**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread 2.0**

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HChoudhary1

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, let's start fresh with this thread and keep it helpful and informative!

I'm an in state resident, interviewed on 1/10 and was accepted during the last batch of invites on 1/20!

Willing to give insight on the interview day and anything else you all might have questions on!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aadsas website still says "invited for interview" and I interviewed 1/11. Is this normal??

Also just received a rejection email from VCU

Yup, perfectly normal. If there's any movement in your application, it'll change from that to whatever the outcome is ("Offer Made", "Wait Listed", or "Application Denied"). It might take a little bit for AADSAS to update even after you've already heard back so don't really pay attention to it too much
 
Yep that's normal! Pretty sure it will say that until a decision has been made on your file.
Yup, perfectly normal. If there's any movement in your application, it'll change from that to whatever the outcome is ("Offer Made", "Wait Listed", or "Application Denied"). It might take a little bit for AADSAS to update even after you've heard back
Thank you guys! Hopefully it changes to "offer made " this Friday!!
 
Hello was there anyone who received an interview/acceptance without fulffing their LOR requirement?

I had 2 chemistry letter instead of 1 bio/1chemistry and havent heard back from them after I submitted the supplement... 🙁
 
Hello was there anyone who received an interview/acceptance without fulffing their LOR requirement?

I had 2 chemistry letter instead of 1 bio/1chemistry and havent heard back from them after I submitted the supplement... 🙁


I got accepted! I had two letter from biology professors but I made sure to email them and explain my situation as to why I wasn't able to provide a letter from a chem professor. So if you have a valid reason I would recommend you email them asap. All the best.
 
I got accepted! I had two letter from biology professors but I made sure to email them and explain my situation as to why I wasn't able to provide a letter from a chem professor. So if you have a valid reason I would recommend you email them asap. All the best.

ohhhh okok! thank you and congrats 😀
 
ohhhh okok! thank you and congrats 😀
I got accepted! I had two letter from biology professors but I made sure to email them and explain my situation as to why I wasn't able to provide a letter from a chem professor. So if you have a valid reason I would recommend you email them asap. All the best.
I didn't do any of those and I had two biology LOR.. do you think it'll be an issue ??
 
Considering you were already invited for an interview, I would say it probably isn't a huge deal

Do they read the LOR before they interview you or after? I have been told both but I'm really not quite sure. Anyway, @dr.d00m is right. Once you've had the interview it probably wasn't an issue.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent two biology LORs and got an interview. I don't think they're too strict on the requirement
 
So quiet on here! I take that as no one else has heard from the admissions office today either?
 
Me too. I thought they would be sending out the news this Friday since they didnt last week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I have interview at Maryland tomorrow and I'm driving there. Could someone recommend a parking garage please? Also thanks for reviving the thread 😀
 
Hi everyone. I have interview at Maryland tomorrow and I'm driving there. Could someone recommend a parking garage please? Also thanks for reviving the thread 😀
I recommend using the garage that UMB SD recommended in the email!. Goodluck
 
just got invited for an interview but already put down my deposit at BU. anyone have any advice on whether or not i should go to the interview?
 
just got invited for an interview but already put down my deposit at BU. anyone have any advice on whether or not i should go to the interview?

If you were accepted to Maryland, would you be willing to forfeit your deposit at BU and go here instead? If so, YES go to your interview. You are going to be a dentist either way.
 
just got invited for an interview but already put down my deposit at BU. anyone have any advice on whether or not i should go to the interview?
I got acceptance email from BU while at Maryland interview haha :shrug:. I loved Maryland and would personally choose Maryland over BU if accepted. Go have a look!
 
Just once or do they make us pay deposits multiple times?
Their website states "For candidates who receive an offer of admission, a deposit of $1,000 must accompany the applicant's acceptance of the offer of admission. This sum will be credited toward the applicant's tuition and is non-refundable. An additional $1,000 deposit is due by April 1 to confirm intent to enroll."
 
There are 2 deposits. The first is $1000 and I belive the second for $1000 is due in March or April

Edit: I think it was $750 my year. This year is $1000
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah it's $1000 for your first deposit along with a signed commitment letter and your ID photo, and then another $1000 by April 1st!
 
just got invited for an interview but already put down my deposit at BU. anyone have any advice on whether or not i should go to the interview?

I second what @umbtoothfairy said. If you're okay with the idea of forfeiting a BU deposit in the event you receive a Maryland acceptance, go for it. If not, then you could cancel your interview. Completely up to you. Are you in state for BU?
 
Their website states "For candidates who receive an offer of admission, a deposit of $1,000 must accompany the applicant's acceptance of the offer of admission. This sum will be credited toward the applicant's tuition and is non-refundable. An additional $1,000 deposit is due by April 1 to confirm intent to enroll."
There are 2 deposits. The first is $1000 and I belive the second for $1000 is due in March or April

Edit: I think it was $750 my year. This year is $1000
Yeah it's $1000 for your first deposit along with a signed commitment letter and your ID photo, and then another $1000 by April 1st!

Thanks!! Still patiently waiting for the call...