**Official MWU-IL interview/acceptance/rejection thread**

Does anyone have words of advice for the interview? Just received an invite this morning and don't really know what to expect (format, questions, lodging).

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have words of advice for the interview? Just received an invite this morning and don't really know what to expect (format, questions, lodging).

I am from the area. There are hotels near by and decent uber service. Westin is a nice one at yorktown mall. Then there are some different ranges in types of hotels all within a 5-10max car ride. There is an embassy suites (nicer), days inn, red roof inn, and a few other smaller hotels on butterfield road in between highland avenue and finley road. Lombard is close to and inches away from MWU.

Check the schools site on here for info on interview format. There is some great information!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
20AA 19TS 20 bio 18 gen chem 22 ochem 20 RC 18 pat 18 qr. 3.54 oGPA. 3.63 sGPA. Non traditional (army vet) from southern illinois.
Do u think i have a chance at MWU-IL with 2.77 BCP and 18 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT, 17 BIO, 17 QR, 14 RC, 22 GC, 22 OC?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do u think i have a chance at MWU-IL with 2.77 BCP and 18 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT, 17 BIO, 17 QR, 14 RC, 22 GC, 22 OC?
It is possible, make sure you have a good academic update. Also just hang in there. You meet their requirements so I assume they give you a fair review. There is time.

Anyone know how this school feels about updates? I recently started volunteering and working again; I wanted to email them to show that I'm still interested in the school, but I know some schools hate these kind of emails...curious if MWU IL is one of them.

Interview declined. Good luck to the person that takes it!

I got rejected from MWU-IL with a 19 or above on every section of the DAT except a 17 on the QR. When I called to find out why they said it was my QR score.. nothing less than 18. I guess they're really strict on the DAT but maybe that was just for me

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got rejected from MWU-IL with a 19 or above on every section of the DAT except a 17 on the QR. When I called to find out why they said it was my QR score.. nothing less than 18. I guess they're really strict on the DAT but maybe that was just for me

What was your GPA?

I believe it says on their site that they want an 18 on every section. I believe when they opened they were a 17, but all their requirements keep increasing

While I don't discount your experience, I can't imagine that's a hard requirement. The 2015/2016 ADEA guide showed the bottom of range for the entering class as 16 in each of AA, TS, and PAT (many schools have 15's as their lower end of the range for admitted students). And my understanding from other threads on here is that QR is one of the less "important" sections when adcoms are looking at DAT scores.

Am I off on this?

While I don't discount your experience, I can't imagine that's a hard requirement. The 2015/2016 ADEA guide showed the bottom of range for the entering class as 16 in each of AA, TS, and PAT (many schools have 15's as their lower end of the range for admitted students). And my understanding from other threads on here is that QR is one of the less "important" sections when adcoms are looking at DAT scores.

Am I off on this?

I completely agree. I was very confused and shocked by it because I had been working with one of their director of admissions for the last 2 years and she basically tried to guarantee me an acceptance. I mentioned that on their website they had 17 or above for AA, TS, RC, and PAT and she said they changed it this year and an 18 or below on ANY section seems to be getting a rejection... I wish I would have known that as I would have retaken it even though I did well. But don't worry too much about it because I have gotten interviews with my below 18 QR one of them being at uic!

Maybe based on your application they wanted nothing less than an 18, because I got in with a 17QR

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my application and declined my January interview! Good luck to you all :)

Reactions: 2 users
To those who got post-dec invites, what were your mail out dates?

Any current students on the Navy or Army HPSP? I would love to ask them some questions!

Hi everyone! To those of you who have interviewed, would you guys mind telling me the layout of the interview? This is my first MMI so I just wanted to know how the actual process went, What kind of questions were asked, and how was your overall experience/impression at the school?

Thanks for all the help!

Also, if any female would like to share a room for Jan 31, please let me know!

Declined my interview. They offered 2 dates in February =) Hope someone deserving gets it!

anyone knows when the second round of acceptance would be? when will they notify pre dec waitlisted applicants?:yeahright::bang:

They are still interviewing people. I was seeing that they had different dates based on past threads.

They are still interviewing people. I was seeing that they had different dates based on past threads.
on past threads, i noticed that they first sent acceptance to those who interviewed post-dec. once they finished interviewing by march, they started selecting from waitlist. :nailbiting:

anyone knows when the second round of acceptance would be? when will they notify pre dec waitlisted applicants?
I would assume that the second round of acceptance would come out after January 9th, which is the due date of the first deposit

on past threads, i noticed that they first sent acceptance to those who interviewed post-dec. once they finished interviewing by march, they started selecting from waitlist. :nailbiting:

Yea, i mean if you're wait listed they may review you with each session they review, however if they are still interviewing it is a good chance they are giving them a first look.

Are you IS or OOS for midwestern?

Yea, i mean if you're wait listed they may review you with each session they review, however if they are still interviewing it is a good chance they are giving them a first look.

Are you IS or OOS for midwestern?
Any waitlisted applicant out here waiting for acceptance?

Last edited:
Acceptance #4: MWU College of Dental Medicine!

I was a Pre-December interview. I guess it took them a while to get back to me.

IS. What abt u? Any waitlisted IS applicant out here waiting for acceptance?

I have an interview coming up. If you're from Illinois you have a ~80% shot at getting accepted so the odds are there.

You'll have to wait it out I guess. It looks like they sent out an acceptance today so they are probably going through people who have interviewed

Just realized this was the thread for IL. Oops. Please disregard my previous post. I was accepted to MWU-AZ.

Interview Invite as well but I believe I will be declining due to a prior acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Interview invitation today! I want to interview but not on the 2 dates they are offering at this moment. I guess i will wait and see if different dates become available.

Interview invitation today! I want to interview but not on the 2 dates they are offering at this moment. I guess i will wait and see if different dates become available.

What dates do they have?

For those of you that have already been accepted, is the interview stressful? How did you prepare? I am a first generation college student and never thought I would get a chance to interview at a dental school. I don't really know what to expect and would love any advice I can get. Thanks!

Just received an interview invite. Still contemplating if I should attend or not...

Does anyone know if they favor applicants that email them about their interest? Haven't heard back from then and really want an interview here!

Interview invite today! 4 dates were available with the first one being as early as next Monday 1/23!

Interview invite. Earliest was 1/23, I chose 2/14.

Nice! Those of you who got invites today, when did you submit the supplemental application?

Interviewing here tomorrow!! any tips/suggestions? TIA

Be yourself- and even though it's MMI- I used some of the prompts to highlight some of my leadership/volunteer involvement throughout undergrad. Overall, it was a very laid back day and the students are very helpful.

Declined my acceptance.

Good luck everybody!