dental newsletter. It contains articles written by pre-dental students, for pre-dental students and includes some small tips for pre-dentals, like choosing the right dental school! You can find it here: Leeway Space | ASDA at UCLA.

We're always looking for writers, so if you're a pre-dent interested in writing an article, you can contact us at [email protected]! You don't have to be UCLA-affiliated, and it's a great thing to add onto your resume and applications ;)

PM me if you have any questions! :)

1595875824166.png

Hi everyone

My name is Vanessa Mareno. I am a D2 at the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine.

Members of my schools Diversity and Inclusion Committee are very happy to announcement the very first ever pipeline program for undergraduate underrepresented minorities interested in the field of dentistry hosted by the UBSDM.

The program serves to include a wide breadth of diverse backgrounds who are traditionally underrepresented in dentistry, either in the profession or by lack of access there of, and bring them to the University to shadow dental students in our Squire Hall!

We are really excited for this program! It has been in the works for some time, and we are now accepting applications for this program. I just want to note that this is in no way a gateway towards acceptance into UB's SDM Pre-doctoral program (Doctor of Dental Surgery program). However, DDS is a unique name created by a friend of mine, Arian Johnson, whose idea it was initiate this kind of program that targets pre-dental students who may be on the fence about dentistry or want to learn more about it. However, this is a very UNIQUE opportunity in that it will come with a stipend, and will afford applicants an opportunity, even if not accepted into the program, to meet with faculty and staff at the UBSDM and engage in questions about dental school, and potentially even the application process itself. I want to fully disclose, as well, that I am in no way part of the selection process. I just wanted to spread this information with you all on SDN because I know this is a very popular site for pre-doctoral information and the like.

All are welcome to apply. Please see the attached link below.

Also please enjoy this short video-clip explained by some of the students at UBSDM what diversity in dentistry means to them.

If you should have any questions regarding the application, or any process of the application process (either DDS or into any pre-doctoral program) please do not hesitate to reach out!

:highfive:
Best of luck!

• Love
"Should I add MWU-AZ to my school list this cycle?" Join us for a FREE info session to help decide.

Thursday, May 27, 2021 @ 2pm Phoenix/Pacific (5pm Eastern)

This is an information session for pre-dental applicants to learn about the College of Dental Medicine in Glendale, Arizona. Led by current students of MWU's ASDA Pre-Dental committee to help answer questions about attending MWU-AZ and answer admission questions.

There is only room for 100 pre-registered attendees for this zoom meeting. The zoom link and login instructions will be emailed on the day of the event. If we fill this session quickly, we may offer another in the future.

Register: https://forms.gle/7KpsEqkdGZM6uez96

Hi Aspiring Dentists!

The University of Utah School of Dentistry is hosting our biannual (Virtual) Pre-Dental Day!

In this session, we will have a student panel available to answer any of your questions and presentations from faculty and the admissions committee.

Come and learn more about the school and ask all your application and admissions questions!!

Attachments

• Pre-dental Day Flyers-01.png
    Pre-dental Day Flyers-01.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 78
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and American Student Dental Association (ASDA) at WesternU are proud to present our annual Pre-Dental Webinar! As the 2021-2022 application cycle has started, we are excited to provide helpful information, tips and tricks on dental school application, DAT, scholarships and so much more! Learn how to be a well rounded applicant from our dental students where we will talk about our experience as well as giving you a glimpse of what it is like to be a dental student at WesternU.
Did we mention that the webinar is FREE?!?!?! We’ve also partnered up with Oral-B to give away one Oral-B Genius electric toothbrush! Space is limited so hurry and sign up now to secure your spot!
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
What: ADEA/ASDA Dental School Application Webinar
When: June 10, 2021 | 7:00-9:00 PM PST
Link to sign up: https://docs.google.com/.../1FAIpQLSeESkEWmNe.../viewform...

Don't miss this opportunity to connect with the director of admissions, the admissions manager, other faculty, and current students!

Pre-dental Day Flyers-02.png