**Official: July 25, 2013 MCAT**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guess we should go ahead and start this up!

T-minus: 110 days...

Happy studying, my fellow hopeless souls.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm registered for the July 26 and been hanging out with the June 20th group.

Hope everyone's studying is going well! :)

I'll be sure to give you the "IT'S OVER AND I'M ALIVE! YOU CAN BE ALIVE, TOO!" speech :)

Members don't see this ad :)
just registered for this test date. didnt get what i was hoping for on april 4th so this will be my retake. hopefully we can help each other along the way.

study hard!

Registered for this date too! I wanted july 2nd but it was full :-( ...

I took AAMC practices 3 and 7 so far:

3: got a 32 10PS/12VR/10BS
7: got a 33 10PS/12VR/11BS

Any tips on how to improve PS? I've only studied the chem book so far, not the physics... should get better now that I've covered optics in my phys 2 class :)

But any ideas on what too focus on, best study methods, etc???

I'm so nervous!!!

51 days!!

I'm not applying until next cycle, so I am keeping September in the back of my mind as a back-up if my performance isn't up-to-snuff. But, I am trucking for the 25th!

Last edited:
Just checking myself into the group! Was originally set for a June 20th date but am not feeling as ready as I know I can be....

7ish weeks, let's do this!:thumbup:

Just checking myself into the group! Was originally set for a June 20th date but am not feeling as ready as I know I can be....

7ish weeks, let's do this!:thumbup:

lol did the same, changed my date last week. Averaging 30 right now and know the next 6 weeks will let me get into the 33-35 range

I just changed my date to July 25th. I'm kinda nervous about taking the test at the end of July, but I'm hoping that I will be able to get in the mid 30s in which case taking a later test date is worth it.

Hey y'all. I just got my may 11 score and have to retake... Looks like ill be joining y'all on the 25th! Good luck everyone!

Registered for this date too! I wanted july 2nd but it was full :-( ...

I took AAMC practices 3 and 7 so far:

3: got a 32 10PS/12VR/10BS
7: got a 33 10PS/12VR/11BS

Any tips on how to improve PS? I've only studied the chem book so far, not the physics... should get better now that I've covered optics in my phys 2 class :)

But any ideas on what too focus on, best study methods, etc???

I'm so nervous!!!

First off, those are really outstanding scores to be getting at this stage of the game. Kudos! Second, I'm currently using EK coupled with TBR. It seems to be working pretty okay for me. They both have practice MCATs based solely on subject matter. Third, how in the hell are you getting a 12 in verbal, I'm still scoring a 5,6,7,8. I can't break a 10 for the life of me! :(

First off, those are really outstanding scores to be getting at this stage of the game. Kudos! Second, I'm currently using EK coupled with TBR. It seems to be working pretty okay for me. They both have practice MCATs based solely on subject matter. Third, how in the hell are you getting a 12 in verbal, I'm still scoring a 5,6,7,8. I can't break a 10 for the life of me! :(

Thanks! Well its just intuition for me... I used to read tons and I feel like the verbal really plays to what I'm good at. I didn't practice or study or anything like that... sorry I don't really have an tips.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many hours/day does everyone plan on studying till the big day?

Hey everyone. I rescheduled to this date, planning to apply this cycle. Well, I have a research internship this summer. I probably spend about two hours each day correcting passages while at lab. Then when I get home probably 3 hours more. So that's about 5 a day. I need to be doing more but just don't have the time! :(

How many hours/day does everyone plan on studying till the big day?

I'm working and volunteering at the moment. I can really only get in about 2-3 hours/day on a weekday, and about 6-10 hours/day on the weekends.

hows everyones studying going so far?
im wrapping up content review here in a week or two. then hitting practice pass/prob like a mad man.

My review has been shaky, working on my VR alot. Will be reviewing and doing practice passages tomorrow. Sunday I will take the PS/BS section of a Kaplan exam.

hows everyones studying going so far?
im wrapping up content review here in a week or two. then hitting practice pass/prob like a mad man.

Guess we're on the same same schedule then. What are you gonna beusing for practice problems?

I signed up for this date as a failsafe in case my late-May score comes back bad (I had a super horrible experience at the testing center).

I'm applying this year and I honestly have no idea how I'll handle prepping for the test again while dealing with work and secondaries.

good luck to everyone!

Good-ish...

I'm a researcher and clinical educator for an orthopaedic biotech company. So, not only am I in the office/OR 40+ hours each week, but I also travel. It's a little unnerving to sink so much time into... you know... not studying...

(Pre-med anecdote: My recent research conference in Vegas was spent in my hotel room, wading through a variable sea of notes. Woo! City of Sin!)

I have just finished content review. As a result, this weekend's AAMC #4 was a 32. So I've got some work to do over the course of our rapidly-waning weeks.

I suppose that the plan, from this point forward, is to embark on passage exams and note review, at night, Monday-Friday; then take 2, timed, full-length exams every weekend (one Saturday, one Sunday).

How is everyone else's regimen panning out? There are, no doubt, countless paths to conquering this beast...

Last edited:
30 days left...
How are you guys doing on practices these days?
Got a 35 on AAMC 4 as my most recent. I have no idea how to study from here on out though!

How are you all doing?

Got a 32 on #4....but I took it really late in the day, after a nap, while it was raining. One of those, "Wait...what did I just read?" days.

4 weeks left!

You are doing great! 35 at this stage is definitely a confidence booster. I am scheduled too to fight this beast on July25th.

