Official Match Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon62781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the 2007 Official Match Thread!!

The DO Match is out-

Here goes!

I matched at St James Olympia Fields in Chicago

Wooo Hooo..... Da Bears!

Members don't see this ad.

this is a request by future applicants (currently a 3rd year) who will be applying into radiology in a few months...

could you guys please give us some info about urselves like school, Step 1, Step 2 (if taken), class rank.

Thanks, this would help

Step 1- 60's
Step 2- Taken, but no percentile score given... I passed, but that's all I know.

Class Rank- Middle of the Row

Had some great letters of recommendation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just for clarification, when you say 60s, do you mean percentile or the last two digits of you three digit score (i.e. 260s)?

Percentile... I'm a DO, and we mainly talk in percentiles when it comes to our boards. Hope that helps!

I'm a DO student as well, but I didn't get a percentile score on my COMLEX score report, just my 3 digit and a 2 digit score that said explicitly that it was not a percentile. Did you somehow calculate your percentile, or am I just missing something? Thanks

I'm a DO student as well, but I didn't get a percentile score on my COMLEX score report, just my 3 digit and a 2 digit score that said explicitly that it was not a percentile. Did you somehow calculate your percentile, or am I just missing something? Thanks

On my COMLEX I sheet, I have 3 digit, 2 digit, and percentile. On my COMLEX 2 sheet, I don't have a percentile. I don't know if they are abandoning the percentile to look more like the MD's, but I'm a MS4 and I definately have a percentile.

I think that they abandoned the percentile when the COMLEX became computerized.

Jon, I would like to hear any advice you have for DO wanting to match into the Osteopathic Radiology. You can PM me if you don't feel like posting:D

You are correct Willie B. I also had a percentile on 1, but not on 2.

As far as wanting to match in Osteopathic Rads.....

Everyone says rotate at the program and work your A** off! Also, interviewing is key. They need to like you, and you have to be comfortable in the interview.

As far as the numbers go, I am not the guy to ask. I'm definately outside the norm as what people think when they think Rads scores. That being said, I interviewed well (I think) and I would consider myself better than average at the view-box. That is your opportunity to really make your impact. If you want to be a radiologist, know the basics. Know the bones of the wrist. Know what a brain bleed looks like. Be able to say what section of the lung a consolidation is in.

Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. Hope this is somewhat helpful. If you have more specific questions, just post them!

I PM'ed you some time ago jon...I was wondering about St. James' program since I am from Chicago and would like to get back there...