Official Score reports ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ILP1997

Reaction score
For those who have taken the PCAT before in previous years, How accurate is the preliminary score compared to the official score reported after 5 weeks and also if a score if over 400 does that mean you will be above the 50th percentile ? Also is the writing score contributed in the overall composite thankss

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For those who have taken the PCAT before in previous years, How accurate is the preliminary score compared to the official score reported after 5 weeks and also if a score if over 400 does that mean you will be above the 50th percentile ? Also is the writing score contributed in the overall composite thankss
I have not taken it, but I have read many times that they are usually identical or very close to it.

Hey! I took it this year, so I cannot tell you about how my scores compared yet, but it seems as though they do not change very often; if they do, they change by 1-2 percentile. I read a post once where someone claimed that his/her score increased by 5 percentile ranks–but I have never heard this from another person.

The writing section is given a score between 1 and 6 and it is given separately–it does not affect your composite score.

Hope this helps!