*** Official interview 2009 cycle thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pitt!!!! AADSAS status changed. my first choice im soooo excited!!

Members don't see this ad.

UCLA but I will be declining. Good luck :xf:

no interest in UCLA....may I ask why??? Price or you just love NY :D

I was on edge about applying to UCLA in the end I never sent in my secondary app. No real interest in going to cali but if I did I think UCLA would be my top choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone get a intervie from tufts or usc today?????

Got Univ of Maryland and BU within 5 mins of each other today!

Maryland Interview Feb. 24th......I'm pretty pumped since its my #1

Is tufts, bu, temple or pittsburgh still interviewing???

I just got a pitt interview invite via email this morning for March 2nd. (aadsas was updated last week though). The email said this is the last day though. I don't know about the other schools, however.

UNLV interview invite today via email ! ^^

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a pitt interview invite via email this morning for March 2nd. (aadsas was updated last week though). The email said this is the last day though. I don't know about the other schools, however.

I guess thats not good for the rest of us that haven't heard back from Pitt ... :(

any one hear from usc or tufts lately???????d

just a quick update:

I called BU, NYU, Tufts and Louisville.
BU, NYU and Tufts said they are all still sending out inverivew invites. they will continue sending invites for a while.

Louisville said that they will meet at the end of this week to determine if they are going to continue to interview. They said the class is not full, but they have interviewed enough to fill the class. so by the end of the week they will decide to continue to interview or end the interview process

just wanted to pass that along

just a quick update:

I called BU, NYU, Tufts and Louisville.
BU, NYU and Tufts said they are all still sending out inverivew invites. they will continue sending invites for a while.

Louisville said that they will meet at the end of this week to determine if they are going to continue to interview. They said the class is not full, but they have interviewed enough to fill the class. so by the end of the week they will decide to continue to interview or end the interview process

just wanted to pass that along

Good to hear, thanks for the update.

Tufts invite by e-mail. Already set to go to Midwestern, so declined. Hopefully someone in need gets to go instead!

Tufts invite by e-mail. Already set to go to Midwestern, so declined. Hopefully someone in need gets to go instead!

Just curious. What time of the day did they send you the email (like exactly)? As you can tell im a little eager to hear from them. :)

Columbia today. I thought they were done inviting ppl...

Anywho, I am happy bec/ I applied to 6 schools and got invited for 6 interviews! :eek:I can't believe that, I am so happy today.:love: I think it was my application and personal statement, bec/ I think of everything, those were my strongest points.
I wish everyone the best!
~A.I.

Your GPA doesn't hurt either^

:)

Anywho, I am happy bec/ I applied to 6 schools and got invited for 6 interviews! :eek:I can't believe that, I am so happy today.:love: I think it was my application and personal statement, bec/ I think of everything, those were my strongest points.
~A.I.
If you don't mind me asking...why didn't you apply to NOVA?

If you don't mind me asking...why didn't you apply to NOVA?

Same question my Boston interviewer asked me.
Answer: everyone at USF tells us not to go to Nova if we get into UF. From what I heard, UF is better, way cheaper, and more prestigious.
I really don't know much about the schools (even though I visited both with our pre-dental society) so I was just going by what the dentists, students, and mentors told us.
I have nothing against any school, NOVA is really pretty and nice and of course it produces good clinicians, all schools must do that or else they would be closed. What got to me is the cost. That is why I chose UF over NOVA.
*Now, the other schools I applied to>> I have other reasons as to why I chose them as well. That was another question my interviewer asked me about :laugh:

~A.I.

wow congrats!!! +rep +rep haha :highfive:

I forgot to mention that USC will be my FIRST interview! I am VERY excited for this opportunity. I hope there is still a chance!

