Official Interviews for 2007 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like a lot of people are needlessly stressing out. Most of the interview invites are for dates that are 5 to 6 weeks out. I'm sure they going to slowly fill those interview dates over the next month or so as more applications are completed. I know people last year that didn't have their secondaries done until the middle of August and still got early September interviews (especially if you live in Illinois, I'm an illinois resident). I wouldn't be surprised if someone who submitted on 7/15 and another who submitted on 8/15 got the same interview date. My only suggestion (if you haven't done this already) is make sure that your letters are ready to go the instant you get your primary application verified and sent.

Members don't see this ad.

This thread is like a train wreck. I want to look away, but I can't.

I got an email invitation for UPitt this morning when I woke up!! And my LOR aren't even in yet, which I thought meant no review, but I guess not!!!

Its my first invite and I am STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
kiwibasket said:
I got an email invitation for UPitt this morning when I woke up!! And my LOR aren't even in yet, which I thought meant no review, but I guess not!!!

Its my first invite and I am STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats! now add your name to our ongoing list

zach1201 said:
This thread is like a train wreck. I want to look away, but I can't.

i kind of wish i could burn this thread down. or pitt. one or the other.

Erina said:
congrats! now add your name to our ongoing list

I'm terrible at this thing, how do you do that? It won't seem to let me copy formatting.

Interview Invites:
Eastern Virginia Medical School: PittMedicine
George Washington: Allerian1004
Ohio State University :thewarehouse, DoubleU, Erina
Texas A&M: Falco2525
Texas Tech: Falco2525
University of Chicago (Pritzker) : LuMD2011, sintheta
University of Michigan :thewarehouse, topdogg82
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle
Virginia Commonwealth University:PittMedicine

Update

Interview Invites:
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail)

MasterMD said:
hahaha i'm going to cut them as i go... and if i get accepted ANYWHERE im cutting almost everything except CA schools.... i have a plan! now... to be VERIFIED.. crossing my fingers for tomorrow...

geeez, just curious but how much did applying to all those schools cost!?

Allerian1004 said:
First interview at George Washington U in September :) I'm a MN resident.
Hey! Did they need your LOR's before interview invite?

Interview Invites:
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc

hey allerian, just curious what your stats were? congrats on the GW interview!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! (yeah I know - just made you jump because you thought more invites came out)
I just found out that Discover doubles your cashback if you change it to a certificate for Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Thought that might be useful for those of you looking to rent a car for an interview.

Interview Invites:
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc

MiesVanDerMom said:
i kind of wish i could burn this thread down. or pitt. one or the other.

Everytime I look at this thread I die a little on the inside

MrMet31 said:
Everytime I look at this thread I die a little on the inside

Don't let it get you down, it's beyond early....these are basically the very first interviews.

Don't get bummed until December :)

Interview Invites:
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21)

Man, I am so friggin stoked. I don't mean to bum anyone out -- I really don't -- but I am so :clap: :thumbup: right now because I ain't got NOTHING last time I applied. At least I get to travel around and see some stuff this cycle.

Severus said:
Man, I am so friggin stoked. I don't mean to bum anyone out -- I really don't -- but I am so :clap: :thumbup: right now because I ain't got NOTHING last time I applied. At least I get to travel around and see some stuff this cycle.

Don't apologize! Those of us without interviews can stand to hear about other people's invites -- especially since it's July, maybe we'll be hating on you in October. :smuggrin:

Seriously, congrats to everybody on the list! And to everybody else: it's not late enough to despair yet! Our day's coming... :)

Pemberley said:
Don't apologize! Those of us without interviews can stand to hear about other people's invites -- especially since it's July, maybe we'll be hating on you in October. :smuggrin:

Seriously, congrats to everybody on the list! And to everybody else: it's not late enough to despair yet! Our day's coming... :)
Pemb - I'm pissed for you. I just got all excited because I thought you had gotten an interview. I'm going to knock some heads - then maybe they'll show some non-trad love.

Pemberley said:

Alright, no apologies... yet. They need to interview you, though. Your MCAT kicks ass..and c'mon... anything 3.0+ from CalTech is golden.

BTW, me love your screen name and your undergrad long time. :love:

Pemb - I wouldn't worry. You will def get interviews. I still don't know what got me mine exactly, maybe living around the world, but I have a 26 MCAT and only a 3.64 overall.

Ana - It's awesome we have UTMB on the same day. Are you going to the mixer the night before (maybe we'll meet) and are you staying with a student?

And everyone that's starting to worry.... think of it this way.... at least it's taking a while and it's not an immediate response. Maybe since it's taking a while they are actually looking over the entire application and NOT just at the numbers.

WannaDoc said:
Pemb - I wouldn't worry. You will def get interviews.

Thanks! Just fill up the interview feedback with helpful tips, and then the rest of us can cruise through in your wake. :cool:

WannaDoc said:
Pemb - I wouldn't worry. You will def get interviews. I still don't know what got me mine exactly, maybe living around the world, but I have a 26 MCAT and only a 3.64 overall.

