**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread 2.0**

Maybe we'll hear back this Friday...? Since last acceptances were given out 1/20 :eyebrow:

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe we'll hear back this Friday...? Since last acceptances were given out 1/20 :eyebrow:

Didn't you interview this Tuesday like me? I don't think we'll have that quick of a turnaround

Didn't you interview this Tuesday like me? I don't think we'll have that quick of a turnaround
Someone who interviewed on Tuesday heard back Friday of that same week! Just hoping I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get any emails from the school???

Nothing for me either. I guess not today either

When is their last batch of interviews?

Also, if it's any counsel to those waiting to hear back - they are interviewing the next batch on 2/15! So maybe they'll make their decisions once they've finished more interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, if it's any counsel to those waiting to hear back - they are interviewing the next batch on 2/15! So maybe they'll make their decisions once they've finished more interviews
I think that is very likely for sure.

When is their last batch of interviews?

I believe that the last batch of interviews will be either the week of 2/21 or the week of 2/28 but most likely 2/28

Last edited:
Anyone interviewing here with me on 2/15 want to meet up before for some coffee?

I have an interview on 2/28 so I think that's the last week!

Anybody who interviewed in November still waiting?

Does anyone know or have a link to details about the timing and stipend for the summer research thing? i got an email about applying but couldn't find when it is, how many hours per week, compensation, etc. on the website

Does anyone know or have a link to details about the timing and stipend for the summer research thing? i got an email about applying but couldn't find when it is, how many hours per week, compensation, etc. on the website

They're supposed to email you the application. The stipend is $4,500 and the program is May 30-August 4. No housing provided.

So are we doing that thing again where we cautiously hope that we hear back today

Reactions: 4 users
So are we doing that thing again where we cautiously hope that we hear back today
I've got my hopes up to hear back today since the deadline for deposits was Feb 15! Hopefully the next batch of acceptances go out today!

Reactions: 1 users
I've got my hopes up to hear back today since the deadline for deposits was Feb 15! Hopefully the next batch of acceptances go out today!
Where did you hear it was Feb 15? I thought the deadline was Feb 20.

Ugh so not this week either?
I don't know that they always send out acceptances corresponding to deposit due dates....most people don't wait until the deadline to pay or decline

Reactions: 2 users
Ugh so not this week either?
Not necessarily. If they are just waiting for each deposit group that seems kind of silly because last year and years past they usually give acceptances on a particular day each month, such as second week in Dec, middle of Jan, first week in Feb (which didn't happen this year for whatever reason). The general pattern I'm seeing though is every third Friday, which would be today. It's either that or they are truly waiting for the next group to send deposits. Who knows!

Do you think writing a letter of intent is a good idea?? It looks like a lot of people suggest writing a letter of intent when you are waitlisted (which I am not). It's been a little over a month since my interview. Should I give it a shot? Argggg it's so complicated because school has not been sending out anything since 1/20 decision dates.

Next week is licensing boards. I would write a letter of intent and send it if you do not get in next batch.

Rejected via snail mail w/o interview, dated 2/17. A secondary does not imply an interview. Oh well :/.

Do we have to do background check consent request? Any other way to go through this? The service website asks to pay 150 dollars...

Do we have to do background check consent request? Any other way to go through this? The service website asks to pay 150 dollars...

Background check?

Sorry...that's what i meant. Are we responsible for this and is this a requirement for all schools? Thanks

Um, to my knowledge we weren't requested to pay for background checks for UMB. Not sure exactly which school you're talking about in particular because it was never a requirement for this school if you have only submitted a supplemental and interviewed. Now for accepted students who matriculated I don't know but I'm sure @umbtoothfairy could give some input on the matter.

I'm not sure if all schools require background check but you should get an email from Certiphi or wherever if the school that accepted you requires one.

Happy Friday everyone! Is everyone ready for good news today? :D

Been refreshing my email a lot today but nothing as of yet :( sad cause I love this school so much but hang in there everyone!

:smack:Does anybody at all in the universe have an inkling of an idea of when we WILL hear back from Maryland? Anyone? And there's been no movement at all since January 20th? And the last interviews are next week? Why would they wait until the last week of interviews to determine and decide upon a month and a half's worth (plus some) of interviewed people?:sour:+pissed+
:boom::thinking::wtf: