*** Official interview 2009 cycle thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlee1986

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone else get an interview invite in the mail today from uconn?! i'm sooooo excited....but so....scared.

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone else get an interview invite in the mail today from uconn?! i'm sooooo excited....but so....scared.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember your stats, so I'm not too surprised that you got one.
Good luck on the interview and more will keep coming! :thumbup:

Congrats. Tear it up Just like UMich with this year with football!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!!! I can't believe someone got an invitation in June, you must shine. Good luck.

Gratz!! Wow, June interview?? Is your Dad on the AdCom?? hehe, J/K!

Be the first to update your predents profile with an interview!

Congrats!!! holy moly June interview. WOW :thumbup:

Damn..I should finish up my app. I feel like a scrub now.

Wow thats impressive, what are those stats, if you dont mind sharing?

Great work!

Damn..I should finish up my app. I feel like a scrub now.

seriously i know. thanks again, SDN, for making me feel inadequate in every possible way!

-yours truly
(yet, i keep coming back...)

seriously i know. thanks again, SDN, for making me feel inadequate in every possible way!

-yours truly
(yet, i keep coming back...)

i agree with you, i am not even finishing up my application yet. hopefully within next week:(

i agree with you, i am not even finishing up my application yet. hopefully within next week:(

I submitted last night and mailed the needed fees, need to do some supps though from the schools that have them online already. I need to get to work. Although my DAT is July 21, so ill probably study for that first.

When is the interview date??

just for the record guys, i'm not all that impressive...21/21/26 my verified aadsas gpa is a 3.78 cumulative and 3.74 science..but thank you for your compliments!! :D i have a few extracurrics but nothing spectacular like setting up a dental clinic in africa.. you guys can look me up on predents.com if you want (my username is the same). i just got the letter today so i'm going to be calling them on monday to set up the interview. does anyone know when uconn starts holding their interviews? good luck to everyone who's applying!!

Members don't see this ad :)
despite what you say, your stats are very good. congrats!

I'm going to make this the "official" interview thread and sticky it.

If you would like, go to SDN account management and put your Predents.com user id in the predents.com box so your link to your predents profile will be shown under your avatar. BTW, your user id is 2317 (displayed to the immediate right of your name on your predents page). I'm sure peeps will want to see your progress through the cycle, even tho it might make a few feel like a humungo pile of doo!! :)

Also, update it to the interview date and be the very first to get an interview on Predents...wow..grtz again.

sooo i guess i got an interview at case western too...wow this cycle is moving really fast!! did anyone else get any invites?

sooo i guess i got an interview at case western too...wow this cycle is moving really fast!! did anyone else get any invites?

Congrats! Oh wow. Two interview invites in June? 2 Fast 2 Furious! :D:thumbup:

Hey I'm umich BBCS also! Did you apply on May 15?

i applied on may 18th and the printout was mailed on june 9th (the first aadsas batch i believe). you can check out my predents profile..i have everything updated on it.

Congats on your invites! I can't believe how early these schools are. I did not apply to either Case or UCONN. My school didn't even have grades done until last week of May......the last final was May 14th!!!!! Geez, this whole app. process should start in June to allow schools that are not ready on May 15th to be "early".

Last edited:
I randomly checked AADSAS the other day and saw an interview invite from Nova. They are usually really quick with this kind of stuff as it is but I was shocked to see one this early. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

I randomly checked AADSAS the other day and saw an interview invite from Nova. They are usually really quick with this kind of stuff as it is but I was shocked to see one this early. Good luck to everyone this cycle!
Nice!!! just curious about stats and when you sent everything. Also just for the future I was wondering where on AADSAS does it show acceptances/ denials. Is it in the message part? I figured they would send an email but Idkn. Thanks

Dentalgal2123:

I e-submitted on May 16th. I was in the second batch of mailings however, on June 16th. I submitted their secondary very quickly, and mailed the signature letter they requested.

thanks for the info!
congrats btw that's so exciting!

Congratulations on Nova! I also have an interview there (october 10)
Also, I have an interview at Case in August :)

For those of you who applied to Nova. Have all of the status boxes been filled in for your supplementaly application. I payed my fee June 3rd and the box is still empty along with all of the other ones (transcripts, letters, etc.) I have written multiple e-mails and tried to call several time but cannot get through to anyone. Is anyone else having this problem?