Hello guys,
I'm a long time lurker on sdn. I'm taking my test on July 2th too. I haven't gone over any AAMC test ( I will start them next week). However, I did TBR CBT and my confidence literally got shattered:mad:. Has anyone tried TBR CBTs? If yes, how did your score compare to your AAMC practice. I know there's a thread about score comparisons but I could hardly find any straightforward answers over there so I figured it'll be best to ask my fellow students who are taking the test on the same day as me

I haven't done a TBR full length yet, but from the passages I've done, they are much harder than AAMC. I took AAMC 4 the other day and got a 31. My verbal is stuck... 11/9/11

I haven't done a TBR full length yet, but from the passages I've done, they are much harder than AAMC. I took AAMC 4 the other day and got a 31. My verbal is stuck... 11/9/11

Get the AAMC guide. Honestly, the explanations in the VR section is by far the BEST I've ever seen. It teaches you how to think through the section. Btw, 31 is a good score at this point. We still have 4 weeks so you can definitely improve by at least 4pts as long as you are willing to sweat it out.
I will post my AAMC scores when I take them

How is everyone doing? Starting to get pretty nervous. Focusing hard right now on Bio review trying to hammer concepts I'm still weak on and cranking out verbal practice sections from EK 101.

Saving my last 2 AAMC FL for the upcoming weekends.

How is everyone doing? Starting to get pretty nervous. Focusing hard right now on Bio review trying to hammer concepts I'm still weak on and cranking out verbal practice sections from EK 101.

Saving my last 2 AAMC FL for the upcoming weekends.

I am not doing well. I am averaging 9 on VR (confident I can get this up to a 10, maybe even an 11)

But 7's on BS and PS :(

I would be totally pleased with a 30 and probably even would not retake a 28 because my GPA is very good and other parts of my app are on point. How do I bring up my sciences by 2/3 points? I have been reviewing all my AAMC practice tests, there just seems to be a disconnect somewhere.

I am not doing well. I am averaging 9 on VR (confident I can get this up to a 10, maybe even an 11)

But 7's on BS and PS :(

I would be totally pleased with a 30 and probably even would not retake a 28 because my GPA is very good and other parts of my app are on point. How do I bring up my sciences by 2/3 points? I have been reviewing all my AAMC practice tests, there just seems to be a disconnect somewhere.

I've been stagnant at around a 30 myself. I'm just trying to find ways to practice more, without using up my remaining full lengths on AAMC. The EK 101 in verbal has been a huge help, getting practice making sure I spend roughly 8 minutes a passage and simply being exposed to the styles of questions in general.

I am not sure what to tell you about improving the sciences.

Whats the study plan for the last 2 weeks? I'm thinking of doin 4 AAMC FLs and maybe brushing up on EK bio...

I got 38s on my last 2 FLs (AAMC 5 and 6)... these things better be a good indicator of something!!!

Last 2 weeks ideas anyone?

Seems like not a lot of people are taking it on July 25th.
what are you guys planning to do for next 2 weeks?
I'm just gonna re-take all AAMCs and do some TPR passages and some content review

Took AAMC 10 today and scored my best yet, especially proud of the 10 I received in PS which has been giving me pain since the dawn of time. I think I'm finally in a good place when it comes to this test. I have to be, I've already pushed the test back twice :p
Hoping to see if I can get it up to speed with my VR and BS scores in the next 11 days.

Took AAMC 10 today and scored my best yet, especially proud of the 10 I received in PS which has been giving me pain since the dawn of time. I think I'm finally in a good place when it comes to this test. I have to be, I've already pushed the test back twice :p
Hoping to see if I can get it up to speed with my VR and BS scores in the next 11 days.

Thats great! How did you do on VR/BS?

I feel like postponing but idk...I guess I'll never feel ready lol

Thats great! How did you do on VR/BS?

I feel like postponing but idk...I guess I'll never feel ready lol

10s on both. Just went over it, lots of dumb errors that kept me from doing better. Also my timing is still off with Verbal. There's always like one passage that takes me way longer than normal.

I have one more practice test left (AAMC 11), which I am holding off from doing until next Sunday. Although my verbal reasoning scores seem to be relatively consistent (10-12, with an average a little under an 11), I really hope I can pull of an 11 or 12 on the test.

Can someone help me... my PS scores are fluctuating like crazy:
aamc 4: PS: 10, VR: 8, BS: 10
aamc 5: PS: 13, VR: 9, BS: 12
aamc 7: PS: 13, VR: 11, BS: 12
aamc 8: PS: 9, VR: 10, BS: 13

Can someone help me... my PS scores are fluctuating like crazy:
aamc 4: PS: 10, VR: 8, BS: 10
aamc 5: PS: 13, VR: 9, BS: 12
aamc 7: PS: 13, VR: 11, BS: 12
aamc 8: PS: 9, VR: 10, BS: 13

5 is the easiest among the bunch and 8 is very hard.
It looks like your Bio & O-Chm are strong & that is why it is holding on.
It looks like your PS is the weakest among the three for you.

Last edited:
man this is coming up quick.. going to take my last two AAMC full lengths this weekend. Crunch time

AAMC 10 and 11 over the weekend and thats it for me.

How do you guys plan on spending the last week?

AAMC 10 and 11 over the weekend and thats it for me.

How do you guys plan on spending the last week?

Panic mode

Well I'm taking AAMC 9 and 11 this weekend and going over the last few things of physics that still cause me problems (mainly optics)

Gonna get my timing right on Verbal since that's the only thing that's keeping me from the 11+ range.

BS gonna brush on my renal physiology and stereochemistry (ugh stereochemistry)

Good luck everyone 9 more days :scared::luck::scared:

Hey Im taking this MCAT with you guys/girls and am averaging a 27/28 on my Aamcs need a 27 for my DO program. I have been taking the EK 101 passages test to supplement verbal. My scores are usually 9 10 9 .What would you suggest is the best thing to do for these last nine days?

I hope we all survive the test and get a well deserved break!:D