**Official SMDEP 2012 Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What the heck! All three of my schools are still blank :(

That is really weird since your application was completed a day before mine. It's probably because they haven't update the site? I don't really know.

Members don't see this ad.

perhaps the summer enrichment classes....when I returned to school in the fall I was a little ahead of everyone ...that was a major +....got an A in my biology course :).....O yea and the shadowing ...cant' forget the shadowing....I shadowed in the pathology, pediatrics and neonatal departments.

That sounds really great!

What date did your say it was completed?

I completed Jan31st.

It's probably because you completed the application after Feb. 1st. I did, and all three schools on my status page are completely blank.

That also makes sense because we get our decisions on the first, compared to the "earlier" applicants who get their decisions on the 15th. I'm sure that after the first round is over on the 15th, we'll all start getting our stuff reviewed! :)

I didn't complete after Feb 1st. I completed before Feb 1st. I don't know. I'll give them a call Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was completed on the 20th so maybe they are going by the date. Plus they are not the best when it comes to updating their website. So technically your apps could be under review.

UMDNJ, UVA, Duke.
Yeah, if i were you i would definitely call Monday. Make sure you call in the morning or you'll be stuck on hold for God knows how long. I'm betting that they just haven't updated your info online especially considering the results for the first round are coming out on Wed. They may be really swamped at the moment.

so what does it mean if some of the sites are still blank in the application status?

so what does it mean if some of the sites are still blank in the application status?
One of mine is still blank. It just means that they are too lazy to actually upload the "application is in review" sign. Do not worry about it. You will still get an answer by the 15th if you applied before Feb.1st

One of mine is still blank. It just means that they are too lazy to actually upload the "application is in review" sign. Do not worry about it. You will still get an answer by the 15th if you applied before Feb.1st

OK, thanks!

I attended Smdep Duke this past summer, if anyone is interested in my experience:) honestly this program is a essential experience for anyone who's pre med or pre dental. I must warn you, duke is actually the toughest site out of all of them, but it the end it was worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I attended Smdep Duke this past summer, if anyone is interested in my experience:) honestly this program is a essential experience for anyone who's pre med or pre dental. I must warn you, duke is actually the toughest site out of all of them, but it the end it was worth it.

What were some of your most favorite parts of the program?

What were some of your most favorite parts of the program?
I really enjoyed shadowing and having patient-doctor simulations, as well as having mock interviews with actual admission officers. I also enjoyed the fun trips we had on the weekends and getting to know the area.

So, I am highly agitated right now. I called them earlier and was on hold for about 50mins and the phone disconnected. I was on my way to class so I was like whatever, i'l just call tomorrow as soon as they open. Anyway, I just got back from class and went to check my status, to see if by some miracle, my schools have updated anything. Well I click on 'View Status' and it has CHANGED my completion date from Jan31st to today at 1:54pm. I have NO idea why. They had all my transcripts and LOR's. I never changed anything in my application either. I am so furious and they are closed which means I have to stay highly agitated alllll night. There is no way I will make it for wednesday's announcement now. Especially if none of the schools have even looked at my application and I can't rectify it until the day before.

Sorry guys for complaining. I'm just kawawa :(

Hmm... I just got a email from SMDEP about decision day. I'm surprised how quickly we have to accept, "The acceptance offers will expire on Friday, February 17 at 5:00 p.m. EST. " I knew it was two days but wow. I also guess decisions are out by 5 pm Wednesday then.

So, I am highly agitated right now. I called them earlier and was on hold for about 50mins and the phone disconnected. I was on my way to class so I was like whatever, i'l just call tomorrow as soon as they open. Anyway, I just got back from class and went to check my status, to see if by some miracle, my schools have updated anything. Well I click on 'View Status' and it has CHANGED my completion date from Jan31st to today at 1:54pm. I have NO idea why. They had all my transcripts and LOR's. I never changed anything in my application either. I am so furious and they are closed which means I have to stay highly agitated alllll night. There is no way I will make it for wednesday's announcement now. Especially if none of the schools have even looked at my application and I can't rectify it until the day before.

Sorry guys for complaining. I'm just kawawa :(

I'm really sorry to hear that. I have no idea why they would do that, but did you at least receive an email from Reene Hubb about the decision date? The email told applicants that if you completed your application before Feb 1st but haven't yet received the decision on Feb 15, you should call them. Did you get the email? If not, you should do so on February 15th, and explain them your situation. Did they change the date that you submitted your application too?

That is really unfortunate. I hope everything works out for you. :)

As for me, my application was FINALLY completed this afternoon; unfortunately, I won't get a decision on Wednesday. Does anyone know when the next batch of decisions will be sent out? I read "March 1st for applications completed after February 1st" on the status page, but then again I saw a date of April 1st on the main SMDEP website. which one is which, if anyone knows?

Also, they didn't get one of my LORs... I wonder if it's worth the effort to call and ask if they have received my second one...

all of my apps are "in review" now :D I'm so happy! good luck everyone! are we going to post our admission results here?

did it help you academically? in your science course, that is.

