Official MCW Class of 2009 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Make that three...I was a little worried about that too. It sounds like the only dress-up event is the White Coat Ceremony on Friday.

Man, am I excited for Monday! While I am thoroughly looking forward to orientation, I am thoroughly nervous about classes starting the week afterward.

Hopefully I will see some of you at the picnic tomorrow. I can't stay the whole time, but I would like to show up for an hour or two.

Members don't see this ad.

Some people will be wearing suits on Monday, probably because they're confused, but otherwise wear whatever your hearts desire.

I'll see you all Monday! We (orientation committee/panelists) get introduced before the breakout sessions, so come find me. It's always nice to put a face to a name.

Anyone planning on going to the fish fry tonight, I guess we just show up at the car pool location?

I too moved in on the 1st and have been bumming around waiting for Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
YzIa said:
Anyone planning on going to the fish fry tonight, I guess we just show up at the car pool location?

I too moved in on the 1st and have been bumming around waiting for Monday.

I will be going to the fish fry

I live by the brewery where the fish fry is being held tonight. If anyone wants to meet up, PM me or just post here.

Hi guys! I'll be going to the fish fry tonight too. I went to Lucille's last night. It was pretty good, but you couldn't really talk to people cuz it was loud. But a good time. Met some people. Some of them are coming again tonight too. Otherwise, my time is pretty full with unpacking still. And going to Target.

Well, if anyone else was there last night, I was the girl in the orange shirt with curly hair. :)

WHEEEEEE!!!!

Anybody else having a good time? Orientation is boring but meeting people is great!

Agent Splat said:
WHEEEEEE!!!!

Anybody else having a good time? Orientation is boring but meeting people is great!

Yeah, it's been great to put some faces to the names on the contact list. If you haven't met all of us yet, we're around!

Congrats to Code Brown on being selected the Co-op president!

Andy15430 said:
Yeah, it's been great to put some faces to the names on the contact list. If you haven't met all of us yet, we're around!

I'm the loud one! Say hi!

And yes, Congrats to Code Brown.

Agent Splat said:
I'm the loud one! Say hi!

And yes, Congrats to Code Brown.

I would like to say congrats too!!! I'm the quieter one, say hi to me as well. Alhtough once I get to know people I'm a bit more talkative. If you guys weren't at the Chancery last night, it was a blast!!! Pitchers of beer and a good price and people trying to sing was hilarious.

Agent Splat said:
I'm the loud one!

I might be able to give you a run for your money on that one.

By the way, if anyone's parents, spouses, or significant others are coming to the orientation on Friday, be sure to have them come find me too (although some of you were a little skittish until Andy came and bossed you into finding me). I'm happy to share my massive levels of experience (aka one year of this) with them.

Xandie

Just checking in with y'all. I haven't met with anyone from the contact list yet, although I chatted with Xandie a little bit at the organization fair. Did anyone else from here go to the Chancery last night? If so, you might have seen me...I was the tall guy embarrassing himself by singing "Sweet Caroline" and blathering about his wedding on Saturday to everyone in sight. All in all, I had a fantastic time. Hope the whole class can have outings like that on a regular basis!

Andy15430 said:

I wouldn't congratulate him too fast...that job can really suck if you have a few of the wrong personalities in your class (and with 200 people, you probably do). It is a great way to meet people, though.

Glad to hear y'all are having a good time. Enjoy the white coat and the weekend. It's all over after that (it's not, really--I just wanted to be dramatic). Take care.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! Chancery was definitely awesome. Good times had by all. Not enough sleep last night though...closed 'er down.

Once again congrats to Code Brown...remember...I do not want do be a writer ;) When do we find that out anyway?

So I've met a bunch of guys from the contact list, but none of the girls. I know there weren't many, but I know I'm not the only one!

Anyone else not happy about tests the day after Labor day? :mad:

akpete said:
hey guys! Chancery was definitely awesome. Good times had by all. Not enough sleep last night though...closed 'er down.

Once again congrats to Code Brown...remember...I do not want do be a writer ;) When do we find that out anyway?

