*** Official rejection 2009 cycle thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pacific

Members don't see this ad.

Stony Brook and Maryland rejections today... but I'm going to grad school for Speech Pathology instead. After 2 years of rejections, I realized I'm not cut out for dentistry in the first place. Guess things happen for a reason! To those who have gotten rejected for the 2nd year in a row like me, my two cents is to re-evaluate your options. Of course most of the applicants to dental school apply because dentistry is the only thing they could see themselves doing, however I realized I can get the same patient interaction, sense of helping someone else, and job flexibility with speech-path. If dentistry is the ONLY profession in which you see yourself someday, then by all means keep trying. But for those who aren't 100%, believe me - there are a ton of other amazing professions out there! Best of luck... and bye bye SDN Pre-Dents :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Stony Brook and Maryland rejections today... but I'm going to grad school for Speech Pathology instead. After 2 years of rejections, I realized I'm not cut out for dentistry in the first place. Guess things happen for a reason! To those who have gotten rejected for the 2nd year in a row like me, my two cents is to re-evaluate your options. Of course most of the applicants to dental school apply because dentistry is the only thing they could see themselves doing, however I realized I can get the same patient interaction, sense of helping someone else, and job flexibility with speech-path. If dentistry is the ONLY profession in which you see yourself someday, then by all means keep trying. But for those who aren't 100%, believe me - there are a ton of other amazing professions out there! Best of luck... and bye bye SDN Pre-Dents :)

^ and don't you think Dental schools are looking for caniditates that are cut out for dentistry in the first place?

Not sure you can tell if an applicant is "cut out for dentistry" by words and numbers on their application. I believe my low DAT (18AA) is what prevented me from getting in, and the fact that I'm not willing to take the DAT for a THIRD time proves to me that this is not the only career I can see myself happy pursuing. I admire those who persevere, but everyone has different goals. Best of luck.

This is my first day on SDN, so here it goes:
UNLV - sometime in the fall
LLU post interview - Jan XX
VCU - Last week
Creighton - 2 weeks ago

Interviewed at UMD -waitlisted
Nothing from NYU aside from that letter of interest
Nothing from Tufts/Temple, assuming I'm done there as well.

Temple, at 1:14 pm... via E-MAIL! Nothing like a rejection letter in the middle of your day to cheer you up!

Apparantly, the supplemental application fee I sent could not cover the cost of mailing me an actual rejection letter...

Members don't see this ad :)
what is going on Mstoothlady? you have very good stats. :confused:
I don't know! I guess its really late in the cycle. I don't care about the other schools, I just want to get into my either of the first choice schools & i will be happy.

my gpa's kinda low, its 3.3 cum and sci. i applied to hella schools though. im hoping it wasnt my personality :p

whattttttt thats just crazy, you have really high stats, I think ill just give up now...

yeah i got CC courses, but they're for recommended, not required. would that make a diff?

wow, that is so lame. SO lame. i did have a prereq that was from a cc...-_-that's muy ridiculoso

Tufts is notorious for rejecting you if you don't meet a requirement. An alumni was accepted at Stony Brook but rejected from Tufts for not having 20 additional hours of shadowing. Do your homework guys

tufts i checked online when it was 15 days after the interview. The snail mail came in a couple days later.

UoP came in snail mail too

Can you guys post your stats please? I did not apply for this cycle, but my stats are;
GPA overall:3.67 SCI: 3.6
Didn't take DAT yet

Can you guys post your stats please? I did not apply for this cycle, but my stats are;
GPA overall:3.67 SCI: 3.6
Didn't take DAT yet

What would be the point of that?

Take the dat and go check predents for stats. Your request is not so appealing.

Pittsburgh today, dated March 25th. I don't know whay they send the rejection letter so late. my status was upgraded more than 3 months ago lol. :D

I got a letter from Pittsburgh too. It happened two days ago. That took a while.

Single rejection- Columbia

Single rejection- Columbia

o wow Sajiy, u should have withdrawn your application from there after you got into ur #1. That way you can say u didn't get rejected by any school :D

USC today. again I don't know why it took so long.

USC via snail mail today.

Is this what your AADSAS status state: Received/Application Complete ?

yes, it is, I didn't send the application fee and I didn't expect anything but rejection from them. In their letter they mentioned they had 3400 application this year.

From a tiny tiny town in southwestern mississippi.. Population about 1700. Have a 3.6gpa and 3.75sgpa 20aa 19ts 23rc and didn't even get an interview.

Im from a tiny town in South western Mississippi population bout 1700.. had a 3.6gpa and 3.75sgpa 20aa 19ts and 23rc and didnt even get invited for an interview at Ole Miss

Pittsburgh snail mail dated March 25

Tufts, UMD, USC... there were some others but I can't remember. But I don't care anymore!