*** Official rejection 2009 cycle thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:confused: did you ask them what was wrong?
just remember stats is not every thing. You got early interview, that means they liked you, but for some reason you blew up your interview(IMO)

I hope I didn't because I thought my interview went well. I'm going to arrange for a meeting with the Dean next week to find out why I didn't get in. I know I didn't have connections with people on the admissions committee like the other people I know who got in did. I just don't know what they look for. I'm upset but I guess this is life.

Members don't see this ad.

Let see...I applied to 24 schools. Got rejected by Indiana, Nova, UNLV, Washington, UCSF, Kentucky, Case Western, Creighton, and Florida so far. The rest are not looking good as well. At this point of the cycle. I pretty much don't have any chance for the schools I haven't heard from.
3.46 overall, 3.41 science, 3.17 BCP GPA (That's what I graudated with. AADSAS I have a 3.34 overall, 3.19 science, and 2.99 BCP)
DAT 19/20/21. Lowest is bio with an 18.
Interview invitation: UOP and Western.

Let see...I applied to 24 schools. Got rejected by Indiana, Nova, UNLV, Washington, UCSF, Kentucky, Case Western, Creighton, and Florida so far. The rest are not looking good as well. At this point of the cycle. I pretty much don't have any chance for the schools I haven't heard from.
3.46 overall, 3.41 science, 3.17 BCP GPA (That's what I graudated with. AADSAS I have a 3.34 overall, 3.19 science, and 2.99 BCP)
DAT 19/20/21. Lowest is bio with an 18.
Interview invitation: UOP and Western.

damn man... if it wasn't for that bcp gpa, you would would been accepted already by bunch of schools. hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
damn man... if it wasn't for that bcp gpa, you would would been accepted already by bunch of schools. hang in there!

Well, my file was not officailly completed till late December. I retook my DAT on Nov 27th. That was really late. If I apply early next cycle, I should get more than just two interviews. I dont know, hopfully I'll get into my top choice UOP. Only interviewin there for an alternate spot.

I hope I didn't because I thought my interview went well. I'm going to arrange for a meeting with the Dean next week to find out why I didn't get in. I know I didn't have connections with people on the admissions committee like the other people I know who got in did. I just don't know what they look for. I'm upset but I guess this is life.

^ agree, that is a good idea. good luck :thumbup:

Well, got the boot from Colorado (I was on a re-review in Jan-Feb) and from WA. Colorado was my last hope, so it's off to a masters program for me...I don't know if I will be back or not though...good luck to all of you, I hope you all get in (especially you Danny)!

Well, got the boot from Colorado (I was on a re-review in Jan-Feb) and from WA. Colorado was my last hope, so it's off to a masters program for me...I don't know if I will be back or not though...good luck to all of you, I hope you all get in (especially you Danny)!

sorry to hear that. :( . buckle up for next cycle. :thumbup:

Let's see...applied to and got rejected from all three schools...i guess i will take the upper level sciences classes as much as i had hoped i would not have had to and then reapply...rejections suck :(

I applied at the beginning of January (applied to Tufts and Temple). This was my first time applying, and didn't realize that the classes start getting filled so early in the year.

Still haven't heard anything (rejection or acceptance). Starting to get a bit worried...

Anyone else in the same position?

Members don't see this ad :)
rejected from Kentucky and Temple both without interview.

Kentucky had me "hold for comparison" for a while, but finally got rejection email yesterday and Temple email today. I guess many schools dont really care about the non-traditional student with an M.B.A. when DAT's are still fairly average.

anyway, still praying for LLU and UT Mem

Boston U post interview yesterday :(

umdnj no interview:(

That is ok.be relax and ready for your interview in BU. know your PS details very well and be ready to answer any quetion about that. good luck :thumbup:

Stonybrook post interview from October

thats the first one hurt :(:(:(

be happy you have an interview w/ a 3.2/17DAT

thanks for the advice danny i will def go prepared and supraman there was no need for your comment there are people with similar stats as mine getting in .Sometimes experience counts as equally as stats.

thanks for the advice danny i will def go prepared and supraman there was no need for your comment there are people with similar stats as mine getting in .Sometimes experience counts as equally as stats.

