**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dunkind

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would make a thread separate from the "Where have you heard from 2010-2011 cycle" (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=744700) specifically for people to post the interview invites, rejections, and acceptances that they have received.

The "where have you heard from thread is bogged down with people posting every email they have received. That is a nice source of information, but lets keep this thread limited to interview invites, rejections, and acceptances (when they come).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
University of Florida: Invited for interview via email on 7/21

Iowa: Application deferred via email on 7/25

Last edited:
Medical College of GA - interview invite on 7/23
University of Iowa - application "deferred" on 7/24

Members don't see this ad :)
Midwestern (Arizona) Rejection. Letter dated 7/19

Midwestern - Interview. Notified 07/15/10 Email
Indiana - Denied. Notified 07/15/10 Email

Nova interview, notified by email 7/13

so how does it work, they notify you, you call them and set up an appointment?

I am planning on going traveling for the last two weeks in august, and I am currious, if I get interviews, Do i have an option on when my interview can be?

Indiana- Interview, email 7/23
Iowa- Interview, email 7/24

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Florida: Invited for interview via email on 7/21

Iowa: Application deferred via email on 7/25

What does the "deferred" mean for your Iowa? Was it a decision by Iowa, or by the applicant? Thanks.

for those of you getting interviews from nova.....have you already submitted your letters of rec?

I got my interview invitation from Nova about a week before my letters of rec were designated to be mailed.

Case interview - 7/16 (mail)
Nova interview - 7/22 (email)

Midwestern (Arizona) Rejection. Letter dated 7/19

For those who have been accepted or rejected from Midwestern AZ or Illinois...when was your secondary complete? Thank you for the informations :)

For those who have been accepted or rejected from Midwestern AZ or Illinois...when was your secondary complete? Thank you for the informations :)

for AZ my secondary was received 7/8 and completed 7/12

yes i did excitingly enough, and i scheduled it for monday 9/13

If you don't mind me asking...what are your stats? Also, since you completed your app on 7/16, what day did Midwestern contact you for an interview?

Way to go :thumbup:...thanks for the info.

Iowa invitation for interview via e-mail 7/27

INDIANA INTERVIEW INVITE!!!! (via email)
Sooooooooooooo Excited!

Last edited:
NOVA - rejection. letter dated 7/19.

All others are still under review. I'm hoping to hear from Iowa soon! (I submitted my app in June - maybe they're still deciding on mines?)

NOVA - rejection. letter dated 7/19.

All others are still under review. I'm hoping to hear from Iowa soon! (I submitted my app in June - maybe they're still deciding on mines?)

did u have status on AADSAS for NOVA as received/under review before getting that rejection letter?

did u have status on AADSAS for NOVA as received/under review before getting that rejection letter?

No, status was changed to "application denied" on 7/15. I knew about the rejection before I got the letter. I only mentioned the letter because I see it as "more" official than the school decisions tab on AADSAS. Good luck to those who interview soon though! I'll keep you all updated as soon as I hear something on my end.

No, status was changed to "application denied" on 7/15. I knew about the rejection before I got the letter. I only mentioned the letter because I see it as "more" official than the school decisions tab on AADSAS. Good luck to those who interview soon though! I'll keep you all updated as soon as I hear something on my end.

so your status on AADSAS was received under review BEFORE changing to application denied?

because i dont have any status on NOVA although i got confirmation email saying they got my stuff

Was your AADSAS status "under review" before changing to "denied"? I'm worrying cuz I have no status from nova..

so your status on AADSAS was received under review BEFORE changing to application denied?

because i dont have any status on NOVA although i got confirmation email saying they got my stuff

Yes, it was "received/under review" and then changed to "application denied" a couple days after (~5 days). NOVA did not send me an e-mail about the rejection - I kept getting duplicate confirmation e-mails to let me know that things were in and that my app was under review.

...gotta remember that i sent my application in very early (in mid-June). Also, as we approach august, the busier things get at admissions. So things may be handled differently at this point. Call to check, I guess?

Was your AADSAS status "under review" before changing to "denied"? I'm worrying cuz I have no status from nova..

You should call Nova because everyone's file that was complete had the Received/Under Review on the School Decision Tab.
It seems like your file is not complete.

Where are the status changes located? I have received letters that my application is complete and under review and have also been invited to an interview but nothing has changed that I can tell on my AADSAS... HELP please :oops:

^ Sign in to your AADSAS and the far right column should have a link called "school decisions", all updates should be there

Just got invited for interview at Nova on 15 October.

AADSAS submission 06/12/2010
Mail out date 07/09/2010
NOVA decision date 07/19/2010

Woohoo! First interview invitation today (7/28) from Indiana. I got an email with the invitation, but no update on AADSAS.

Oh, and I submitted my application on June 3rd, so it went out in the first mailing.

Received interview at Indiana today! (by email)
Received interview from Case Western a couple weeks ago by snail mail

Congrats on the Indiana Interview. What week did they offer you? I was able to pick a day from Sept. 20-24

Medical College of GA - interview invite via email on 7/23!!!
University of Iowa - application "deferred" on 7/24
Indiana University - interview invite via email on 7/30!!!

Did indiana ask you guys for proof of citizenship?
What forms are acceptable/what did you use?

2. What address do they want you to send the interview paper and materials to?

Did indiana ask you guys for proof of citizenship?
What forms are acceptable/what did you use?

2. What address do they want you to send the interview paper and materials to?

I was gonna use my social security card...do you think that would work?

are there stats anywhere on how many people each school interviews and how many of those people get accepted?