Official Interviews for 2007 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PittMedicine

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already got two: Virginia Commonwealth and Eastern Virginia Medical School (feels good to be a VA resident!)

:D

Members don't see this ad.

DUDE! I just sent in my VCU secondary Friday and haven't even gotten the OK to send EVMS... and I thought I was early. Oh well, great job and good luck. When are your interviews, btw?

Members don't see this ad :)
PittMedicine said:
I already got two: Virginia Commonwealth and Eastern Virginia Medical School (feels good to be a VA resident!)

Grats!

Eastern Virginia Medical School: PittMedicine
Virginia Commenwealth University:PittMedicine

Perfect. I know that Anastasis has an interview, too. I think it is UT Houston.

I think you'd actually be class of 2011.

Unless, of course, you can get it all done in one year...

:p

wow, you guys are on top of things! Congrats to everyone who has landed an interview this early!

UMich and OSU so far... haha the irony

I'm so madp....I have already sent in 10 secondaries and I am still waiting for my pre-health office to upload my letters to virtual evals.

I thought they were supposed to be on the ball?

Ugh....so frustrating.

Well this is depressing. I'm still waiting for my AMCAS to be verified.

Members don't see this ad :)
thewarehouse said:
UMich and OSU so far... haha the irony

Was OSU invite snail mail, email, or phone?

Let's keep a running list. School name goes in BOLD. If you could put how you were notified by the school, that would be great (phone/email/snail mail)...

Ohio State University :thewarehouse
University of Michigan :thewarehouse
Virginia Commonwealth University:PittMedicine

:clap:

PittMedicine said:

if you're a VA resident and live in CA, why is your username PittMedicine?

Congrats to all with interviews! :D

University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis (email then snail mail)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis (email then snail mail)

MiesVanDerMom said:
if you're a VA resident and live in CA, why is your username PittMedicine?
I used to live in Pittsburgh until two years ago...I'm not even applying to Pitt. I live in a small town near Damascus.

Congratulations interviewees! I am getting more anxious about those LOR's being in and put in my file. GRR!! Come on file complete!

Thewarehouse, was the OSU interview automatic, or did they review your file already?

booswim542 said:
I'm so madp....I have already sent in 10 secondaries and I am still waiting for my pre-health office to upload my letters to virtual evals.

I thought they were supposed to be on the ball?

Ugh....so frustrating.

same here :( ... lol

University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis (email then snail mail)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email)

I've been invited for an interview at OSU as well! I rec'd the invite on Friday, July 14 and the interview is in September.

wow this is freakin amazing. i did not think we could get interview invites until september the earliest unless we were ED. damn good job yall.

University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker (email then snail mail)

You people suck. Stress-O-meter is off the chart now :)
I am complete at OSU too.... let the waiting begin

Ohio State University :thewarehouse, DoubleU
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker (email then snail mail)
University of North Texas: snowkhat

University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, runningmom (email then snail mail)

Congratulations, runningmom!! I am so excited for you! See, after that LOOOOONG AMCAS wait, you got what's yours! :clap:

Narc- I got an email on Friday that said "The status of your application to the College of Medicine and The Ohio State University has recently changed." I logged in and the interview invite was posted on the status page.

hlchess- They had my secondary, and the file was complete except for my letters of rec. I was checking pretty regularly to see when they posted my letters of rec and it looks like the interview invite was sent out as soon as they got them. Either it was automatic based on scores and they were just waiting for a complete file or they looked my secondary essays even though my app wasn't complete yet- I have no way of knowing for sure.

good luck everyone!! I'm sure that you all will make this list grow pretty fast!

on future posts could we get dates? the date the interview was granted, and the date complete if handy would make the list more informative.

thewarehouse said:
Narc- I got an email on Friday that said "The status of your application to the College of Medicine and The Ohio State University has recently changed." I logged in and the interview invite was posted on the status page.

Thank you Sir for that info.
I agree, dates the file was complete, and date granted (snail/email) would be great :thumbup:

musiclink213 said:
Well this is depressing. I'm still waiting for my AMCAS to be verified.

haha same.. :smuggrin:

MasterMD said:
haha same.. :smuggrin:

I think I have already said this to you.....but GOD DAMN your list of schools is long. I thought mine was stupid long....but Jesus......do you have no life? :)

narc said:
I think I have already said this to you.....but GOD DAMN your list of schools is long. I thought mine was stupid long....but Jesus......do you have no life? :)

hahaha i'm going to cut them as i go... and if i get accepted ANYWHERE im cutting almost everything except CA schools.... i have a plan! now... to be VERIFIED.. crossing my fingers for tomorrow...

thewarehouse said:

hlchess- They had my secondary, and the file was complete except for my letters of rec. I was checking pretty regularly to see when they posted my letters of rec and it looks like the interview invite was sent out as soon as they got them. Either it was automatic based on scores and they were just waiting for a complete file or they looked my secondary essays even though my app wasn't complete yet- I have no way of knowing for sure.

good luck everyone!! I'm sure that you all will make this list grow pretty fast!

Thanks. I just checked my application status, and it says they are still waiting for my secondary application. I had already submitted that on Thursday, and they sent me an email confirming it. Is something wrong, or do they take a while to process it?

hlchess said:
Thanks. I just checked my application status, and it says they are still waiting for my secondary application. I had already submitted that on Thursday, and they sent me an email confirming it. Is something wrong, or do they take a while to process it?

It takes a little while to process it. I submitted mine on 7/1 and it was updated as received on the website on 7/6.

University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, runningmom, jota_jota (email then snail mail)

PittMedicine said:

When did you submit your secondaries? I sent in all my VA secondaries on Friday and am just wondering about how long VCU and EVMS took to schedule.

Anyone whose file is complete at UVa: When you got the e-mail, was it a year off? As in... "Dear 2006 applicant..." and "If you plan on taking the August 2005 MCAT." Please relieve my paranoia... :oops:

jota_jota said:
University of North Texas, TCOM: snowkhat, lilTXcatMD
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, runningmom, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD (email then snail mail)

Adding to UTMB and TCOM

University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis (email then snail mail), Dancer75088
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, runningmom (email then snail mail), Dancer75088
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email)[/QUOTE]

University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis (email then snail mail), Dancer75088
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, runningmom (email then snail mail), Dancer75088
Virginia Commonwealth University:pittMedicine
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email) Flare (e-mail)

I was so surprised; they did not receive my letters of recommendation yet :eek:

Sorry for making everyone jump (I wish).

Just wanted to bump it.

should we start an official rejection thread too? seems like there's an official everything else thread!

I have gotten interviews at TCOM, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M

Robizzle said:
should we start an official rejection thread too? seems like there's an official everything else thread!

I recommend going with the Wall of Fame/Shame/Lame format that we used last year for acceptances/rejections/waitlists. :)

Also, if you guys are anything like we were, your lists are going eventually going to exceed the character limits per post. Contact a mod at that point and we will break them up for you into alphabetic sections.

Best of luck everybody and remember that it is still ridiculously early! I was as early as possible last year, and I still got my first interview invite in August and my last interview invite on February 1st. There is still lots and lots and lots of time in the season.

:luck: :luck: :luck:

i have umich

Those getting UPitt interviews: are your numbers really high? I know Pitt did automatic pre-sec interview invites in the past based on MCAT/GPA. Anyone willing to share anything?