Official TMDSAS (applying in Texas) thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txkiwieyes

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to know how many of you are reapplying for the Texas Med schools this year.

I'm currently waitlisted at two schools, but have holded out way too long and just started on my re-application this weekend for the Class of 2006.

Anyone out there know if now is kinda' late for submitting my app? or is the June 1st rule just for AMCAS schools?

:p txkiwieyes

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not applying to both apps till july. why apply early? they won't look it over till later anyway.

I'm on 3 waitlists and i'm applying already...i actually went ahead and submitted both my TMDSAS and AMCAS. I would much rather bite the bullet and spend the money on the apps, rather than wish i would have done so later. oh well...GL to all

Members don't see this ad :)
BaylorGuy said:
I'm on 3 waitlists and i'm applying already...i actually went ahead and submitted both my TMDSAS and AMCAS. I would much rather bite the bullet and spend the money on the apps, rather than wish i would have done so later. oh well...GL to all

where were u waitlisted at? if you don't mind me asking...

as for me, it was UTSA & UTH.

waitlists are at a stand still right now... i bet the schools just threw 'em out the window already.... :(

waitlisted at UTMB, Ohio State, and Iowa....I've heard from many of my co-workers that its very very hard to get off the waitlist at the Texas schools. Because of the whole match system, it tries to give everyone their top spot and thus leaves little room for people off the waitlist (perhaps 10-12)