Official prionsRbad Rally Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasTriathlete

HTFU
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On 1/8/08, prions will be good.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes I hope the best for you Prions and also LauraDO. Have fun and I'm sure you will love it!! :D

I'm not convinced LauraDO stands to benefit from the extreme power contained within my rally threads. We will know more after the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Woo woo prions and Laura!! :D :luck:

Ohhh, come on! I definitely think she needs some rallying! Why are you being so clique-y? :(

Well to steal from Texas, Laura deserves to be part of the rally thread because she's so badass she got an interview without an MCAT score. :D

Well to steal from Texas, Laura deserves to be part of the rally thread because she's so badass she got an interview without an MCAT score. :D

:thumbup:

Tex, we've decided to hijack your rally thread. :p

Okay, by popular demand, LauraDO is now part of this rally thread.

The power of the rally thread is not to be trifled with.

Thank you. :thumbup:

Prions!!! I am sending you lots of good juju's your way. Jas and I miss you! We love ya!!!!

They will both be accepted shortly after introducing themselves. It's been willed:cool:

I'm on the rally thread!!!!!

But where do the 2 have interviews?

Good Luck to Prions and Laura!!!

I'm on the rally thread!!!!!

But where do the 2 have interviews?

Good Luck to Prions and Laura!!!

DCOM for both. Hopefully I left some good vibes for them while I was there. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
WOOT! DO IT TO IT AND WIN THE MCATS!

/caps

Go get 'em Prions and Laura!!! Can't wait to hear the success stories! :thumbup:

Go Prions and LauraDO!!
Lotsa good vibessss coming your way!
I'll be ready for one of these rallies after the MCAT!
Laura is much more badass than me!
And Prions cracks me up!
Sending a big old 55 gallon drum of mojo to you guys,
sherruns

Hey kids, good luck.

Dr JPH, god rest his banned soul, threw me an e-party when I got into PCOM last year. As sad as the SDN addiction is, it was really nice to have a community rally for you.

It's always good to see a SDNer get into a top choice. :thumbup:

Here we go Prions...here we go...
Let's go Laura....Let's go Laura....

Hey guys, just got back! Thank you so much for all of the support (TexasTri-no love for you today) I actually read part of the thread this morning before I left and it was really encouraging to have my own 'internet cheering section'

Prions would say thanks too but she is on a plane right now.

Overall it was a long day......exhausting day. They told us the admissions committee will meet Thursday and we will get a call monday or tuesday if we are accepted, if not we will get a letter

Anyway, thanks again! hopefully we will be able to have a Acceptance thread sometimes soon

LauraDO: your official rally thread is to be on MCAT day. I hope that by telling you that, its super powers are not weakened.

LauraDO: your official rally thread is to be on MCAT day. I hope that by telling you that, its super powers are not weakened.

ok, that makes sense........you are forgiven - oh master of the official rallly threads

Wow, thanks everyone for the rally and special thanks to TexasT for gettin it started ;).

My trip there and back was complete hell . . . sleeping in airports and a string of cancelled, delayed and standby flights all over the freakin country! I've been to Chicago, Washington DC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego and Knoxville all in 48 hours!!!! :eek:

As for the interview, it went great! It was really cool to meet Laura DO and some other SDN'ers. The school is fabulous and the students seemed really chill and easy going. I would LOVE to go to LMU-DCOM! :love:

Thanks again everyone! :D

I hope you both get in!

oh no! so i was too late to provide some pre-interview rally, but here's my post-interview rally. go LDO and PRB!!! :)

Prions would say thanks too but she is on a plane right now.

I always thought prions was a dude.
This does not bode well for my OB rotation.

As for the interview, it went great! It was really cool to meet Laura DO and some other SDN'ers. The school is fabulous and the students seemed really chill and easy going.

Sorry I wasn't able to jump in on this interview/rally thread earlier! I am all kinds of tired. I have no idea where my winter break went, but here I am in my second semester at Western.

So instead of rallying to the cause, I will send out good vibes for ADCOM decisions!

*vibe*vibe*

:laugh: That's funny Stringer! I always knew you were a dude. There would definitely be no doubt about it if you met me in person! I’m 100% LADY. ;) Is that what you meant by being scared of your OB rotation?

I always thought prions was a dude.
This does not bode well for my OB rotation.

Sorry I wasn't able to jump in on this interview/rally thread earlier! I am all kinds of tired. I have no idea where my winter break went, but here I am in my second semester at Western.

So instead of rallying to the cause, I will send out good vibes for ADCOM decisions!

*vibe*vibe*

I think he is worried that he won't be able to tell the difference between chicks and dudes on his ob rotation. Typically, that would be an important skill for an ob/gyn to have.

I think he is worried that he won't be able to tell the difference between chicks and dudes on his ob rotation. Typically, that would be an important skill for an ob/gyn to have.

:laugh: Hopefully he'll know once he takes a look! There is no mistaking a MTF from a biological female. ;) Trust me on this one . . . . I've seen it with my own eyes! :eek:

This would be correct.
And yes, it is a useful skill to have. :)

:laugh: That's funny Stringer! I always knew you were a dude. There would definitely be no doubt about it if you met me in person! I’m 100% LADY. ;) Is that what you meant by being scared of your OB rotation?

I'm not sure prions that beard you have confuses some people

I'm not sure prions that beard you have confuses some people

:laugh::laugh: I :love: you Laura! I really hope we're classmates next year (i.e. I hope we both get in)!

I somehow missed meeting prions....

Sorry to hear your trip was less than ideal!

I think you were talking to Laura DO right outside the conference room, but that was before I knew who Laura DO was, so I felt weird being like "hi, I'm prions!!". :laugh: I caught a quick glimpse of you, though. ;)

:laugh::laugh: I :love: you Laura! I really hope we're classmates next year (i.e. I hope we both get in)!

ditto-isimo, I've just gotta kick the pants off of a man named mcat

i always thought you had to take the mcat to complete...

i always thought you had to take the mcat to complete...
That is usually the case. I have never heard of anyone getting an interview without an MCAT score before.

Something interesting about DCOM: they are one of the only DO schools that asks for a photograph with their secondary application. I think its safe to assume that LauraDO is extremely hot, and may have sent in naked photos with her secondary application. I can't think of any other reason why she might be offered an interview without an MCAT score. If she gets accepted without the MCAT, then we'll know for sure.

Something interesting about DCOM: they are one of the only DO schools that asks for a photograph with their secondary application.

What? I thought every school asked for that... there goes 300$ of glamour shots :<

What? I thought every school asked for that... there goes 300$ of glamour shots :<

$300? That's it? Guess I shouldn't have paid for those professional head shots. And I still ended up looking like Napoleon Dynamite's "girlfriend". Although my bangs are pretty stellar.

We were supposed to submit a picture with the DCOM secondary??? Oops. I didn't do that!

Hmmmm, I didn't apply there, but maybe we could work something out. ;)
haha. maybe you can do an "inter-scholastic training" field trip to be my OMM partner! :hardy: