• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

jon62781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
Tulsa
Status (Visible)
This is the 2007 Official Match Thread!!

The DO Match is out-

Here goes!

I matched at St James Olympia Fields in Chicago

Wooo Hooo..... Da Bears!

dpat81

yup
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
this is a request by future applicants (currently a 3rd year) who will be applying into radiology in a few months...

could you guys please give us some info about urselves like school, Step 1, Step 2 (if taken), class rank.

Thanks, this would help

jon62781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
Tulsa
Status (Visible)
Step 1- 60's
Step 2- Taken, but no percentile score given... I passed, but that's all I know.

Class Rank- Middle of the Row

Had some great letters of recommendation.

About the Ads

werewethere

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Just for clarification, when you say 60s, do you mean percentile or the last two digits of you three digit score (i.e. 260s)?

jon62781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
Tulsa
Status (Visible)
Percentile... I'm a DO, and we mainly talk in percentiles when it comes to our boards. Hope that helps!

AMack

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2005
Status (Visible)
I'm a DO student as well, but I didn't get a percentile score on my COMLEX score report, just my 3 digit and a 2 digit score that said explicitly that it was not a percentile. Did you somehow calculate your percentile, or am I just missing something? Thanks

jon62781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
Tulsa
Status (Visible)
I'm a DO student as well, but I didn't get a percentile score on my COMLEX score report, just my 3 digit and a 2 digit score that said explicitly that it was not a percentile. Did you somehow calculate your percentile, or am I just missing something? Thanks

On my COMLEX I sheet, I have 3 digit, 2 digit, and percentile. On my COMLEX 2 sheet, I don't have a percentile. I don't know if they are abandoning the percentile to look more like the MD's, but I'm a MS4 and I definately have a percentile.

Willie B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2003
Middle of Nowhere
Status (Visible)
I think that they abandoned the percentile when the COMLEX became computerized.

Jon, I would like to hear any advice you have for DO wanting to match into the Osteopathic Radiology. You can PM me if you don't feel like posting:D

jon62781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
Tulsa
Status (Visible)
As far as wanting to match in Osteopathic Rads.....

Everyone says rotate at the program and work your A** off! Also, interviewing is key. They need to like you, and you have to be comfortable in the interview.

As far as the numbers go, I am not the guy to ask. I'm definately outside the norm as what people think when they think Rads scores. That being said, I interviewed well (I think) and I would consider myself better than average at the view-box. That is your opportunity to really make your impact. If you want to be a radiologist, know the basics. Know the bones of the wrist. Know what a brain bleed looks like. Be able to say what section of the lung a consolidation is in.

Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. Hope this is somewhat helpful. If you have more specific questions, just post them!

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I PM'ed you some time ago jon...I was wondering about St. James' program since I am from Chicago and would like to get back there...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.