So I've met a bunch of guys from the contact list, but none of the girls. I know there weren't many, but I know I'm not the only one!

Anyone else not happy about tests the day after Labor day? :mad:

Have you checked your MCW e-mail yet? Code Brown sent one to all of the people he picked to be distributors, asking them to reply ASAP if they are still interested. If I'm not mistaken, your name was on that list, April.

Does anyone know what our MCW I.D. numbers are? (There are a bunch of numbers on the back of our I.D. card, but I'm not sure what is what.) I need it to get a student discount on a laptop. Would we just use our aamc number?

Thanks.

Hey y'all! I am having people over to pre-party in downtown tonight. Anyone can come. PM me for directions. :D

Andy15430 said:
Have you checked your MCW e-mail yet? Code Brown sent one to all of the people he picked to be distributors, asking them to reply ASAP if they are still interested. If I'm not mistaken, your name was on that list, April.

Thanks Andy, I hadn't checked that yet. :)

monopolova said:
Does anyone know what our MCW I.D. numbers are? (There are a bunch of numbers on the back of our I.D. card, but I'm not sure what is what.) I need it to get a student discount on a laptop. Would we just use our aamc number?

Thanks.

The ID# you use for exams is a 5 digit number that, as far as I can tell, is fairly random (ie. not obviously related to Bday, SSN, etc). You should be able to get it from academic affairs. Otherwise, you could probably just use your SSN for the laptop discount, as I doubt they're actually gonna be in touch with Lesley Mack to make sure you're actually enrolled. And, speaking of laptops, if they're designed to be used on your lap, why do I have first-degree burns after using it for an hour? Just a thought...

Hey everyone, thanks for the congrats. I can't believe we actually start tomorrow morning. See you all tomorrow!!!

BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!! BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!

Love,
Marc and Rob

Agent Splat said:
BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!! BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!BONJOUR, MONSIEUR!!!!

Love,
Marc and Rob

I have no idea what just happened. :confused:

Stop looking at SDN, don't go out this weekend, and go study for your exams!

PS- CodeBrown is not a Gunner, he is a SNIPER. :D

mcjay said:
Stop looking at SDN, don't go out this weekend, and go study for your exams!

PS- CodeBrown is not a Gunner, he is a SNIPER. :D

I cut you with knife!!!!!!!!

Agent Splat said:
I cut you with knife!!!!!!!!

Based on Agent Splat's last few posts, I think we can conclude that he's losing it. Maybe a few sessions with Dr. McBride would help, Marc. Don't make us stage an intervention....

Andy15430 said:
Based on Agent Splat's last few posts, I think we can conclude that he's losing it. Maybe a few sessions with Dr. McBride would help, Marc. Don't make us stage an intervention....

I cut you too!!!!

Agent Splat said:
***twitch*twitch***

Now that exams are over, I think some heavy self-medication should take care of that twitch, Marc. Try a couple of beers first, and if that doesn't work take 10 shots of whiskey and see me in the morning. :D

killkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkill

And I would do anything for love, I’d run right into hell and back
I would do anything for love, I’ll never lie to you and that’s a fact
But I’ll never forget the way you feel right now, oh no, no way
And I would do anything for love, but I won’t do that, I won’t do that
Anything for love, oh I would do anything for love
I would do anything for love, but I won’t do that, oh I won’t do that

Some days it don’t come easy, and some days it don’t come hard
Some days it don’t come at all, and these are the days that never end
Some nights you’re breathing fire, and some nights you’re carved in ice
Some nights you’re like nothing I’ve ever seen before or will again
Maybe I’m crazy, but it’s crazy and it’s true
I know you can save me, no one else can save me now but you

As long as the planets are turning, as long as the stars are burning
As long as your dreams are coming true, you better believe it
That I would do anything for love, and I’ll be there til the final act
I would do anything for love, and I’ll take a vow and seal a pact
But I’ll never forgive myself if we don’t go all the way tonight
And I would do anything for love, oh I would do anything for love
Oh I would do anything for love, but I won’t do that, no I won’t do that