Ana - It's awesome we have UTMB on the same day. Are you going to the mixer the night before (maybe we'll meet) and are you staying with a student?

And everyone that's starting to worry.... think of it this way.... at least it's taking a while and it's not an immediate response. Maybe since it's taking a while they are actually looking over the entire application and NOT just at the numbers.
I have friends that live on the South side of Houston - I was trying to decide if I should stay with them or try to hit up a frat to stay with. I think I will go to the mixer though. I'll PM you a link to my myspace so you will kinda know what I look like.

Are the people who are getting interviews complete at the places they're getting them from? At our school, the premed committee won't send out the letter until the beginning of September at the earliest!

Gabujabu said:
Are the people who are getting interviews complete at the places they're getting them from? At our school, the premed committee won't send out the letter until the beginning of September at the earliest!
that suks for you, your at a big disadvantage

U should sue your school

:scared:

Interview Invites:
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus)

I'm right there with you Severus! I submitted my secondary yesterday afternoon, and I received the e-mail for the interview invite this morning!

For those of you that are asking, my file is not yet complete...none of the schools have received my LORs yet.

PittMedicine said:

U should sue your school

:laugh: it does suck a lot, but you can't sue over it.

mmmkay121 said:
:laugh: it does suck a lot, but you can't sue over it.
for that guy, it could absolutely be the difference between an acceptance with many interviews versus rejections at all places eventually!!!!!!
:idea:

that means it sucks for that guy (or gal), whatever

[thread derail]

Hey, I was looking over the Pitt PSTP stuff and wondering if anyone has heard anything about it or is considering applying for it. I knew they had the CSTP, but how competitive do you think the PSTP thing is? I haven't had the time to read through their site much, but will this application process affect our regular admissions at all?

Decisions... decisions... [/thread derail]

Gabujabu said:

You have a ridiculous premed committee at your school...I would complain vehemently. That very well could make the difference between an acceptance and a rejection at some schools.

Edit: I just realized that this had been said already...sorry for the repeat..

Holy Shnikes! I was verified on July 17 and I just got my first interview invite! This will be fun... I've never been to michigan before. Wheee

Fuju,
For some reason I can't open MDapps links and I am really interested in Michigan. Just out of curiosity, what are your stats like?

booswim542 said:
Fuju,
For some reason I can't open MDapps links and I am really interested in Michigan. Just out of curiosity, what are your stats like?

My amcas gpa was 8.4, and I got a 37R. Good luck!

Hmm, dunno. My school claims that Sept 1 is still early and the statistics from my school indicate that people do well in the process.

So I'm wondering, is that really late, is SDN just a bit neurotic, or maybe both. :D

PittMedicine said:
for that guy, it could absolutely be the difference between an acceptance with many interviews versus rejections at all places eventually!!!!!!
:idea:

that means it sucks for that guy (or gal), whatever

PittMedicine said:

U should sue your school

Dude, that is horrible. You should call the schools you're applying to and let them know this is your school's policy...rolling admissions man!

EDIT: I think it's mostly that if we're on this website...we're gunners.

FujiApple said:
My amcas gpa was 8.4 :eek: , and I got a 37R. Good luck!

Crikey! No wonder you got an interview invite so fast! :smuggrin:

Hey, why didn't you update the list? :p

danjo said:
Crikey! No wonder you got an interview invite so fast! :smuggrin:

Hey, why didn't you update the list? :p

Whoops, that was supposed to be 3.84
I was too excited to type straight :)

LuMD2011 said:
My entire file was complete for about 2 days before they emailed my invite to interview.

Did pritzker email you to let you know that your file was complete?

leahmaria said:
Did pritzker email you to let you know that your file was complete?

yeah they sent out an email

Interview Invites:
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus)

Does UMich screen? I haven't gotten their secondary yet.

Interview Invites:

Wait, so you DIDN'T get the interviews? Or they somehow got taken away? What happened?? :confused:

Pitt, you have just relieved so much paranoia within the VA school circuit. What a champ :thumbup:

Wow what an ass!
You sure your other name isn't Dr. Eugenic.
If I was a Mod your a$$ would be grass.

I kind of feel the same way but I think it takes a lot of balls to start a thread based on a lie, and then admit that you were lying a few days later. :eek: It was the wrong thing to do, but the OP righted the wrong.

EDIT: ...and there is something we can all respect about that. :thumbup:

So the OP started this thread as a joke but then saw it snowball into a real one that caused much real anguish in others and then finally came clean because of the guilt gnawing at his insides? Perhaps he can use this as his Pittsburgh moral dilemma essay.

Still, I second that it's good he decide to come clean.

If you want, we could start a new thread:
"Wall of Fame: Interviews and Acceptances 2007"
Or something like that.

I think the kids with the interviews already should decide what to do.
If you want to make a new thread, we can link to it in our Secondaries Out and AMCAS Verification Threads.