Official July 11th score release countdown thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone who has gotten their score and passed or not gotten their score tried to apply for step 1 again through the nbme site? If so, is it letting you go through?

Last edited:
has anyone who has gotten their score and passed or not gotten their score tried to apply for step 1 again through the nbme site? If so, is it letting you go through?

My wife hasn't gotten hers, and it's letting her go through; you?

Members don't see this ad :)
My wife hasn't gotten hers, and it's letting her go through; you?

yea its letting me go through as well...i'm freaking out!!!!....but i read that someone tried a similar thing when checking for step 2 scores, and it let them go through when they tried applying for step 2 again and they ended up passing.

Can someone who has passed please see if when they click on "apply for step 1" it lets them go through or now?

yea its letting me go through as well...i'm freaking out!!!!....but i read that someone tried a similar thing when checking for step 2 scores, and it let them go through when they tried applying for step 2 again and they ended up passing.

Can someone who has passed please see if when they click on "apply for step 1" it lets them go through or now?

relax it is letting me go through and I know i passed. It does not mean you failed

I'm usually not the voice of reason in situations like this but.... let's all take a deep breath. You will have your score very soon. If you have passed your 2nd year classes, it's highly doubtful you failed.

Members don't see this ad :)
A fourth year just told me that anybody who posts about getting their scores before 11am is almost certainly lying as he has never known anyone who has legit got theirs before 11 and called and asked and was told that 11 is the official release time. Can anyone confirm that? Plus there's no way I believe that some dude got his score at 8am and is the only one who did and also happens o have gotten a 260 and has his id # Blacked out. That looks like a simple copy/paste job to me. I don't buy it for one second.

I'm sure that 4th year is very intelligent and likely super handsome too, not that he's into dudes... Just saying.

P.s. not even close to what I said, but the spirit of it was right ;) I've only ever seen step 1 released within 30 minutes of 11EST

You guys have any idea what the 2 digit score correlates to? For the longest time I thought that pretty much anyone with a score greater than about 240 got a 99 for the two digit score and certainly not lower than a 93/94

My UWSAs said 260-265, NBME said 255. I was preparing myself for those to overestimate, but I got a 262/89.

F*ck yeah!

You guys have any idea what the 2 digit score correlates to? For the longest time I thought that pretty much anyone with a score greater than about 240 got a 99 for the two digit score and certainly not lower than a 93/94

Nvm, did a little bit of searching and got my answer

Still haven't gotten an email. How are y'all checking your scores?

Nicely done! congrats

Why is 260 only an 89?

Wicked score nonetheless. Congrats to you and to everyone else. I've been reading a lot of step one forums lately. But it seems like most people get above 250 on these forums...what's the deal with that?

Damn congrats on the score, your having a good week.:thumbup:

This made me LOL bc this week I actually found out that my mom has breast cancer. But hey, without those two board scores it would have been even worse! I genuinely thank you for that laugh, I needed it.

(Don't feel bad, I don't want to derail the thread, we'll be ok, **** happens, yadda yadda)

This made me LOL bc this week I actually found out that my mom has breast cancer. But hey, without those two board scores it would have been even worse! I genuinely thank you for that laugh, I needed it.

(Don't feel bad, I don't want to derail the thread, we'll be ok, **** happens, yadda yadda)

Sorry about this illegally smooth :(. I was just about to go on a rant about how you owned those two board exams and made them your b*!$%^

Man, so basically when NBME says scores are coming for "late June" they actually mean "mid June"

I got 256.The exact average of NBME 11 ,12 ,13. Does anybody know what percentile it is?

Based on my calculations (which may be wrong), if 224 is the mean and 22 is the SD, and assuming a bell curve...
84% should be at 246
97.5% should be at 268

So 256 would lie somewhere in between there, prob a little closer to 97% than to 84%. I don't have the stats know-how to take it any farther than that.

Anyone else having an impossible time getting on? I cant even login to my home page let alone click the link to get the score! Ugh! Gonna be pissed if i have to work a whole shift before i get my score

Based on my calculations (which may be wrong), if 224 is the mean and 22 is the SD, and assuming a bell curve...
84% should be at 246
97.5% should be at 268

So 256 would lie somewhere in between there, prob a little closer to 97% than to 84%. I don't have the stats know-how to take it any farther than that.

But it probably isn't a normal distribution. There is probably skewing going on.

Since the NBME doesn't publish the data, it is virtually impossible to estimate an accurate percentile. And that's what they want -- they did away with percentiles for a reason.

But it probably isn't a normal distribution. There is probably skewing going on.

Since the NBME doesn't publish the data, it is virtually impossible to estimate an accurate percentile. And that's what they want -- they did away with percentiles for a reason.

Yeah. But we're still curious lol.

Why is 260 only an 89?

Wicked score nonetheless. Congrats to you and to everyone else. I've been reading a lot of step one forums lately. But it seems like most people get above 250 on these forums...what's the deal with that?
The demographic here is definitely not representative of that of the whole test taking pool. There are far more 'gunner' types here and people who are more proactive in utilizing resources such as this forum. Also think of this as a thread about penis size; guys with a large penis are far far more likely to post their measurement versus someone with average or small penis.

The demographic here is definitely not representative of that of the whole test taking pool. There are far more 'gunner' types here. Also think of this as a thread about penis size; guys with a large penis are far far more likely to post their measurement versus someone with average or small penis.

Gotcha.

Ps I like the comparison ;)

Ugh, I know I passed cause my school sent out emails this morning to those who failed, but I can't bring myself to open that damn report.

Ugh, I know I passed cause my school sent out emails this morning to those who failed, but I can't bring myself to open that damn report.

It isn't like you can change it by waiting... I never understood why people are afraid to look at grades/scores on tests

For those of you who have already gotten scores....did any of you take the exam on 06/23 or after??

Why is 260 only an 89?

The ego curve that sdn carries. I believe some but not all.