***Official NYU C/O 2012 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,
I have been contemplating between a laptop or tablet pc. What do you suggest? My current pc was just infected with a virus after 4 years. I am soo upset. I would love to buy a mac, but since our books are all pdf I figured a tablet is better. What are you buying? Please help me.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I have been contemplating between a laptop or tablet pc. What do you suggest? My current pc was just infected with a virus after 4 years. I am soo upset. I would love to buy a mac, but since our books are all pdf I figured a tablet is better. What are you buying? Please help me.:confused:

depends on your preference. I was gonna go with a tablet, but i have a hard time reading from a screen for a long period of time and would rather take notes down on paper. call me old fashioned :D

Ah man, those seem like long days for orientation... there's only so many animals I can name that begin with the same letter as my first name. What are we mainly going to be doing for the week?

something about a scavenger hunt, boat ride and bus tour. i think that sums it up

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a MAC, think that should be ok with PDF files?

I will be moving into Waterside on the 12th...anyone else living in waterside?...Living in NYC will be an experience of a lifetime!!

I will be moving into Waterside on the 12th...anyone else living in waterside?...Living in NYC will be an experience of a lifetime!!

Coming from Georgia it will be if you haven't ever been to larger cities. I know of a few people from NYC here and they are glad they moved, and wouldn't move back, despite this being a village and all.

Hey Musc - my Mac OS X opens pdf files.

I actually ended up getting a place in Jersey. Although I wont be moving in until the last minute which is really making me nervous.

I've never lived in NYC but have spent a LOT of time up there. And I felt like Jersey was a nice compromise. I can go to NY easily whenever I want (although traffic is a bitch and the commute is easy but kinda long.....eh I'm used to long commutes) but I also have easier access to the outdoorsy stuff I like to do.

I really doubt any of the other first years are living in Jersey (prob some of the older students are) but let me know if you are!

So when is the white coat ceremony? Also, do we need to get tickets or anything for our family and friends, or is it open to anyone?

Can anyone tell me where we all meet for Orientation on the 18th morning?

And do you think they'll let us know when we have to bring our laptops to get all that stuff installed on it?

I tried asking people at student affairs but no one has replied my emails...

Members don't see this ad :)
So when is the white coat ceremony? Also, do we need to get tickets or anything for our family and friends, or is it open to anyone?

White coat ceremony is closed. No family. No friends. No space with such a big class.

Can anyone tell me where we all meet for Orientation on the 18th morning?

And do you think they'll let us know when we have to bring our laptops to get all that stuff installed on it?

I tried asking people at student affairs but no one has replied my emails...

according to the link i posted above, we have to bring them in on the 19th

just made my IKEA run ... $1 cinnamon buns FTW !

just made my IKEA run ... $1 cinnamon buns FTW !

I am making mine of Friday...How much was the shipping and did u get the matress from there or somewhere else? Btw...where are u staying?

I am making mine of Friday...How much was the shipping and did u get the matress from there or somewhere else? Btw...where are u staying?

Hello ALL
I got accepted in this morning, but I'm freaking out right now. I don't know where to live, and have no clue about loan! Anybody help me ! please! anybody looking for a roommate now????

One more for the list musl.

NYUCD WELCOMES ALCOHULK!!

One more for the list musl.

NYUCD WELCOMES ALCOHULK!!

Haha, i know youve been eyeing that list for sometime. Congrats on the acceptance. Just 3 days before orientation. You can officially be the never lose hope representative :D

here you go all the way from page 13:

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
phamdh23 (Dennis Huy Pham)
Ewok1984
Hyphae
predental1984
tejloo
keving
porkchop2
714guy (jason cao)
tingteenfone (william ting)
wtf3388
Vapor1122 (Jared Miller)
chuchudentist
Mrsoccerpro (Jordan Martin)
dkroner
andrew0k
Sephisabin
Motormouth (Andrew)
bob81575 (Bob)
curls1104
Lonely Sol
Qwerty86
Thoma76
muelita82
Toothpaste12
Star7126
AlcoHulk
THDental

also join facebook please. Anyone else please add your name to the list. see you all monday

Haha, i know youve been eyeing that list for sometime. Congrats on the acceptance. Just 3 days before orientation. You can officially be the never lose hope representative :D

here you go all the way from page 13:

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
phamdh23 (Dennis Huy Pham)
Ewok1984
Hyphae
predental1984
tejloo
keving
porkchop2
714guy (jason cao)
tingteenfone (william ting)
wtf3388
Vapor1122 (Jared Miller)
chuchudentist
Mrsoccerpro (Jordan Martin)
dkroner
andrew0k
Sephisabin
Motormouth (Andrew)
bob81575 (Bob)
curls1104
Lonely Sol
Qwerty86
Thoma76
muelita82
Toothpaste12
Star7126
AlcoHulk
THDental

also join facebook please. Anyone else please add your name to the list. see you all monday

Already joined :)
I have a question regarding orientation. Is it mandatory? I pretty sure its impossible for me to be there within the next week because I'm an international student (Canada) and need to get loans/F1-visa/look for a place to live. Also, is tuition due on Monday, August 18? Because that's alot of money to dig up in 3 days.

I have a question regarding orientation. Is it mandatory? I pretty sure its impossible for me to be there within the next week because I'm an international student (Canada) and need to get loans/F1-visa/look for a place to live. Also, is tuition due on Monday, August 18? Because that's alot of money to dig up in 3 days.

i dont know for your case because your in canada. It is mandatory, but what can you do about the visa. call them tomorrow and speak to admissions director.

I have to be at the orientation on Monday; otherwise, I lose my spot. That's what the school told me. Really???? the tuition is due on Monday? Shooot,,,where can I get that much money from??? OMG. I think we r an exception ( I hope hic hic )

HI udonzilla? who are you? you're not in my class. LIAR

Haha... is biomaterials that boring?