TheDataKing

limeyguydr incognito
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
May 16, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey All!

I made an interview tracker like the one I made last year as it turned into something very helpful (and anxiety-provoking) for many.

MD:

Share your II information here!

Share your application outcome information here!

and then you can check on your school's data here.

Let me know if you have any questions. Below are the links to the tracker from last year along with a few other helpful spreadsheets.

2019-2020 interview and outcome tracker

Post-II Acceptance Percentages

I know this year is unlike any other for y'all applying and invite you to reach out to current M1s/M2s, etc. if you have any questions. May the odds be ever in your favor!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

PigsHaveWings

Dokter or Professional PickleBaller
May 10, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
you could consider adding "neighboring state" also to the response under " are you an instate resident", since lot of the public schools take only neighboring state applicants under the OOS category.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

ChemEtoMD23

Can theoretically manufacture plastic
Oct 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I notice a lot of people getting early II's have 524+ MCATs, but I see comparatively fewer 523s and 522s. I wonder if a lot of schools use 524 as the cutoff to define "ultra high stat" applicants that demand immediate attention. I wouldn't say that it is unreasonable, given that the AAMC's study into the predictive validity of the new MCAT features Step 1 score ranges for each individual MCAT score until 524, at which point 524-528 are grouped into one bucket (with, I might add, a much tighter range on Step 1 scores).

I am referring to the data on slide 27 of this file: https://www.aamc.org/system/files/c/1/493340-lsl2018validity.pdf

Mar 2, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Honestly I think this tracker isn't very healthy for applicants. It just becomes another website to needlessly feed our anxiety- what good does that do?

Reactions: 3 users

ChemEtoMD23

Oct 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
I'm advocating for the rest of applicants on here. Maybe you can try to understand that
Pre-meds are adults that can make their own decisions regarding whether or not to look at this data.

Besides, the interview tracker absolutely has utility. One use I can readily think of is helping applicants to decide how to prioritize schools when completing their applications. Schools which send lots of interview invites early should be prioritized over schools which send interview invites more evenly over the course of the cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads
Sep 17, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Since I don't have any personal II, I'm just going to assume everything on the tracker and SDN is a lie. I think it will help protect my fragile ego.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

premedstudent145231

2+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2019
That’s another issue with it. Not really reliable. Just another way it can be toxic and promote needless neuroticism
Idk if you're just emboldened by nobody calling you out on your last comment, but your take is absolutely terrible. There is literally no benefit to taking it down, and it can only have upsides existing. If you don't like it then leave lmao, Also the fact that you said "what good does that do?" and then literally used it yourself (i.e., proving what good it can do) is just funny.

Reactions: 1 user
Mar 2, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Idk if you're just emboldened by nobody calling you out on your last comment, but your take is absolutely terrible. There is literally no benefit to taking it down, and it can only have upsides existing. If you don't like it then leave lmao, Also the fact that you said "what good does that do?" and then literally used it yourself (i.e., proving what good it can do) is just funny.
I used it for something completely unnecessary- absolutely nothing would be different had I not checked it. Clearly you don’t understand how anxiety works.

Another example- someone with an eating disorder has anxiety about their body appearance, so they constantly track their body weight and other measurements every day, promoting a vicious cycle of anorexia and/or other destructive behaviors. They literally WANT to check their cals/weight/etc. It is caused by ANXIETY. And it is almost ADDICTING.

Just like the interview tracker. Anxious pre med students WANT to check it because it helps feed into their anxiety/fears about others getting interviews/whether or not they will also hear soon too. You’re living under the facade that it is helpful and informative. Do you honestly believe that? If you’re gonna get an interview, it will come. If not, it won’t. Sure, you might be able to time your application slightly better based on which schools are releasing IIs, but let’s be real: that MARGINALLY changes your chances. Your timing won’t change by months, which is the assumption for that argument. But in general, anxiously checking the II tracker every day or multiple times a day makes a lot of people neurotic, feel uncomfortable (hard to focus on other things in life), and sometimes unhappy when others are getting IIs. But it is almost addicting to keep checking, as I said before (similar concept to eating disorder).

Hopefully you can learn to be a bit more informed and understanding of a person from this. If not, good luck in med school. I’m just trying to advocate for other pre meds, not myself. I’m personally trying to avoid it

Last edited:

premedstudent145231

2+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2019
There's really no way to control that. I think looking for strings of IIs is fairly reliable along with school threads.
You're right about that. I will point out though that the Case Western IIs in the tracker are all fake, in case anyone is checking this thread for info like that.

premedstudent145231

2+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2019
I used it for something completely unnecessary- absolutely nothing would be different had I not checked it. Clearly you don’t understand how anxiety works.

Another example- someone with an eating disorder has anxiety about their body appearance, so they constantly track their body weight and other measurements every day, promoting a vicious cycle of anorexia and/or other destructive behaviors. They literally WANT to check their cals/weight/etc. It is caused by ANXIETY. And it is almost ADDICTING.

Just like the interview tracker. Anxious pre med students WANT to check it because it helps feed into their anxiety/fears about others getting interviews/whether or not they will also hear soon too. You’re living under the facade that it is helpful and informative. Do you honestly believe that? If you’re gonna get an interview, it will come. If not, it won’t. Sure, you might be able to time your application slightly better based on which schools are releasing IIs, but let’s be real: that MARGINALLY changes your chances. Your timing won’t change by months, which is the assumption for that argument.

Hopefully you can learn to be a bit more informed and understanding of a person from this. If not, good luck in med school.

But you did use it, after being bold enough to say that it does no good.

Your example would have been more biting if it was actually analogous to this situation, but I assume you couldn't make it analogous without it being painfully obvious how bad your argument is. I'm gonna do it for you: a person with fluctuating blood sugar levels lives in a house with a person with an eating disorder. They keep sweets in the fridge that help them get their blood sugar back up if it drops too low. The person with an eating disorder says they can't keep sweets in the house.

Obviously this is a more drastic than the interview tracker situation, but it's the example you brought up, not mine.

"You're living under the facade that it is helpful and informative." Well you just admitted that it is helpful and informative and used it for yourself, so I'm gonna call this an outright lie.

And then there's the classic SDN "good luck in med school if you don't agree with me" argument. Really classy.

Mar 2, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
But you did use it, after being bold enough to say that it does no good.

Your example would have been more biting if it was actually analogous to this situation, but I assume you couldn't make it analogous without it being painfully obvious how bad your argument is. I'm gonna do it for you: a person with fluctuating blood sugar levels lives in a house with a person with an eating disorder. They keep sweets in the fridge that help them get their blood sugar back up if it drops too low. The person with an eating disorder says they can't keep sweets in the house.

Obviously this is a more drastic than the interview tracker situation, but it's the example you brought up, not mine.

"You're living under the facade that it is helpful and informative." Well you just admitted that it is helpful and informative and used it for yourself, so I'm gonna call this an outright lie.

And then there's the classic SDN "good luck in med school if you don't agree with me" argument. Really classy.
Guess you’re too stubborn to take a moment to even think about being more considerate. Gotta just shoot it down immediately. Good luck!

premedstudent145231

2+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2019
Guess you’re too stubborn to take a moment to even think about being more considerate. Gotta just shoot it down immediately. Good luck!
Clearly I already devoted more time to this than a take like "What good could having more information do????? Information bad" deserves. Good luck to you as well!

14_karat

5+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
  2. Non-Student
With or without the II tracker, premeds are still incessantly checking their e-mails, application portals, and SDN school-specific threads for updates.

@TheDataKing - Is it possible to investigate and see who uploaded the most recent II reports and remove ones that seem fake? Some of the most recent ones were reported in extremely quick succession of each other. We're talking 1 minute differences.

About the Ads

TheDataKing

limeyguydr incognito
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
May 16, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
With or without the II tracker, premeds are still incessantly checking their e-mails, application portals, and SDN school-specific threads for updates.

@TheDataKing - Is it possible to investigate and see who uploaded the most recent II reports and remove ones that seem fake? Some of the most recent ones were reported in extremely quick succession of each other. We're talking 1 minute differences.
Some people post all of theirs back to back. I’ll check after my exam

Aug 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Still haven't gotten any IIs yet!! Is this normal? Considering it's the pandemic and everything??

May 25, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Neither have I :(

If you look at the Interview tracker without IIs you're going to have a bad time

My advice, only look at the tracker when you're logging your own II. Until then, relax and be relieved that the entire world hasn't blown up yet :)

airdiver

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Will an "Outcomes" tab be added? People are already getting R's, and A's will soon follow

TheDataKing

limeyguydr incognito
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
May 16, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Will an "Outcomes" tab be added? People are already getting R's, and A's will soon follow
Yup - there's already a way to add outcomes

Reactions: 1 user

airdiver

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Yup - there's already a way to add outcomes

Thanks! Can you please also provide the link to view schools' data from this outcome tracker?

About the Ads

gavam08

2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2019
I still can only fill out the form but can't view the outcome data, could someone provide the view link please?

May 26, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I think the MD tracker might have received too many responses, I'm getting an error that says the sheet won't automatically expand because 2 more rows need to be added @TheDataKing

Dec 3, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I notice a lot of people getting early II's have 524+ MCATs, but I see comparatively fewer 523s and 522s. I wonder if a lot of schools use 524 as the cutoff to define "ultra high stat" applicants that demand immediate attention. I wouldn't say that it is unreasonable, given that the AAMC's study into the predictive validity of the new MCAT features Step 1 score ranges for each individual MCAT score until 524, at which point 524-528 are grouped into one bucket (with, I might add, a much tighter range on Step 1 scores).

I am referring to the data on slide 27 of this file: https://www.aamc.org/system/files/c/1/493340-lsl2018validity.pdf
Isn't step one pass fail for our year anyways? Wouldn't the first time pass rate be the only useful metric in that case?

ChemEtoMD23

Oct 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
Isn't step one pass fail for our year anyways? Wouldn't the first time pass rate be the only useful metric in that case?
That would make sense, but there might be other incentives to admit students with high MCAT scores. Honestly not sure. We’ll have to wait and see the results of this cycle.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.