I would do anything for love, anything you’ve been dreaming of
But I just won’t do that

Some days I pray for silence, and somedays I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the God of sex and drums and rock ’n roll
Some nights I lose the feeling, and some nights I lose control
Some nights I just lose it all when I watch you dance and the thunder rolls
Maybe I’m lonely and that’s all I’m qualified to be
There’s just one and only, the one and only promise I can keep

As long as the wheels are turning, as long as the fires are burning
As long as your prayers are coming true, you better believe it
That I would do anything for love, and you know it’s true and that’s a fact
I would do anything for love, and there’ll never be no turning back
But I’ll never do it better than I do it with you, so long, so long
I would do anything for love, but I won’t do that, no no no I won’t do that
I would do anything for love, anything you’ve been dreaming of
But I just won’t do that

But I’ll never stop dreaming of you every night of my life, no way
I would do anything for love
But I won’t do that
No I won’t do that

Will you raise me up, will you help me down?
Will you get me right out of this godforsaken town?
Will you make it all a little less cold?
I can do that! I can do that!

Will you hold me sacred? will you hold me tight?
Can you colorize my life, I’m so sick of black and white?
Can you make it all a little less old?
I can do that! oh oh, now I can do that!
Will you make me some magic, with your own two hands?
Can you build an emerald city with these grains of sand?
Can you give me something I can take home?
I can do that! oh oh now, I can do that!

Will you cater to every fantasy I got?
Will ya hose me down with holy water, if I get too hot?
Will you take me places I’ve never known?
I can do that! oh oh now, I can do that!
After a while you’ll forget everything
It was a brief interlude and a midsummer night’s fling
And you’ll see that it’s time to move on
I won’t do that! no I won’t do that!

I know the territory, I’ve been around
It’ll all turn to dust and we’ll all fall down
And sooner or later, you’ll be screwing around
I won’t do that! no I won’t do that!
Anything for love, oh I would do anything for love
I would do anything for love, but I won’t do that, no I won’t do that

Meatloaf, more like Beatloaf. Scabbadoo!

Agent Splat said:
get a life, Pratik.[/QUou

Dr. Ramachandran says the phi and psi angle are too high....you lose

pratik7 said:
Agent Splat said:
get a life, Pratik.[/QUou

Dr. Ramachandran says the phi and psi angle are too high....you lose

go tell that baby daddy of yours to get a new pair of glasses.

Agent Splat said:
pratik7 said:
go tell that baby daddy of yours to get a new pair of glasses.

Dr. Ramachandran will beat you like a red headed stepchild....and FYI thats not being culturally competent

pratik7 said:
Agent Splat said:
Dr. Ramachandran will beat you like a red headed stepchild....and FYI thats not being culturally competent

If they served free lunch at the cultural competence lectures I would think about going.

but it's easier to be incompetent. with knowledge comes responsibility, and I don't need that in my life.

for the record, Pratik giggles like a schoolgirl whenever they say "muscles of mastication" in anatomy.

Agent Splat said:
for the record, Pratik giggles like a schoolgirl whenever they say "muscles of mastication" in anatomy.

hehehe

You just like it when I masticate next to you in lecture, don't you?

Agent Splat said:

Yesterday when you masticated on those french fries, it was so hot. :love:

Agent Splat said:

There is just something special about the way your buccinator gyrates

I predict that Pratik will post in here next.

Andy15430 said:
Touche....nice burn. :(

Okay okay.....no need for mister saddy face. I was only kidding. I love you at least half as much as Pratik.

I got to school at 7:30am to find that someone had already raised our cadaver up...I appreciate the thought but if I had known I could have freaking slept in. Dangit. Now I'm stuck at school for hours with nothing to do but study devo.

Agent Splat said:
Dangit!

Well, at least I know now that he's not as big a loser as you are.

Don't make me stop this thread and pull over to the side of the road. ;)

samenewme said:
Don't make me stop this thread and pull over to the side of the road. ;)

Oh, don't worry. You'll be like all of us soon enough.

You can't help that. We're all mad here.

Oh yes.