I also applied for SMDEP along with a research program. For anyone that was wondering I had my transcripts and LORs sent out on the 23rd of January however, the website still showed a blank next to those items this morning. I called SMDEP at 3 today and the lady who answered said that they received everything except one of my LORs. Once I refreshed the page the blanks next to my transcripts and one of my LORs turned to Received. Now my application says that it was completed today at 3:05pm. Even though your statues says that they did not receive your materials, they might have. I would caution you to hurry and call so that they can mark you application as completed becuase if I did not call today my application would not have been available for view by my program sites.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I have no idea why they would do that, but did you at least receive an email from Reene Hubb about the decision date? The email told applicants that if you completed your application before Feb 1st but haven't yet received the decision on Feb 15, you should call them. Did you get the email? If not, you should do so on February 15th, and explain them your situation. Did they change the date that you submitted your application too?
What email are you guys talking about? I have received nothing from SMDEP :/

I'm SOOO NERVOUS as of today Columbia and UW have put "in review" for my application but Duke has not even though they called me about 2 weeks ago to check on my classes. My application was complete on January 11th. Also I'm a freshman african american, female and got a 3.78 my first quarter at University of Washington. I'm now attending USC. I come from a low income first generation in my family my personal statement was about my sibling and his illness and how it influenced me to want to go to pre med. What do you guys think are my chances for duke or columbia?? I'm sooooo nervous and scared !!

The last time I heard from Renee was to tell me that my LOR was still missing but that was back in Jan. I haven't rcd an email about decision day. I sent an email to the SMDEP address but I am still going to call them in the morning. I will be so upset it I get delayed, I put a rush on everything so it will get there before 1st Feb and it will be for nothing :(

I'm SOOO NERVOUS as of today Columbia and UW have put "in review" for my application but Duke has not even though they called me about 2 weeks ago to check on my classes. My application was complete on January 11th. Also I'm a freshman african american, female and got a 3.78 my first quarter at University of Washington. I'm now attending USC. I come from a low income first generation in my family my personal statement was about my sibling and his illness and how it influenced me to want to go to pre med. What do you guys think are my chances for duke or columbia?? I'm sooooo nervous and scared !!
Wow, i cant help but think how much we have in common. I go to UW, African, Freshman, applied to Columbia, UW but Yale and not Duke. Obviously Duke and Columbia are very competitive but you have a strong gpa, URM and it just really depends on how strong your essays were. That will either make you or break you in the end. I heard they really put a great emphasis on essays over anything else.Either way, we find out in a couple of days.Good luck to you!

Does anyone know how exactly stipend and financial assistance is provided to the scholars? Are they given to each student as a check or cash? Or is it a credit?

so nervous, 2 of my schools have been "in review" for a while, but Howard hasn't done anything. Its just blank next to the site name. Does anyone know if this means they haven't reviewed it, or if its just slow to update?

Hey, I applied to howard, columbia and duke. (sophomore) Completed 1/31. My sites have been blank unitil today. Howard and columbia are now in review. I don't know whats taking Duke so long. Good luck to everyone. I probably won't sleep tonight with all the anticipation.

Haha, don't lose your sleep because of that. The decisions are not automatically released, and the sites start releasing the decision after 9 in the morning. It's not like you will receive an email as soon as the clock hits 12am.

so nervous, 2 of my schools have been "in review" for a while, but Howard hasn't done anything. Its just blank next to the site name. Does anyone know if this means they haven't reviewed it, or if its just slow to update?
Its probably just really slow to update. My U of Wa one just went under review early morning today. I was complete by Jan. 11th. Dont worry about it and GOOOOODDDD LUUUCCCKKK TOOO USSS ALLLLL. Tomorrow is almost here

my application was completed since jan 11th and Duke JUST finally put "application in review" today even though they called me two weeks ago. i also applied to columbia but had "application in review" for the last 10 days...what about you??

Hey, I applied to howard, columbia and duke. (sophomore) Completed 1/31. My sites have been blank unitil today. Howard and columbia are now in review. I don't know whats taking Duke so long. Good luck to everyone. I probably won't sleep tonight with all the anticipation.
Duke is taking forever for me too and mines been complete since Jan. 20th. I also haven't received a call from them either.

did anyone else ever get a call from Columbia? also do we do the the smdep website to find out the results? or do we get an email?
thanks! <3

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! :D Looks like i'll be waiting the for the second announcement :(

Good luck everyone! Does anyone know when and how the decisions are expected to be released?

Hey I just got my admissions decision
GPA 3.6
Black, Hispanic, White, Female
Decent Essays

Accepted to: Columbia and Yale
Rejected: UVA

Im going to go to Columbia

Decisions have been released for me!!!!!! I got accepted into the duke and yale programs and rejected at columbia.

WHAAAAAAATTT?HOW Did you guys get your decisions so fast? Did they send an email and CONGRAAATTSSSSSSSSSSS:love:

it was on the website. My application was completed on 12/16/2011 12:08 PM
Maybe thats why?

Oh i just got mine. Got in to U of Wa but rejected at Columbia and Yale
Stats: 3.95
URM, Pretty good essays. Good luck to the rest of you!

just saw mine! accepted to Howard, still waiting on UMNDJ (has anyone received acceptance?) and rejected by Columbia :p Good luck to all of you!

I only got one decision out, rejected from Columbia, and the other two are still are blank. Looks like I would be giving them a call tomorrow.

Got accepted to Duke, Texas-Houston, and Yale. Don't know what to choose! Ahh!!
:soexcited: :confused::biglove:

UCLA!
Whose joining me?!

And congratulations to everyone else, this will be an awesome summer.