Same question my Boston interviewer asked me.
Answer: everyone at USF tells us not to go to Nova if we get into UF. From what I heard, UF is better, way cheaper, and more prestigious.
I really don't know much about the schools (even though I visited both with our pre-dental society) so I was just going by what the dentists, students, and mentors told us.
I have nothing against any school, NOVA is really pretty and nice and of course it produces good clinicians, all schools must do that or else they would be closed. What got to me is the cost. That is why I chose UF over NOVA.
*Now, the other schools I applied to>> I have other reasons as to why I chose them as well. That was another question my interviewer asked me about :laugh:
That's great! You have awesome GPA so no doubt you were going to get into UF. I definitely want to stay in FL so I couldn't take that chance. Congrats again....

I forgot to mention that USC will be my FIRST interview! I am VERY excited for this opportunity. I hope there is still a chance!

congrats surge good luck on the interview! when did you get the interview invite?

congrats surge good luck on the interview! when did you get the interview invite?

Thanks so much! I received it in the mail on 2/21, but it was dated 2/14. Guess it took a long time to get to me.

Thank you so much Pcakes and MsToothLady!
I wish you both the very best :)

Has anyone talked to usc lately? did they send out that the new interview invites?

Has anyone talked to usc lately? did they send out that the new interview invites?

I got an invite and scheduled it about 2 weeks ago...I don't know if they are sending anymore out at this point; but I am about to decline my interview so there's another interview spot open..I know they try to have about 30 people at each interview date..and the last one is March 5 I believe.

Hey Everyone, I just arrived in NYC right now (from FL)!!! It is so late :eek: and I am walking these streets all by myself. I took the subway all the way from the airport to here, like 1.5 hrs :D (actually, it was airtrain, then subway and then I walked a few blocks.) I am staying in a hostel :O next to Central Park and the Natural History Museum... :soexcited::clap:`Sorry ppl, I am just so excited, I LOVE NYC!!!

Anywho, I have my last interview tomorrow! This is exciting. I will stay the whole weekend here and hang out with friends in NY, I mean, I can't waste this city :cool: that would be like a sin...

Little girl in a big city? lol you're smart to navigate your way like that! I hate NYC but good luck on your interview!

So last week I got my first interview invite for 13 March at UCLA. I didn't post at first because I didn't really want everyone saying how did this dude get an interview, but I figure people can go ahead and say what they want and it shows it is about more than the numbers and will encourage those individuals with below average stats (even those that apply late).

So last week I got my first interview invite for 13 March at UCLA. I didn't post at first because I didn't really want everyone saying how did this dude get an interview, but I figure people can go ahead and say what they want and it shows it is about more than the numbers and will encourage those individuals with below average stats (even those that apply late).

Honestly your numbers are pretty good given the environment in which they were earned. Not only did you get decent grades but you also had military drilling almost daily. To schools so far I have noticed that 3.4 in Air force is about 3.7 at a normal university. Congrats on the interview, now prep well and rock it.

congratulations for your interview. we are not just numbers! good luck :thumbup:

congrats actofgod! can you tell me when you submitted your secondary?

congrats actofgod! can you tell me when you submitted your secondary?

19 Dec - I received the e-mail from Ms. Benitez stating they received my AADSAS

20 Dec - I mailed the secondary and contacted the schools to send my transcripts

20 Jan - I inquired to see if my application was complete

22 Jan - Ms. Benitez responded stating it was complete and under-review

26 Feb - Interview invite

19 Dec - I received the e-mail from Ms. Benitez stating they received my AADSAS

20 Dec - I mailed the secondary and contacted the schools to send my transcripts

20 Jan - I inquired to see if my application was complete

22 Jan - Ms. Benitez responded stating it was complete and under-review

26 Feb - Interview invite

haha wow you're awesome! so thorough thanks :thumbup:

Hey guys, for those of you wondering if West Virginia University is still alive out there, they are. I got a call today for an interview spot in April. I am an out of state applicant. From the looks of predents, somebody else out of state was also offered the same spot but must have declined it.

Hey guys, for those of you wondering if West Virginia University is still alive out there, they are. I got a call today for an interview spot in April. I am an out of state applicant. From the looks of predents, somebody else out of state was also offered the same spot but must have declined it.

I also got an invite from WVU this afternoon but I declined. Good Luck!