Official Rank Order List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just for the record, I truly think whether or not you chose to post your list is a matter of personal preference, and I don't think it says anything about you as a person, or your type A tendencies/lack thereof, or whatever. We are all in different situations and we all know that it's game time. I think what I found objectionable was that a lot of people didn't want to share but then simultaneously seemed eager to see what other people thought. Kind of like drinking out of a keg you didn't help pay for. Just my two cents. But either way, CAN YOU ALL BELIEVE MATCH IS TEN DAYS AWAY!!!!???!!! Crazy!:eek:

Totally agree... forums were active until rol deadline and then there has been a complete silence...

Anyway didn't like the alchemist, his others books are so much better

10 more days, this sucks

Members don't see this ad.

if you don't want people who didn't pay drinking from the keg, perhaps you shouldn't have put that keg in the middle of bourbon street during mardi gras. :laugh:

yeah...so close to finding out yet so far. i wish these next ten days would go by quicker! the beginning of the next chapter of our personal legends(sorry...just finished reading the alchemist)!

:laugh: Mardi gras and the student doctor network are about as polar opposite as one can get, I'm afraid... :laugh:

In response to all of the controversy over whether or not to post ROL, I originally started this thread to allow willing people to post their ROL. When I was starting fourth year, I scanned this website almost everyday in order to find out information about interviews, residency programs, and to see how the class of 2006 ranked programs in OB/GYN. I was grateful for the information that was posted. I feel that our class should do the same thing to help out the upcoming class that will be going through this nervewrecking process next year. So for those of you who are willing to help out and contribute, thank you. For those of you who are scared to post your ROL or for whatever just dont want to, thats your prerogative. However, I'm sure that just like myself and others YOU used this website to find information on applying to OB when YOU needed it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm...I see what everyone's saying. It's awfully tempting to take my list off, but I'll leave it up for future generations.

But I could see not wanting residents and PDs to know where they were on your list, since they might get offended, although I don't think it would last very long given the fact that OUR ROL is not based on program alone (cost of living, family, city life, other things they have no control over) and they know that. I think the potential for offense would be greater if they were posting THEIR ROL in a public forum, since their lists are almost COMPLETELY personal (scores, grades, LORs, interview, personality, away elective). Can you imagine? I would just die.

But this is the way I rationalize it. Who knows what goes on in their heads.:)

please use my new thread to discuss the issue. Im tired of reading long posts instead of short ROLs. thanks

I decided to take the plunge - here are my top four:

1. Magee
2. UNC
3. UAB
4. Northwestern

It was hard to rank these because I loved all four of them almost equally.

Only 6 more days! Good luck everyone! :luck:

how many programs did people rank?

hey...it's been awhile since i've posted on this site....a looooong while....( i forgot my password and screen name and completely forgot about this spot ! ) :D

anyway.....i was completely paranoid and decided to interview at most places i was offered interviews. i interviewed at 19 places and turned down 6. total waste of money!!!! but i ranked 11 places i felt i would be happy at, but i'm sure i didn't need to rank that many places! ( i hope!!!! :laugh: )

like uclaman i did not post places so not offend anyone, but i will share where i end up if anyone is interested. ( but i'm hoping to be back home at ucla :rolleyes: )

by the way....i'm wondering if we've ever met uclaman...it's quite possible...especially if you were a care extender as an undergrad

I was a care extender, SM tech, and we've met =)

good luck with the match dogg.

ya.....but you were one of those "special" care extenders that was made to wear a helmet when walking around the hospital!

home you are doing well.......and what are you doing in this forum Mr. urology/GI/i can't decide ????

Well here are the top five...only a couple more days!
But good news is at least I matched!
Southwestern
Albert Einstein
Baylor College of Medicine
UCSF
Columbia
and others...

Good luck everyone! And let's just get back to the real reason why this thread was started please. Post if you want to post or not. Who cares! We are all going to be docs in the end! Let's just support each other! =)