**Official MWU-IL interview/acceptance/rejection thread**

i dont think they are going in order, i received an interview invite on sept 13, app complete sept 2...
Thanks for letting me know :).

Members don't see this ad.

MMI was interesting, best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it was this week (First one was Monday).

I interviewed here earlier this week and had a great experience! I wasn't sure what to expect of the school but was pleasantly surprised with the program and students. The MMI experience ... meh. The interview day in general felt kind of long. There was some kid with patents and inventions!!! :wow: That threw me off my game a little as im your "average applicant" but he turned out to be real nice and helped calm my nerves a bit during the MMI lol. In conclusion, dont stress about the MMI as you really cant predict what they will ask but take a deep breath and show them who you are. Best of luck everyone!!

I interviewed here earlier this week and had a great experience! I wasn't sure what to expect of the school but was pleasantly surprised with the program and students. The MMI experience ... meh. The interview day in general felt kind of long. There was some kid with patents and inventions!!! :wow: That threw me off my game a little as im your "average applicant" but he turned out to be real nice and helped calm my nerves a bit during the MMI lol. In conclusion, dont stress about the MMI as you really cant predict what they will ask but take a deep breath and show them who you are. Best of luck everyone!!

Lollll this dude was a stud. 4 inventions

Reactions: 1 user
I invented the word "Flossy-raptor" yesterday.

So there's no real way of preparing? is it only MMI interview?

Lollll this dude was a stud. 4 inventions
Spot on. A stud he was lollll.

So there's no real way of preparing? is it only MMI interview?
Thats not necessarily true. You can read online about ethical questions that could be asked, general questions they could have for you, etc. You can definitely prepare by dressing well, being alert, and smile. Aside from that the questions or scenarios cant be predicted. I remember one of the questions they asked me was almost a curveball and the interviewer played poker face with me haha. Scenarios like that I would answer the question with your honest opinion as there is no right answer. Hope this helps!

Good luck to anyone interviewing Tuesday, I'll see you there.

@ anyone who had their interview here so far this cycle:

were the interview questions this year similar to the ones from previous years (as seen in the interview feedback section?) were they impossible? or requiring a lot of specific background knowledge that you'd need to do a Google search for?

would anyone who had their interview this year mind making a post in interview feedback? my interview is tomorrow and I'm terrified haha

thanks!!!!! any advice/feedback helps

@ anyone who had their interview here so far this cycle:

were the interview questions this year similar to the ones from previous years (as seen in the interview feedback section?) were they impossible? or requiring a lot of specific background knowledge that you'd need to do a Google search for?

would anyone who had their interview this year mind making a post in interview feedback? my interview is tomorrow and I'm terrified haha

thanks!!!!! any advice/feedback helps

They're not impossible but might throw you off a bit. Nothing you'll need background knowledge for, just be yourself!! And don't be nervous, I really really love this school and a big reason is how friendly everyone is. You'll do great!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I submit my app on 9/1. I received the secondary and filled that out about a week later and I still haven't heard back. They haven't even updated my AADSAS portal yet. Anyone in the same boat or have any advice? OOS resident

I submit my app on 9/1. I received the secondary and filled that out about a week later and I still haven't heard back. They haven't even updated my AADSAS portal yet. Anyone in the same boat or have any advice? OOS resident

Interviewed here and am OOS, they don't use AADSAS at all, it doesn't even show up on mine.

Any idea if they are still giving out interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interviewed here on october 4th..great school..about twenty people at the interview. they split you up into two groups. one group interviews first and the second group does the tour first

Interviewed here and am OOS, they don't use AADSAS at all, it doesn't even show up on mine.
How long after you submit the app and received the secondary did it take for them to offer you an interview?

How long after you submit the app and received the secondary did it take for them to offer you an interview?

E-submit: June 3
Received Supplemental: June 20
Interview Invitation: September 6

So to answer your question, a pretty long time haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Loved the school and surprisingly I liked the MMI style. Had a few stumbles during two questions. I feel like 4 of the 6 went very well. I hope that doesn't disqualify me.

Loved the school and surprisingly I liked the MMI style. Had a few stumbles during two questions. I feel like 4 of the 6 went very well. I hope that doesn't disqualify me.
Care to share what questions they asked? Thanks!

Haha I was at that interview too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Is this school sending out rejecting via snail mail, email or both?

Rejection via snail mail. puck you too mwu. didn't want to go there ANYWAYS

Was compelled to go to my mailbox today .. I'm safe .....for now loll

Wait when did you get this letter D: also your stats seem to fit right up MWU's alley :/

Yesterday afternoon. That's what I thought too. Apparently not. Kind of surprised though, considering I have two+ years of legitimate diagnostic/therapeutic hospital work.

Yesterday afternoon. That's what I thought too. Apparently not. Kind of surprised though, considering I have two+ years of legitimate diagnostic/therapeutic hospital work.

:/ maybe they thought you were overqualified? Acceptances really are crapshoots.

Do they send rejections after interview or do you wait till dec before you hear anything?

Do they send rejections after interview or do you wait till dec before you hear anything?
If you've already gotten an interview they can't notify you of a rejection or acceptance until Dec 1, atleast.

I was under the impression that they can reject whenever, they just can't notify of acceptance until Dec. 1st.

did anyone receive a demographic update on the MWU-IL applicant portal?

Does anyone know if MWU IL has any preferences when it comes to looking at the different GPA calculations provided by ADEA AADSAS? I'm aware that the MWU AZ campus looks at the BCP rather than science and also only looks at with +/- and I was just wondering if MWU IL does that as well

students who have interviewed, how many MMI stations were there? how long was the interview? was it open file or closed file interview?
I think it was 7 stations and 1 rest station. None asked me anything personal so not sure if it's open or not.

Also FYI - when I spoke with the admissions counselor I've been in contact with, she made it a point to say that a majority of MWU-IL's interviews are scheduled for after the first of the year. So it seems like while it's technically a rolling admissions process, applying later in the cycle is not as detrimental as it might be at other dental schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Also FYI - when I spoke with the admissions counselor I've been in contact with, she made it a point to say that a majority of MWU-IL's interviews are scheduled for after the first of the year. So it seems like while it's technically a rolling admissions process, applying later in the cycle is not as detrimental as it might be at other dental schools.

Does this mean that pre December interviews will be especially competitive and only a small fraction of pre Dec interviewees will be accepted? if most of the class will be accepted post-Dec 1?

I received it too! For those who received the demographic update, was it just the question "were you born in the United States?" That's the only one I had

Also did people who haven't been invited for an interview yet receive the update on the MDW portal?

Does this mean that pre December interviews will be especially competitive and only a small fraction of pre Dec interviewees will be accepted? if most of the class will be accepted post-Dec 1?

That I don't know - my guess would be that pre-January 1st interviews would be scheduled for very strong applicants. Just my hunch though.