Official July 2017 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NarutoMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I couldn't find a July 2017 MCAT thread so I wanted to make one for everyone who is going to take it to chime in. Feel free to post comments, advice, tips, questions, or any concerns you may have. Us Julyers (if that is even a word) need to stick together. Happy studying and good luck all!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
OMG exact same as my AAMC FL#1 score, different distribution.
Hope everyone is happy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I still can't believe it. 514. 6 points from my FL scores, and a vast improvement from 502 in September last year.

Reactions: 3 users
Man @NarutoMD and @danae39 you guys murdered it, I was totally happy with my little 511. Really weird distribution though, my CARS was down two points, CP up two points, BB down one, P/S up one. Not sure how that happened! haha who cares its over. Whew!

Reactions: 1 user
@rabbott1971 thank you! That is a great score, you should be proud! My distribution was weird too. I expected to do way better in BB, but actually hit 132 in PS. And pretty average BB compared to my FL scores. It was kind of all over the board.

Daaaaang!!! 132 wow, do you have a background in psych? I was hoping my CARS would be 131 (FL#1 score) or maybe even 132, but it was 129. Also my BB was my worst, 125, and 54%. But overall like you said, 511 is top 15% so I am pretty pumped, especially with how smart the MCAT test-takers are. But it would be cool to have one section with the perfect score! haha good job.

Daaaaang!!! 132 wow, do you have a background in psych? I was hoping my CARS would be 131 (FL#1 score) or maybe even 132, but it was 129. Also my BB was my worst, 125, and 54%. But overall like you said, 511 is top 15% so I am pretty pumped, especially with how smart the MCAT test-takers are. But it would be cool to have one section with the perfect score! haha good job.

I took quite a few psych and sociology courses in undergrad, but not enough for a minor. Not actually sure how P/S happened tbh, I thought it was my hardest section by far. I had been scoring 128-129 in BB but ended up with 127. My only goal was to get a 130 in CARS, but I stayed at 129 too. I am just so glad it is over!

I am just so glad it is over!
Same here!!!! Such a relief. I was nervous getting my score! I clicked "view your scores" and got up out of my chair without looking. Walked across the room, and psyched myself up to see the score. Walked back toward the computer without looking. Kind of side-eyed at the screen. Saw the bands but couldn't read the score. Sort of flicked my eye at the bottom and saw the number. Then finally relaxed and looked at it. It was pretty pathetic.

Same here!!!! Such a relief. I was nervous getting my score! I clicked "view your scores" and got up out of my chair without looking. Walked across the room, and psyched myself up to see the score. Walked back toward the computer without looking. Kind of side-eyed at the screen. Saw the bands but couldn't read the score. Sort of flicked my eye at the bottom and saw the number. Then finally relaxed and looked at it. It was pretty pathetic.
LOOL, this sounds like something I'd do, hilarious. Thank you for sharing.