****Official Indiana Acceptance Thread C/O 2014****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc Smile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of IU acceptances and no one single thread for it so I thought I would start an 'official' thread!

Congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email late last night informing me of my acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email late last night informing me of my acceptance!

What did the email say!?

I never got an email but I called the admissions office today and was told that we should be receiving a snail mail packet in the next few days with all the information on what to do next!

This is the e-mail I received last night:

"I am happy to notify you that the Indiana University School of Dentistry Admissions Committee has selected you for an offer of admission for the 2010 entering DDS class. You greatly impressed the committee with your overall academic record and your passion for the profession. Hopefully we impressed you as a high caliber yet student friendly institution where you will receive a first rate dental education. An official letter with specific details will come to you via postal delivery soon. If you decide to pursue your DDS degree with us at IUSD, please submit a nonrefundable deposit of $1,000 to us by Monday the 4th of January 2010. On the other hand, if you elect to attend a different dental school, I wish you the best of success, both with your studies and your future in the profession; perhaps you will consider IUSD again if you decide to specialize. In order for us to contact applicants on our alternate list, please notify us as soon as possible if you are not giving IUSD serious consideration. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely,
Dr. Kasberg"

Congrats everybody! I'm so excited!!! :)

In.

OOS people got an email around midnight, in state people got a phone call around 8 AM ET (me).

Got the email last night!!! :D woooo!!!

I bet they expect a bunch of OOS acceptances to decide their in-state - hence the email about choosing an alternative school.

I guess someone already created a facebook group for IUSD class of 2014. If you plan on attending, join up!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=206882199461&ref=mf

only like 8 more months until we actually start dental school!:eek:

Last edited:
Got the email on 11-30 at 11pm. Pretty excited it was my first. I am out of state.

email at 12:01, while waiting anxiously at the bar checking my phone every 30 seconds....finally

Dec 1st. Got up at 3:00 am and stayed up till 5:00 am... no acceptance email... Figured I was not in :( Then I woke up at 8:30 and there before my eyes was the email! yay! I soon found out that they got my email address wrong when Dr. Kasberg sent the emails out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called at 7:30 a.m. to find out I was accepted, not knowing that they would be calling me at 8...i'm impatient

Is it sad I have never opened a facebook account???... or is it sadder that my mom actually has a facebook account? ...i guess i'd have one friend :)

You gotta jump on that bandwagon. . . you can be my friend

dont worry, I called before they called me as well

Cmon, there has to be MORE people who got accepted at IU. . . .

ANYONE ELSE?

Yes DocSmile:) there are more of us i'm pretty sure....for starters I was up on Nov 30th/Dec 1st reading the threads as pple got their aceptances:luck:. I had got mine too but it took forever to get the email back SDN to be registered so cldn't update....but I also got my call as well as the 1130 pm email from Dr. Kasberg....was super excited!!!! BTW, are there any oos who interviewed on Nov 14th in this thread? I'm OOS and interviewed on that day...just curious:)...please let me know. Thanx. And Congratulations my fellow dental class of 2014 all over the U.S!!!;)

does indi have instate tuition after the first yr???

i got an email at 11:30 the night before...and a call at 8:30am on dec 1. i just recieved my official letter, and it says that i got in state tuition (i'm a florida resident). I'm so excited!

Got accepted and I'm OOS (CA) too!! I got the email at 11:30pm! :)

Got an e-mail today!! Accepted off the alternate list.

many congrats!!! Who here is OOS (or in state) and looking for Roomies or places to stay?

accepted today off of the waitlist, but repectfully declining the offer

Congrats! OOS and in too!

Last edited:
Looking for places to live.

I'm thinking start a frat house D1. let me know if you're down

Just got a spring interview acceptance today. They called right after their meetings around 430. (In-State)

congrats!! I am number 9 right now on the list waiting!!

I just got a call yesterday morning. I'm in and attending!

I'm #3 AHH! I hope there is still more movement on the list. Does anybody know if the alternate list moves much during June? Is anybody waiting on another school that has an acceptance from Indiana?

Hang in there! The only way I am giving my OOS seat up is if UTHSC-San Antonio accepts me before school starts... I am out of state there also and am not sure how good my chances are.