Official Temple University School of Pharmacy Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Well Temple doesn't just require a date of when you had your vaccines, they require proof. So you'll have to be referred to a lab so that blood can be taken. At the lab they will determine whether or not you still have the antibodies for the different vaccines in your blood--if not, then you have to get vaccinated again. Temple requires not only the filled out form, but also the lab results. I think you can go down to Temple's hospital/doc and see if they can do the lab work for you if your insurance doesn't cover it. Regardless, they want the info by aug 12th.
 
Has anyone heard about parking? Anyone's check cashed yet? Unlucky me got the forms a week late since they sent the info to my old address. I'm still hoping though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'm also having trouble with these forms. I know that we have to have these forms checked out by our family physician, but do they also need us to go to a clinic so that they check our blood for the lab reports? And if so, do they need a lab reports for ALL the antibody titers?

Also, for Temple students, which clinic did you go to do your antibody testing? I came from OH and only plan to stay in philly for 4days-1week so which clinic/hospital do you suggest me to go?(with and without insurance)

Thanks for your help!
 
peanutkae said:
Hi! I'm also having trouble with these forms. I know that we have to have these forms checked out by our family physician, but do they also need us to go to a clinic so that they check our blood for the lab reports? And if so, do they need a lab reports for ALL the antibody titers?

Also, for Temple students, which clinic did you go to do your antibody testing? I came from OH and only plan to stay in philly for 4days-1week so which clinic/hospital do you suggest me to go?(with and without insurance)

Thanks for your help!
You family physician should refer you to a lab (I went to an out-patient lab of a nearby hospital) that you can do your blood tests. I'm assuming that testing want lab results for most of the anitbody titers (it specifies which ones on the form--I don't have my form now but I know that measles, mumps, rubella, Hep B, TB, and I think the vacirella). Check out the link and it gives all the info you need. http://www.temple.edu/studhealth/HSC_Students.htm

As for which clinic to go to, I would call the Temple hospital (contact info on the letter they sent as well) and ask them if you can get your bloodwork done there. I think they stated that they could do it there for a discounted price (but I could be mistaken--it should be on the webpage also.)
 
How long did it take you to get your lab results? And also, there's only "copy of lab reports required" under the Hepatitis B titer, do they need the blood analysis for only that?
 
all these forms and immunizations and lab reports suck. Anyways anyone else excited about starting school this fall? Im very anxious and excited to meet all the new people and environment.
How many of you temple people are actually from philly? And who here is planning on dorming vs commuting?
I myself am from philly and i only live like 20 mins from the school so i will be commuting.
 
Superflyjsc said:
all these forms and immunizations and lab reports suck.
They sure do. My old PCP is on vacation, & my new doc needs my old immunization records. A mess.

Superflyjsc said:
Anyways anyone else excited about starting school this fall? Im very anxious and excited to meet all the new people and environment.
VERY excited.

Superflyjsc said:
How many of you temple people are actually from philly? And who here is planning on dorming vs commuting?
I myself am from philly and i only live like 20 mins from the school so i will be commuting.
I'm from Philly suburbs (Delaware County) & will commute via my car & Septa's blue & orange lines. The subway attack (at the Chinatown station of orange line's spur) earlier this week unnerved me, but I will still be taking Septa to school. I cannot stomach the rush-hour traffic down there. I'm a wimp and a baby when it comes to driving.
 
Hopefully my immunization forms will be finished today. We shall see though. As for starting school, I can hardly wait. 🙂 Since I'm from the suburbs as well (on the line between chester county and delaware county), I haven't decided how I will be commuting to school. Either driving downtown or taking the rail and then the orange line. Regardless it will take longer than I would like, but I'll deal with it.
 
I'm from Philly (born and raised). I will definitely commute; it's only an 8 minute subway ride from my home so you guys should definitely come hang out.
 
By the way, how long did it take you guys to complete your medical check-up and immunizations? I ask because I'm at Stony Brook University for the last 8 weeks and will be there until August 5th. I haven't got the time to go get check up so I need to know if it takes a long time to complete. That way, I'll make an emergency trip back home to Philly to see my doctor.

Somebody, please answer this.
 
I am wondering where a nice place to live in philly is. Could anyone tell me about the different neighbourhoods in philadelphia - where do most temple students rent apartments - I would really appreciate your comments!

Thank you !
 
RUN DMV said:
By the way, how long did it take you guys to complete your medical check-up and immunizations? I ask because I'm at Stony Brook University for the last 8 weeks and will be there until August 5th. I haven't got the time to go get check up so I need to know if it takes a long time to complete. That way, I'll make an emergency trip back home to Philly to see my doctor.

Somebody, please answer this.
It took me about a week--you have to see your PCP, and then they have to order blood tests which takes several days to get the results back. Then you'll have to go back and pick up the forms your PCP filled out and copies of the blood results.
 
Mapi said:
I am wondering where a nice place to live in philly is. Could anyone tell me about the different neighbourhoods in philadelphia - where do most temple students rent apartments - I would really appreciate your comments!

Thank you !

there are couple options you can take. you can go through graduate housing office in temple or find your own. if you go through school, most likely they will place you in the triangle graduate apts at the main campus. there is shuttle that goes between HSC to main quite frequently. You can also find your place of your own. best bet is on line search, craigslist and 4wallphilly.com is pretty popular. if you get the apt, make sure you have a way to commute to school. ask the apt complex whether you will have to pay for parking etc. i live in east fall/roxbrough area. it is 5 minute commute from school works out very nicely for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! Orientation is tommorow! Anybody excited?

Quick question: Are there lots of parties and social activities at Temple Pharmacy School?
 
Yep, definitely excited.

For those of you curious, orientation is scheduled to be from 9am to 4pm.

See you there!

don't know about the parties and social events at the school. I'm sure there are plenty though. 😀
 
craziness824 said:
Yep, definitely excited.

For those of you curious, orientation is scheduled to be from 9am to 4pm.

See you there!

don't know about the parties and social events at the school. I'm sure there are plenty though. 😀

lol guys. it is not that exciting... you will be hearing a lot of basic information so you have some clue once school starts. see you tomorrow.

p.s. bring lunch. (no we dont feed you) no there aren't any scheduled social events after the orientation.
 
kwakster928 said:
lol guys. it is not that exciting... you will be hearing a lot of basic information so you have some clue once school starts. see you tomorrow.

p.s. bring lunch. (no we dont feed you) no there aren't any scheduled social events after the orientation.


Damn, no social events? this is gonna suck! Are there going to be at least some when school will start?