**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
School: MUSC
Notification date: 12/23/2014
Method of notification: UPS
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/14/14
Application complete date:07/14/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/20
Interview/acceptance/rejection? I'm assuming interview and if so congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Interview/acceptance/rejection? I'm assuming interview and if so congratulations!

They only use UPS for acceptances. I've only ever heard them using calls for interviews.

School: MUSC
Notification date: 12/23/2014
Method of notification: UPS
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/14/14
Application complete date:07/14/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/20

But I remember your post a while back. Did you retake?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
declined acceptances at UNLV & WesternU! good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know. I am wondering when is the next round of acceptance for houston.

Any idea when the next wave of acceptances will be!?? It's been awefully quiet.... :(
I have the feeling that most schools are waiting for mid January when the deadline for people accepted on Dec 1 comes around. That way they can get an idea of how many seats they have available before they send out another wave of acceptances. I would be willing to bet that end of January early February more acceptances will come rolling in.

do you guys think they still give out interviews this late in the game? I know Roseman (from reading previous threads) has interviews in March and February. I wonder if any other schools give out interviews later in the game as well.

do you guys think they still give out interviews this late in the game? I know Roseman (from reading previous threads) has interviews in March and February. I wonder if any other schools give out interviews later in the game as well.
Check last year's thread. Many interviews went out toward the end of Jan, early Feb. Very school dependent though...

Yeah, still some time for some schools, notably private schools.

Any idea when the next wave of acceptances will be!?? It's been awefully quiet.... :(
I'd assume after the break and after people reject/accept their offers. Probably a couple weeks to re-review, etc. I'd guess mind Jan.

I received an acceptance to Temple on 12/1. But I was slow in sending the $1000 deposit. I mailed it on 12/23, right before they went on holiday break. They won't be back until 1/5/14 and the deposit is due 1/1/14. It seems like they won't see the deposit until 1/5. So is my deposit considered too late? I'm so paranoid. That's why I also placed a deposit for Nova today. Nova says the deadline is 1/1 as well. But they just sent me an email that the order won't be processed until after 1/1.

Does anyone know if it's too late for me? Or I'm just psyching myself out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an acceptance to Temple on 12/1. But I was slow in sending the $1000 deposit. I mailed it on 12/23, right before they went on holiday break. They won't be back until 1/5/14 and the deposit is due 1/1/14. It seems like they won't see the deposit until 1/5. So is my deposit considered too late? I'm so paranoid. That's why I also placed a deposit for Nova today. Nova says the deadline is 1/1 as well. But they just sent me an email that the order won't be processed until after 1/1.

Does anyone know if it's too late for me? Or I'm just psyching myself out?
Psyching yourself out imo. Most businesses use postmark dates as the deadline. Therefore your envelope w/ payment postmarked prior to 1/1 should be sufficient to secure your position regardless of whether they receive the letter after 1/1. However I suggest you follow up with an email notifiying them it was sent and you should be fine. You may have just burned another 1K with Nova for nothing :( congrats on your acceptances!

I'm still waiting on 11 schools. I got rejected from 6, interviewed at 1 and never heard back, and was placed on continuing review at 1. My gpa is totally the problem.. 2.96 science and 3.26 cum and 3.8 non science. I retook both orgo semesters. I don't know what to do next. My resume is great.. Lots of research/shadowing/volunteering. And I spent my gap year in a dental lab. Should I spend another gap year in the lab if i have to reapply or should I get a masters? Any advice is appreciated.

Also the only local SMP is at BU, so money is definitely an issue for me, otherwise I would've jumped into the masters instead of the lab.

I'm definitely in the same boat as you. Similar stats, GPA wise and 19 AA / 19 TS / 21 PAT on the DAT. Zero interviews and one "extended" review for WesternU. I already applied to two 1-year Master programs at USC and WesternU. Good luck to both of us.

P.S. Shout out to everyone declining acceptances at WesternU. You da real mvp.

Reactions: 4 users
Hope this comes as a late christmas/early new years present to some. Will be declining offers from UPenn, Michigan, Case Western, Western and USC! Stuck between the two Bay area schools haha Wish you all the best of luck.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm definitely in the same boat as you. Similar stats, GPA wise and 19 AA / 19 TS / 21 PAT on the DAT. Zero interviews and one "extended" review for WesternU. I already applied to two 1-year Master programs at USC and WesternU. Good luck to both of us.

P.S. Shout out to everyone declining acceptances at WesternU. You da real mvp.
We have the same dat too haha weird. I guess I will be applying to SMPs -_-

It has been a difficult decision, but I will be turning down Minnesota, Midwestern-AZ, NYU and Western today. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Don't give up. My stats were not good (3.05 GPA, 19 DAT AA). I was accepted to Ohio State. I think what people need to do is work on their weaknesses. If you have good GPA/DAT maybe work in the dental field for your gap year (Lab tech, Asssistant, etc) if don't have good stats, maybe do a masters program (UC has an online Masters of health administration). Most importantly, keep your spirits up...there is still time...

Reactions: 6 users
Received an acceptance from LECOM this morning. Will probably turn it down. Still waiting for good news from a few public schools I interviewed at.

Reactions: 1 users
So I got into three schools on December 1st. I'm very happy and grateful, but I'm still waiting to hear from my top three schools. I got waitlisted at UConn, but my status literally did not change at Columbia or Stony Brook. The AADSAS still says "invited for interview" at those two schools, which I thought was really weird. I sent all three a letter of intent. But I'm extremely nervous about when and what I'll hear, especially from Stony and Columbia. Any thoughts?

