Official Countdown Thread........

Started by gujuDoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gujuDoc

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not that I took the MCAT or anything, this past August, but just because I feel like you all should have a thread like the one Crazy Cav had for us in April..........

Here it is, your official Countdown thread...................

As of now, you have 54 days, 3 hours, and 1 minute left til score release..........

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀: 😀 :luck: :luck:
 
gujuDoc said:
In response to above bolded portion of the quote..........

A. Go out, it will take your mind off scores.
B. Turn your cell phone off while on your date.

My friend took me to dinner a couple hours before scores came out and it did wonders for me. I suggest you go out as well.

Hmmm....What about booze? I heard it solves ones problems. I think I read this in a medical book....

🙂

Thnx gujudoc

Ehh...I have French class tonight from 6h00-8h00pm...


Good luck to all!

Okay random....I'm really worried I could have screwed up my PS section. Did anyone finish PS a lot quicker than usual? Doing practice tests I would finish either barely with a few seconds to go or I wouldn't finish at all. When I wrote the August I finished with a lot of time to spare.

Cheers

Hoomsy
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hoomsy said:
Hmmm....What about booze? I heard it solves ones problems. I think I read this in a medical book....

🙂

Thnx gujudoc

Ehh...I have French class tonight from 6h00-8h00pm...


Good luck to all!

Okay random....I'm really worried I could have screwed up my PS section. Did anyone finish PS a lot quicker than usual? Doing practice tests I would finish either barely with a few seconds to go or I wouldn't finish at all. When I wrote the August I finished with a lot of time to spare.

Cheers

Hoomsy


See my link if you want to see the examinee data overall for the curve. Scores may already be out or it may be that they are putting up the finishing touches. The end is near.
 
It's all non-profit, but my dad writes questions for a standardized test (I'd prefer not to say which one, although don't worry, it's not the mcat) and they pay him decently, in addition to putting him in 4 star hotels whenever they have meetings and such.

So- they have plenty of ways to spend it.
 
Tracy47 said:
37,669 test takers. That means they made $7,533,800 in testing fees alone! :laugh:

Mother...man how about a few of us get together and make our own med school admissions test. we can charge 1/2 the price...basically we'll get an applicant...look at them...if they look stupid we can punch them in the back of the head...if not we give them a CHECK and they're in! So the people who get punched in the head will either go home and cry and not apply or have brain damage and forget to apply.
 
You know that 7.5 million doesn't even count those who possibly voided the exam, and those who only got partial refunds, or how much more they made by late registration fees.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone checked to see on ThX if the scores are now up since the August data has been posted? Also meaning that I don't won't to be the first.
 
gujuDoc said:
You know that 7.5 million doesn't even count those who possibly voided the exam, and those who only got partial refunds, or how much more they made by late registration fees.
Nor does it cover fee waivers.... I think it's probably a little less than that. I'm willing to bet more people got fee waivers than paid without taking the test.
 
Em1 said:
5 hours and 34 minutes...
Just thought I'd pipe in, I am new to the countdown and I am freakin dying out here in AZ!! Can't they just post em already, don't they know we are all on pins and needles and can't do anything productive until those stinkin scores are up, and we'll probably be worthless for weeks after too!! Geez, the waiting sucks, my poor kid can't figure out why I am glued to the computer and keep LMAO everytime I read about someone else getting ready to loose their mind too! Help...Stop the Madness!!!
 
HunterGatherer said:
I'm afraid to stay logged in and be the person with a glitch in the upload.

I think the scores are already in. I can load high end video game on my crappy PC in about 10 minutes. Don't see how just raw numbers could take more than that.


I guess it has something to do with there being 37,669 students who took. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hang in there. 5 hours and 10 minutes.
 
Every time I hit refresh and it takes a few seconds longer to load (computer being slow, etc) I get all excited and think the scores will be there.... and then they're not! 🙁
 
hopefully they will be up soon. didnt they post the examinee data later in the evening for the april 2005 test? this time it seemed like the examinee data was posted quite a bit earlier????
 
Originally posted by Arsenic810
you just threw some gasoline on the flames, i think pavtca's HR jumped up another 10 BPM

IM SORRY!!! i was just wondering, i didnt mean to get anyone excited 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nikki2002 said:
yes--i am nikki i am in the chemistry library (gawd i'm such a dork) and today is..um...my birthday--yeah, that's right. now where are my gifts?


Hopefully you'll get a real awesome gift at 10 pm!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
 
Medic_2_MD said:
Wow...I was looking at the examination data...did anyone notice there was a lot of 7's on the PS? That sucks...


Lots of 8's and 10's in BS as well so that could be both good and bad...oh man, I'm gonna scream...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!... I WANT MY SCORES!!!!!!
 
that reminds me. one of my friends is named Damien. he was working as a volunteer in a psych hospital before coming to med school and he told me of this story of a schizophrenic he had to transport. the patient was telling him how Damien had this really trusting face and seemed really nice, etc... then he asked him his name and when he said "Damien", the guy fell to the floor and started screaming that the devil was trying to take him. 😱
 
Arsenic810 said:
that reminds me. one of my friends is named Damien. he was working as a volunteer in a psych hospital before coming to med school and he told me of this story of a schizophrenic he had to transport. the patient was telling him how Damien had this really trusting face and seemed really nice, etc... then he asked him his name and when he said "Damien", the guy fell to the floor and started screaming that the devil was trying to take him. 😱

i heart psychiatry
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.