P.S. Do official transcripts need to be sent from schools attended or is AADSAS ok.

For those of you who applied to Nova. Have all of the status boxes been filled in for your supplementaly application. I payed my fee June 3rd and the box is still empty along with all of the other ones (transcripts, letters, etc.) I have written multiple e-mails and tried to call several time but cannot get through to anyone. Is anyone else having this problem?

P.S. Do official transcripts need to be sent from schools attended or is AADSAS ok.

That's how mine looks and it's been in for almost 2 weeks now.

Interview at Nova, TBD...

How did you guys receive the interview for Case, through email, mail, on AADSAS? im still waiting for my interview/rejection for Case bc my AADSAS stuff was sent out june 16 and i paid the fee june 20.

How did you guys receive the interview for Case, through email, mail, on AADSAS? im still waiting for my interview/rejection for Case bc my AADSAS stuff was sent out june 16 and i paid the fee june 20.
Ya same question did you get the interview in the mail? I heard you can check on AADSAS through status ..... At designated schools???? Or what??? please explain...

And anyone that has gotten an interview if you could say when your AADSAS application was sent that would be great. Thanks

Ya same question did you get the interview in the mail? I heard you can check on AADSAS through status ..... At designated schools???? Or what??? please explain...

And anyone that has gotten an interview if you could say when your AADSAS application was sent that would be great. Thanks

I saw mine, for Nova, via AADSAS. I'm assuming an offical one will come in the snail mail this week.

My application was sent to schools on June 16.
Nova posted the interview online (AADSAS). I received a letter in the mail 4 days later.
Case sent a letter in the mail. I received the letter a week ago and they still haven't updated the AADSAS online status

PS my status boxes for letters of rec on the Nova website still aren't checked off... They must be slow at updating that.

My application was sent to schools on June 16.
Nova posted the interview online (AADSAS). I received a letter in the mail 4 days later.
Case sent a letter in the mail. I received the letter a week ago and they still haven't updated the AADSAS online status

PS my status boxes for letters of rec on the Nova website still aren't checked off... They must be slow at updating that.

Did you send another set of transcripts from the college(s) you attended to Nova or did you only have to send your transcripts to AADSAS?

where is the nova supplemental app?

For you people that got an interview at Nova, what else did you guys send Nova other than your AADSAS application? did you turn in an extra $50 fee?

thanks guys

I have not yet received an e-mail from NOVA but on AADSAS under status it indicated invited to interview. I guess I will get an e-mail soon.

For you people that got an interview at Nova, what else did you guys send Nova other than your AADSAS application? did you turn in an extra $50 fee?

thanks guys

Well yeah. . .

just got my invite from Case in the mail today. MAN actually getting an inty makes me feel sooooo much better after getting straight up rejections w/no inty's last year

is it possible to get an interview before you retake your DAT for the 2nd time? Or do they wait on the second score even if you applied early?

thanks!

for all of you that got an interview at nova, did u pay the $50 fee right when u submitted ur app or did u wait till nova got back to u?

I payed right away. I would do anything to increase the chance of an interview...I scored one this afternoon.

Master Pain,
Approximately how long did it take after your check was cashed for you to receive the secondary application from NOVA?

REH

Does anyone know how many interviews in total Nova offers?

Master Pain,
Approximately how long did it take after your check was cashed for you to receive the secondary application from NOVA?

REH
You don't pay the fee until you complete the secondary.
It would appear that once Nova receives your AADSAS packet, they send you an email w/ the link to the secondary.
Fill it out, click "submit" and you are then prompted to pay electronically (credit card). Then you must send a signed printout of your payment verification. you may also pay via check/snailmail.

You don't pay the fee until you complete the secondary.
It would appear that once Nova receives your AADSAS packet, they send you an email w/ the link to the secondary.
Fill it out, click "submit" and you are then prompted to pay electronically (credit card). Then you must send a signed printout of your payment verification. you may also pay via check/snailmail.

so u did pay after u recieved an email from them....then y did u say u paid right away (meaning as soon as turned in ur app)