So I got into three schools on December 1st. I'm very happy and grateful, but I'm still waiting to hear from my top three schools. I got waitlisted at UConn, but my status literally did not change at Columbia or Stony Brook. The AADSAS still says "invited for interview" at those two schools, which I thought was really weird. I sent all three a letter of intent. But I'm extremely nervous about when and what I'll hear, especially from Stony and Columbia. Any thoughts?

I actually got rejected first thing dec 2nd morning from Columbia(email + adea), so obviously that means you're still in the running :highfive:. Regarding Stony Brook, I emailed them recently and they still have another interview date coming up and haven't formulated a wait list yet. I also declined my acceptance to Uconn.

Good Luck!

Where did you decide to to go, if you don't mind me asking? And I'm just insanely nervous about it. I don't know if I should call and ask them about it this week anyways or not... It's been 8 months of this nerve-racking crap and I'm so tired of it. I want it to be final so I can start getting excited about school, no matter where it is.

Penn rejection. Was definitely expecting it lol.

Don't give up. My stats were not good (3.05 GPA, 19 DAT AA). I was accepted to Ohio State. I think what people need to do is work on their weaknesses. If you have good GPA/DAT maybe work in the dental field for your gap year (Lab tech, Asssistant, etc) if don't have good stats, maybe do a masters program (UC has an online Masters of health administration). Most importantly, keep your spirits up...there is still time...

Hello, will you please give me some inf about the master`s program? what is the exact name of them?? thank you I am trying to find a proper place to do my masters.

Hello, will you please give me some inf about the master`s program? what is the exact name of them?? thank you I am trying to find a proper place to do my masters.
Schools tell u to not do the masters online! Do any masters with a strong science curriculum - i think that Rutgers has a pretty strong one. You get to take classes with the dental students!

Where did you decide to to go, if you don't mind me asking? And I'm just insanely nervous about it. I don't know if I should call and ask them about it this week anyways or not... It's been 8 months of this nerve-racking crap and I'm so tired of it. I want it to be final so I can start getting excited about school, no matter where it is.
Patricia berry told me stony brook would be sending out second round offers soon and third round in feb, then making the wait list from there. Hopefully there's good news to come for us all this week. Fingers crossed.

So I haven't received a single interview invite, but I have yet to also be rejected. When should I commence panic? Lol.

ughhh if my friend doesn't get accepted then its george bush fault.

May 2015 bring us all interviews and acceptances. I still have 9 in review, hoping one of them will take a chance on me! :)

Reactions: 17 users
May 2015 bring us all interviews and acceptances. I still have 9 in review, hoping one of them will take a chance on me! :)

silent schools are the bane of my existence

Can't make up mind to decide between NYU and Tufts. Any thoughts?

Can't make up mind to decide between NYU and Tufts. Any thoughts?

I would normally say go to the cheaper school, but I think that these two schools are similarly priced. Is there a large difference between cost of living in Boston and NYC? Large enough to make you choose one over the other? If there's not much of a difference in cost of living I'd pick the school (and city) I'm more excited about.

Today's my birthday.....i dont want anything else from anyone....just need this one acceptance!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
when is the next round of acceptances for the University of Michigan?

I'm in the same boat as hopefultrojandds because my school completed my committee letter so late -_- I just got rejection from UCSF and now I'm panicking... :(

I would normally say go to the cheaper school, but I think that these two schools are similarly priced. Is there a large difference between cost of living in Boston and NYC? Large enough to make you choose one over the other? If there's not much of a difference in cost of living I'd pick the school (and city) I'm more excited about.
The problem is that I liked Tufts much better that NYU at the interview. I also got my maters there so I'm more familiar with the school. The drawback is that I have to retake organic chemistry just because I've done it at a community college (despite an A and a 25 of DAT).
Also, I'd love to live in NYC but I'm not sure I can actually enjoy the city while in dental school. Cost of living and cost of school should not be that different. Although if at NYC, there is more ways to spend money....

The problem is that I liked Tufts much better that NYU at the interview. I also got my maters there so I'm more familiar with the school. The drawback is that I have to retake organic chemistry just because I've done it at a community college (despite an A and a 25 of DAT).
Also, I'd love to live in NYC but I'm not sure I can actually enjoy the city while in dental school. Cost of living and cost of school should not be that different. Although if at NYC, there is more ways to spend money....

Sorry to hear that Tufts wants you to retake Organic Chemistry--Its silly since you did well on the DAT, which proves that your C.C. course was solid. I guess that's the real sticking point. Are you willing to retake O'Chem to attend Tufts? If you are, the course should be less challenging the second time around, and will probably take up less or your time and energy. What if Tufts says it is okay to retake the lecture, without retaking the lab? Would that make the difference? If retaking O'Chem is not an option, then drop Tufts like a bad habit, accept NYU's offer and never look back.

I would definitely focus on the O'Chem dilemma first though, since it doesn't make sense to continue weighing the two schools against each other if you don't feel like you are willing to spend anymore resources/time on O'Chem, which is totally understandable.

Sorry to hear that Tufts wants you to retake Organic Chemistry--Its silly since you did well on the DAT, which proves that your C.C. course was solid. I guess that's the real sticking point. Are you willing to retake O'Chem to attend Tufts? If you are, the course should be less challenging the second time around, and will probably take up less or your time and energy. What if Tufts says it is okay to retake the lecture, without retaking the lab? Would that make the difference? If retaking O'Chem is not an option, then drop Tufts like a bad habit, accept NYU's offer and never look back.

I would definitely focus on the O'Chem dilemma first though, since it doesn't make sense to continue weighing the two schools against each other if you don't feel like you are willing to spend anymore resources/time on O'Chem, which is totally understandable.
They are pretty strict with Ochem and it has to be with lab.

whats the pass rate for tufts? you always hear about the high pass rate for NYU on here.