Official mcat self assessment advice

Started by RSum
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RSum

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, unfortunately I am one of those people that got destroyed by the surprising 7/6 Verbal and I signed up for a retake on 9/6. I am purchasing the "Official MCAT Self-Assessment Package" and I wanted to ask for those of you that have purchased the whole thing, how would you suggest I split this up effectively? Also, if I have AAMC 6, should I not take this if I get the self assessment package?
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone, unfortunately I am one of those people that got destroyed by the surprising 7/6 Verbal and I signed up for a retake in a couple weeks. I was considering purchasing the "Official MCAT Self-Assessment Package" and I wanted to ask for those of you that have taken it, should I purchase it and also how should I split it up effectively if I buy one section or the whole thing? 😕 Please let me know and thanks for the help!

I didn't buy the whole thing. I bought the verbal and BS, because I was already strong at PS. However, for me, it was the BEST MCAT prep investment I made. The verbal passages are very much like the real thing. I retook my verbal (8) and after doing this assessment I got a 10 on the retake. However, I gotta admit, that I was also lucky, because the verbal on the retake had topics I loved..haha....but yeah, if you can afford it, I think the assessment is even better than any of the AAMCs.
 
I didn't buy the whole thing. I bought the verbal and BS, because I was already strong at PS. However, for me, it was the BEST MCAT prep investment I made. The verbal passages are very much like the real thing. I retook my verbal (8) and after doing this assessment I got a 10 on the retake. However, I gotta admit, that I was also lucky, because the verbal on the retake had topics I loved..haha....but yeah, if you can afford it, I think the assessment is even better than any of the AAMCs.

Thanks so much! I think I want to buy the whole thing since it will only help rather than harm. Anyways, how do you think I should split it up and review if I do purchase the whole thing?
 
For verbal, I'd just do 3 passages per day.
You can do the same with the others...but I bought the BS with a week left in my MCAT preparation, so I did them in one sitting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad