*** Official Temple University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted today!! Interviewed on Nov. 19th.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who choose to go with Jefferson, Why did you guys decide to go to Jefferson but not Temple?

Reactions: 1 user
For those who choose to go with Jefferson, Why did you guys decide to go to Jefferson but not Temple?

I was going thru alot of issues choosing between the two schools. I know a lot of the students at temple and alot of the p1 students said their average for the exams are 50-60s, the exams are really hard and they already know some ppl who are dropping. Alot of students are struggling. They don't curve, and they changed the curriculum alot for the p1. Most of them aren't involved in extra curricular activities bc they don't have time
For jefferson the exam average are 70s-80s. I have to take microbiology and tuition is higher, but I won't be struggling for 4 years, alot of students are very involved in the community and that's something that I want. Plus jefferson has the best residency program in Philadelphia. And of course better location, and better hospital for rotations.
These are my own personal reasons as to why I chose jefferson.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What does the strength of their residency program have to do with going as a pharmacy student?

Because I want to do residency after
Like i said its my own personal choice

What does the strength of their residency program have to do with going as a pharmacy student?

Because I want to work in the hospital, if you want to work in the hospital you need to do residency. Like I said it's a personal choice

can anybody share what type of questions were asked in the interview???

can anybody share what type of questions were asked in the interview???
My interview was very straight forward--- pretty much google what you would be asked for a job or grad school and those are the types of questions that I (personally from my interviewer) asked. There were no gotcha questions... It's a group interview if you haven't heard and it's very relaxed/laid back. If possible try to answer 1st or 2nd--- I think it shows initiative and preparedness. Good luck!

Totally forgot I registered my pharmCAS with an email that different than my student one. So I been waiting for responses from all the schools I applied in the email that doesn't even matter :(((( Anyway, I got the notification from Temple that they received my supplemental application. When should I expect an invitation for the interview, anyone knows?

Totally forgot I registered my pharmCAS with an email that different than my student one. So I been waiting for responses from all the schools I applied in the email that doesn't even matter :(((( Anyway, I got the notification from Temple that they received my supplemental application. When should I expect an invitation for the interview, anyone knows?
I received my invitation for the interview the following day after temple notified me that they received my supplemental application. Good luck!

I was going thru alot of issues choosing between the two schools. I know a lot of the students at temple and alot of the p1 students said their average for the exams are 50-60s, the exams are really hard and they already know some ppl who are dropping. Alot of students are struggling. They don't curve, and they changed the curriculum alot for the p1. Most of them aren't involved in extra curricular activities bc they don't have time
For jefferson the exam average are 70s-80s. I have to take microbiology and tuition is higher, but I won't be struggling for 4 years, alot of students are very involved in the community and that's something that I want. Plus jefferson has the best residency program in Philadelphia. And of course better location, and better hospital for rotations.
These are my own personal reasons as to why I chose jefferson.

Posted using SDN Mobile

I am glad you made your decision but just to clear a few things for people considering temple: The averages for PY1 classes were NOT ALL 50's and 60's. I am PY1, Yes, our curriculum was changed slightly and We had a new class Immunology with a new professor and that was the class with the lowest averages: 64 and 68 (for exams 1 and 2) and the professor took out some unfair questions which brought the finals up to 73. However, the average for the finals for that same class was 87. The average for all the other classes were in the 70's and 80's. In temple we are one BIG family. If you work very hard and put in your best, the professors would definitely help you. I got accepted into Thomas Jefferson, Temple, LECOM, USP and Farleigh Dickson. I chose Temple and I have NOT regretted my decision. NOT once. I love love love Temple University. I am not the smartest student but I am a hard worker, and I worked hard this semester and made really good grades. Everyone I know that worked hard ended up with good grades. Besides Temple has been around for years, Over `100 years and has a great reputation so why not? I know it is very sticky when trying to decide between schools and I hope you make the best decision for YOU and not based on hearsay. I wish you guys all the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
heeyebsx3, she said interviews start in two weeks. I just picked a date and she said ok. Am not really sure about date options. sorry

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I found the facebook group for TUSP class of 2019. Ms Joan Hankins is the admin/creator of the group. The group is called HOOTER T. OWL'S PHARMACY CLASS OF 2019. There are only 4 people in the group right now, including me. So everyone should join! (If you plan on attending, that is)

Last edited:
Interviewed on thursday 2/5 and was accepted the next day with a scholarship. Also got into Jefferson.

anyone know what to do if you were accepted but don't want to send in deposit yet because you are waiting to hear from other places?

anyone know what to do if you were accepted but don't want to send in deposit yet because you are waiting to hear from other places?
If your waiting fo Maryland I would pay because you wont hear back until April.

good detective work- have you gotten into either?

Hi guys, I just had an interview on last Tuesday. I haven't heard any responses from school yet. How long does it take to know if we got accepted or not after interview? And, I will not have all my pre-requisite courses completed until the end of Spring 2015. Does it affect the application process?

Are interviews still going throughout April or did they finish in March? I was waitlisted and hoping to hear something sooner then July.

I'm also waitlisted (since early November...). I'm not sure when they'll finish up bulk interviews (or if they have already). I did see that they were on the list that extended their application deadline to June 1st (although that's extended to certain individuals who ask for permission first). Hopefully they'll be getting back to us soon--- it would be nice to know sooner than later for planning purposes.

I think, if anything, you can call Joan in admissions--- she's really helpful/nice! Last time I spoke to her she said that they review the waitlist at the end of the semester (spring). You might also find out (from Joan) if we are ranked already-- which would give you a better idea of where you sit.

Yeah I did want to contact Joan, but didn't want to pester her if interviews are still going on. Do you know how the waitlist is going to be ranked? My GPA is high, but i didnt do that great on the PCAT.

/

Last edited:
Anyone know what the class size will be and when will people on waitlist here back? The anxiety is real

I had an interview last week and was accepted via email not too long after. Apparently class size is about 160 students.

Last edited:
Does anyone also know the waitlist size? I'm currently on it and not even sure where on the waitlist I am at.

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet?
No not yet. I called Joan on Wednesday and she said they will start looking at the wait list after memorial day. She did not tell me how many people are on the wait list or how its ranked.

any updates on the waitlist status? I just want to know my decision regardless of whether i got in or not, the wait is killing me.

Its killing me too. I haven't heard anything yet.

I think the class is full, so they're not gonna pull off anyone from waitlist.

oh i just got accepted to my back up school and i am waiting for my top choices. Temple is a great school tho!
I just dont think i will be attending here even if i get accepted :p i am CA resident
Hey why is it great school ? want apply but tuition seems soo high and building poor construction, ghetto neighborhood. is it safe or good here and why

anyone who applied here got interview with below 3.0 gpa, i have below 3