*******Official UCLA Class of 2012 Thread********

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shunwei

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen one of these around, so I thought that I'd start a thread to meet my future classmates. Congrats to all who got accepted and I look forward to building life-long friendships with you folks.

Members don't see this ad.

OO ME ME ME! :)

sooo excited..im 96% sure now that this is the place for me :)

are u choosing ucla as well, shunwei?

Members don't see this ad :)
bump for ucla

go bruins!

I'm there too! See you all in fall!

I made up my mind. UCLA '12 :)
HIGH FIVE!:thumbup:

There's a fifty percent chance that I will be there. Its just down to UCLA and UPenn now. This is by far the hardest decision I have ever had to make. They are both such great schools. I'm glad I have a month to really figure it out.

I'll probably be there........I wonder when the last time a Michigander went to UCLA dental school......

I'll probably be there........I wonder when the last time a Michigander went to UCLA dental school......

We had a Michigander in the class of '07, upper peninsula I think.

Just sent my deposit :D

Congrats to everyone. Looking forward to seeing new faces :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just paid. I'm in.

Well, there goes $1,000........but here comes UCLA!!

Great, let's get the party started :D

Just paid. I'm in.

Nice, you're coming to UCLA after all. See you in Sept.

hattrack04 said:
Well, there goes $1,000........but here comes UCLA!!

Good, I need a solid person to take ski trips with.

Looks like we'll have a good group for trips to the mountains or lake (if we have time).

So for the last month I was planning on going to Penn. I sent them my deposit, and started to get things ready to head to Philadelphia next year. But the last week I had this feeling like UCLA would be the better option, so I changed my mind. I just put my deposit in at UCLA, and I'm going to call Penn tomorrow and withdraw my acceptance. UCLA here I come. Oh man, I can't believe it. I'm starting to regret wasting the 500 dollars at Penn, but I needed time to make up my mind. Has anyone made a facebook group yet? If not, I'll make one.

i'll be joining you guys if I dont hear back from my state school

Is anyone going next year married? If so, where are you going to live? I applied tonight for the married housing, but when I talked to Noemi today she made it sound like it isn't a guarantee to get in, so I was going to start looking at other options.

just in case anyone else was wondering - I talked to Noemi yesterday and she said that after you put in your deposit, you can apply for UCLA housing (unfortunately it costs 30 dollars just to apply). From what I understood, they have a lottery, because its not guaranteed that you will get a spot where you want to. She also told me that it is easier to get a spot if you put your availability date earlier in the summer than Sept 1st, because everyone tries to get in for Sept.

just in case anyone else was wondering - I talked to Noemi yesterday and she said that after you put in your deposit, you can apply for UCLA housing (unfortunately it costs 30 dollars just to apply). From what I understood, they have a lottery, because its not guaranteed that you will get a spot where you want to. She also told me that it is easier to get a spot if you put your availability date earlier in the summer than Sept 1st, because everyone tries to get in for Sept.

I might add that for Venice/Barry and Keyston/Mentone, the waitlist is six months.

Dayfu17,
Do you know if you live in resident housing and have a serious girlfriend, if she is allowed to live with you? This is my situation and I was wondering if the housing would allow it, or if I should just get an apartment for 4 years.

UCLA4Lifer,
Thats a tough question. I know that for the family housing you have to be married or be in a domestic partnership, and the other graduate housing (weyburn) looks like the bedrooms are really small and they don't let queen size beds. So you might want to call them and ask. Your best bet may just be private housing. Good luck!

UCLA4Lifer,
Thats a tough question. I know that for the family housing you have to be married or be in a domestic partnership, and the other graduate housing (weyburn) looks like the bedrooms are really small and they don't let queen size beds. So you might want to call them and ask. Your best bet may just be private housing. Good luck!

For Weyburn studios, queen size beds can fit. They say a full or twin is ideal, but I have a queen size in my place and it fits perfect. There isn't someone checking the size of your bed when you move in so don't worry about it.

For Weyburn studios, queen size beds can fit. They say a full or twin is ideal, but I have a queen size in my place and it fits perfect. There isn't someone checking the size of your bed when you move in so don't worry about it.

How long does it take to find out whether or not we have been given a room at Weyburn?? Do they wait until they have filled the entire class before making decisions??

How long does it take to find out whether or not we have been given a room at Weyburn?? Do they wait until they have filled the entire class before making decisions??

I think I found out in May or June

hey does anyone that is going to UCLA next year play soccer? Because I was thinking about getting an intramural team together from the Dental school. I'll try to get kids from the other classes too. Also, I'm going to be heading out to LA this summer, probably in July, so if anyone is going to be there and wants to go to the play tennis or golf, let me know, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to be doing one or the other every day.

hey, does anyone know why my signature shows up sometimes, but then isn't there other times?

hey does anyone that is going to UCLA next year play soccer? Because I was thinking about getting an intramural team together from the Dental school. I'll try to get kids from the other classes too. Also, I'm going to be heading out to LA this summer, probably in July, so if anyone is going to be there and wants to go to the play tennis or golf, let me know, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to be doing one or the other every day.

I'd love to play soccer, or any other intramural sports team: flag football, softball, broomball, innertube water polo........and I probably won't be moving until late Aug

hey, does anyone know why my signature shows up sometimes, but then isn't there other times?

Sweet. I love soccer but really haven't played at all since youth soccer leagues. I miss it. Tennis has been on and off since the High school team but I'd love to get started again. I don't know when I'm moving in, but I only live a couple hours away

I think the Sig only shows up on your first post in a thread or on a page

Sweet. I love soccer but really haven't played at all since youth soccer leagues. I miss it. Tennis has been on and off since the High school team but I'd love to get started again. I don't know when I'm moving in, but I only live a couple hours away

I think the Sig only shows up on your first post in a thread or on a page

Hey, thanks man, that totally makes sense... if you come into LA at all this summer, pm me and get my phone number, lets definitely get together and play some tennis.

Sweet. I love soccer but really haven't played at all since youth soccer leagues. I miss it. Tennis has been on and off since the High school team but I'd love to get started again.

Same for me and I'd play any intramural sports too. I love golf, but can't afford to play as much as I'd like to.

I like golf, but in all honesty I am pretty bad.........extremely inconsistant......usually slice my drives, decent with irons, but my short game is really bad (chipping), putting is not bad.............I'd much rather go play raquetball, drop-in hockey, or soccer

I'm not great at golf either, but its definitely something that I want to get better at. I'm sure that we will be able to find some decent courses that aren't too expensive. I want to get good enough that I can go play with other people and not have to apologize for how much I suck. haha.

I'm not great at golf either, but its definitely something that I want to get better at. I'm sure that we will be able to find some decent courses that aren't too expensive. I want to get good enough that I can go play with other people and not have to apologize for how much I suck. haha.

well then I'm right there with ya!

Does anyone work out regularly or would like to start? It would be cool to have a work out buddy. I go 4-5 days a week now but with the difficult school load I'd aim for about 3-4.

Does anyone work out regularly or would like to start? It would be cool to have a work out buddy. I go 4-5 days a week now but with the difficult school load I'd aim for about 3-4.

I'd be down

Any word on anymore scholarship offers from UCLA?

Any one get the second packet of information they said they would be sending out?

Noemi said she would be mailing a packet out in april.