*~*~*~*Official Personal Statement Guide and Reader List 2013-2014*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDreams

Attending Physician
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting this thread because I have already started working on my PS.

So this is for the 2013 applications entering in 2014 for the class of 2018. I hope there are people out there who have started on their PS as well! Also if you are volunteering to read PS please put your name down.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Very early! :)

I wrote it in January, and have been honing it down. I have a Committee interview at my school in Feb/March so I have to have it prepared for that. Thus far I have taken a interactive interview and ive done well, lets see what the future holds.

By the way, does anyone know of a good website condensed and geared specifically towards healthcare reforms etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote it in January, and have been honing it down. I have a Committee interview at my school in Feb/March so I have to have it prepared for that. Thus far I have taken a interactive interview and ive done well, lets see what the future holds.

By the way, does anyone know of a good website condensed and geared specifically towards healthcare reforms etc?

Don't worry. I have had mine written for over a year now. :p

I don't know of any good sites for reforms. :(

ahaha, nice, so at least some of us are starting prep!

Im trying to find insight to the healthcare issue questions they may ask us.:scared:

I was going to apply this year (had my application filled out and everything) but got knocked up and spent the last three months in the hospital. :(

Pretty much anything is game, however you can find out which questions specific schools usually ask. That should help a little. :)

I've just finished my PS, are there people who want to proofread? <crosses fingers>

I'd be more than happy to read personal statements and provide feedback. I work at my university writing help center if that makes anyone feel better.

I was going to apply this year (had my application filled out and everything) but got knocked up and spent the last three months in the hospital. :(

Pretty much anything is game, however you can find out which questions specific schools usually ask. That should help a little. :)

I hope all things are ok!, sorry my reply is so late, i think ive caught to flu! for the past couple days my body has been aching like crazy. And BTW we are expecting our 2nd child next month!:D

I'd be more than happy to read personal statements and provide feedback. I work at my university writing help center if that makes anyone feel better.
Thanks Surf!

You guys have finished personal statements already? I better get with the program and start mine.

Wait, what? Already? I'm fairly certain 99.9% of premeds haven't even begun writing theirs yet. At least, I hope...

Would anyone here be willing to read a PS for the current app cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote a draft of mine a couple of months ago. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the year also.

I'd be willing to read. Not a med student yet, but have received 12 interviews so far. My PS was very highly complimented by my interviewers.

I'd also appreciate it if I could get feedback/reviews for my PS. Nontraditional applicant.

I really feel like I should give back to this since it no doubt helped me a lot last (this) cycle. It just seems so early to start with this though.

I can read for grammar, content, and some level of style. :cool:

I'm non-trad. Didn't apply to a ton of schools in the 2013 cycle but did fairly well. No one specifically praised my PS, but evidently they didn't hate it either. Can usually return things in 2-3 days and will update if this changes.

I can look over some too.
(disclaimer- I'm by no means a writing expert and am still a humble pre-med myself, but I'll edit for grammar and give any general comments/impressions/feedback that I have)

I'm a non-trad too with a couple of acceptances so far this cycle.

I've just finished my PS, are there people who want to proofread? <crosses fingers>

*raises hand* I would love to take a look. Anyone else need help, PM me your drafts. I'll be brutally honest with them.

I'd also be happy to read/edit PSes. I'm also somewhat of a non-trad with a couple acceptances so far this cycle.

I've already read about a dozen this week, so I'm probably going to start doing much shorter reviews, but I'll read if you PM me.

I've already read about a dozen this week, so I'm probably going to start doing much shorter reviews, but I'll read if you PM me.

You really are a true leader for your kind. First of your species to reach space is an amazing accomplishment.

In seriousness--you do help out often on these boards--so :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers
LM

I can read too. Non-trad. Did very well this cycle and would love to help anyone who needs a second pair of eyes or has content questions. Just send me a PM. Should be able to provide feedback within a day or two.

Last edited:
I can help read. This helped me last year and I'd be more than happy to give some feedback. Reading for content and flow. Just PM me.

Starting med school in fall, applied both MD and DO this cycle so I have written personal statements for both AACOMAS and AMCAS. PM me if you want me to look over your PS.

I can read over a few personal statements this upcoming week for style, mechanics, and content :).

English major (Honors candidate), currently in the MD application cycle (re: primary/secondary applications--received 10+ interviews at top 25 schools), traditional applicant

I am down to read & critique PS if in return you could read/critique mine.

Just PM me and I'll get back to you. :thumbup:

Can help as well. No minor edits though, just general comments on the content/style.

I will help. I just got my acceptance for next year.

Last year I used some members so I definitely want to give back here. PM me your PS.

I can read for grammar, flow, and extreme honesty.

Non-trad.

I'm done with apps and happy to be a reader