Not tryin to be a d*ck as my stats aren't much better than yours at all, but I'm just sayin that some people are struggling while you're still in the game. In any event though I wish you acceptance

Stonybrook post interview from October

thats the first one hurt :(:(:(

Ahh, achilles, noooo ... I'm sure mine's going to be coming soon too, then. How did they let you know?

Ahh, achilles, noooo ... I'm sure mine's going to be coming soon too, then. How did they let you know?

snail mail man....snail mail!!!!

can't win them all I guess, SB was my top choice

Not tryin to be a d*ck as my stats aren't much better than yours at all, but I'm just sayin that some people are struggling while you're still in the game. In any event though I wish you acceptance

well maybe i misunderstood what you said and your right i am very lucky to have an interview and hopefully an acceptance:xf: and congrats on your acceptance and interviews also:thumbup:

Buffalo via snail mail

harvard snail mail no interview

First rejection at UMDNJ a few days ago..no interview

Buffalo...snail mail..two days ago.

Harvard and Stony Brook....post interview

Wasn't really expecting to get into Harvard with my undergrad

but Stony was my first choice :(

Life aint fair brotha

-UConn (no chance, very hard for an out of stater to get in),
-UNLV (wouldn't go there anyways. i'd prolly end up going into professional poker and money laundering)
-Creighton (liked the rejection letter they gave me; it was professional) -UMDNJ (wouldn't be comfortable living in Newark.)
-Loma Linda (I think they are really biased because I went to the most liberal school in the nation even though I am moderate. screw them.)
-Case Western (screw them as well. Cleveland is a dying city anyways.)

Shin did you ever get into BU?

Out of courtesy for other applicants, I withdrew a week after my interview. The associate dean said that if I was really interested and was willing to turn down Tufts, she would let me know ASAP. By that time, I already sent in my deposit. With all due respect to BU, I have come to realize in the last couple of weeks that I have made a good decision to stick with Tufts. There is a good pho place right next door as well. plus the YMCA, where I can go play some pickup ball. You play ball? We should try to set up an IM team at the school.

Out of courtesy for other applicants, I withdrew a week after my interview. The associate dean said that if I was really interested and was willing to turn down Tufts, she would let me know ASAP. By that time, I already sent in my deposit. With all due respect to BU, I have come to realize in the last couple of weeks that I have made a good decision to stick with Tufts. There is a good pho place right next door as well. plus the YMCA, where I can go play some pickup ball. You play ball? We should try to set up an IM team at the school.

Play Ball? I will turn down a date with a beautiful girl to play ball, lol. I played on my high school team and play everyday at the YMCA I go to after work. I'm addicted to Ball and the boston celtics...i hope we have time to play though...

Case (Nov 4th)
NOVA (Nov 15th)
UCSF (Dec 17th)
Temple (Dec 18th)
NYU (Jan 28th)
Kentucky (Feb 13th)
Creighton (Feb 17th)
ASDOH (Feb 19th)

Good thing I applied to 19 schools. Still hoping for just one acceptance, even with lousy DAT scores. Best of luck to everyone who's still waiting.

Hey how did ASDOH tell you?

They sent me a letter in the mail. Funny story. They sent me the wrong letter at first. It said I was being denied because I didn't meet the 2.5 GPA requirement. I called them and they lady said whoops wrong letter but I still was denied. Not impressed.

Guys, I think it is wrap up for this cycle and we must buckle up for next cycle. :(

Stony Brook via snail mail today. I pretty much assumed it a long time ago. Oh well, NJDS here I come.

Creighton via AADSAS update ...

Louisville via email ...