*******Official UCLA Class of 2012 Thread********

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
count me in!

Members don't see this ad.

Nice! I think you actually gave me some advice when I was still deciding between Penn and UCLA......so thanks for the help! and see you in sept!

I really liked Penn too. Too bad they didnt give me any love.

But man oh man... UCLA!

Members don't see this ad :)
California but I'll be certainly rooting for the NY Giants this Sunday

guys...iv been forced to come to my senses...iv been obsessed with ucsf since a wee lil kid for no reason but my sister went there...not a great reason...ucla has the program i want and omg the campus is perfect..im so scared to go so far, but yes, i am going to ucla!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: now to find a roommate and housing!

California but I'll be certainly rooting for the NY Giants this Sunday

Me too, I can't stand the Pats. I'm glad there are some other sports fans going next year...

guys...iv been forced to come to my senses...iv been obsessed with ucsf since a wee lil kid for no reason but my sister went there...not a great reason...ucla has the program i want and omg the campus is perfect..im so scared to go so far, but yes, i am going to ucla!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: now to find a roommate and housing!

You have chosen wisely. :thumbup::thumbup: I was also intimidated by the thought of leaving The Bay but its also a huge part of the appeal. We're gonna spend a good chunk of our 20's (most of us its 20's) in D-school and by the time we get out we will have to join the working world. Gotta take some chances now while we still can. Think of all the cool things to do down there. Not to mention it is the best program in the country :D. The Bay is home and you can always come back to it.

thank you for the pep-talk--much needed....i just become so charmed by the beauty of ucsf and how it was my dream! i cant think when im in that library of theirs!...i gotta take a huge step--huge change!
You have chosen wisely. :thumbup::thumbup: I was also intimidated by the thought of leaving The Bay but its also a huge part of the appeal. We're gonna spend a good chunk of our 20's (most of us its 20's) in D-school and by the time we get out we will have to join the working world. Gotta take some chances now while we still can, Think of all the cool things to do down there. Not to mention it is the best program in the country :D. The Bay is home and you can always come back to it.

thank you for the pep-talk--much needed....i just become so charmed by the beauty of ucsf and how it was my dream! i cant think when im in that library of theirs!...i gotta take a huge step--huge change!

hey guys....I'm moving across the country!!! talk about change!!!! I'm pretty nervous about it all, but I know that it will be a tremendous learning experience....I thought my dream school was Penn....but then I realized that UCLA is just as good of a school, plus a great location, plus great sports (well it can't beat michigan football yet, but maybe while we are there for grad school)!

Nice! I think you actually gave me some advice when I was still deciding between Penn and UCLA......so thanks for the help! and see you in sept!

Pffffffft. I sometimes kinda wish I had gone to Penn. :D

Not too far of a move for me, but LA is definitely going to be a change! What I'm most excited for: the weather, it's in the 60's this week! :D

UNR.grad - I hear you on the weather. I don't know what its been like in Nevada lately, but it has been snowing non stop for the last couple of weeks in Utah. I'm seriously sick of cold weather. Khala Jaan, thats great that you chose UCLA, looking forward to getting you know you this fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! bak at ya :)
UNR.grad - I hear you on the weather. I don't know what its been like in Nevada lately, but it has been snowing non stop for the last couple of weeks in Utah. I'm seriously sick of cold weather. Khala Jaan, thats great that you chose UCLA, looking forward to getting you know you this fall.

count me in!

Congrats! I got in yesterday too - now I have a hard decision to make.

Does anyone know what our choice of laptop is? Or whether it is a choice? I'd love to pick up a Mac this time around...

Just grab the mac and boot camp windows if you need it. That's what I do for some windows-only programs and it works fine.

Congrats!

Does anyone know what our choice of laptop is? Or whether it is a choice? I'd love to pick up a Mac this time around...

They definitely made it clear that you cannot use a mac with their clinic system. Someone in our group asked about what barrett suggested and they were adamant, no macs.

are you serious...
no macs?

thats terrible.

are you serious...
no macs?

thats terrible.

Yep we signed contracts acknowledging the fact that if admitted we would have to buy loupes, a non mac laptop, and something else but I forgot what the third was.

I signed that contract too.

Hmm, apparently I missed that part.

Yep we signed contracts acknowledging the fact that if admitted we would have to buy loupes, a non mac laptop, and something else but I forgot what the third was.

That we attend the orientation in mid sept. :thumbup:

I don"t know about that mac statment. On my interview tour i saw several students with macs on their lab benches

That we attend the orientation in mid sept. :thumbup:
Oh yeah that was it, haha. Small detail...:p

ucla4lifer said:
I don"t know about that mac statment. On my interview tour i saw several students with macs on there lab benches

I am almost positive about the no macs, can anyone else confirm this?

maybe it was an old rule, before mac's went to intel

I'm not positive, but i'm sure that you would be fine to have a mac and just have windows installed on it. I don't see why there would be a problem with that - since you would be able to run any programs that you needed to.

count me in kids. ucla looks nice :rolleyes:. fonz, i'd be your workout partner and whoever posted about intramural soccer - my sentiments exactly. i'm from northern california too...but the ucla big school atmosphere just really apeals. see you guys soon!

Oh yeah that was it, haha. Small detail...:p

I am almost positive about the no macs, can anyone else confirm this?

I also remember Dr. Bibb saying no macs allowed.

I also remember Dr. Bibb saying no macs allowed.

Yeah didn't she just make the switch to mac and then they said she couldn't use it?

yeah, dr bibb said she was a reformed windows user.

count me in kids. ucla looks nice :rolleyes:. fonz, i'd be your workout partner and whoever posted about intramural soccer - my sentiments exactly. i'm from northern california too...but the ucla big school atmosphere just really apeals. see you guys soon!

Can't wait to finally have a spotter and push some serious weight :thumbup: Oh and I was hoping for more people from northern, CA. Maybe we can carpool back home.

Can't wait to finally have a spotter and push some serious weight :thumbup: Oh and I was hoping for more people from northern, CA. Maybe we can carpool back home.

deal :cool:

Sacramento here.... would be tricky on carpools though if you're in the bay...

Hey guys!

I just sent in my deposite online. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!

-Joey

anybody start looking for a roommate?

^Thanks! and congrats to you too and everyone that got in!

i am going to start on my fafsa and look into housing. should we be doing anything else?

Thanks in advance!

^Thanks! and congrats to you too and everyone that got in!

i am going to start on my fafsa and look into housing. should we be doing anything else?

Thanks in advance!

Celebrate :hardy:

Does anyone know how binding the statement of intent to register is? Got my packet yesterday and while I'm 90% sure I'm going to UCLA there's a chance I might go to OHSU if they let me in because it's much, much closer to my family. Anyway I'm reluctant to sign the SIR because of this but if its not a huge deal to back out after signing it I might go ahead because they need it to process financial aid. Thanks for any advice!

Sorry I actually posted in the wrong forum! I'm actually going to the med school. But maybe there's the same thing for the dental school.

I'm in!!!! Can't wait to meet you all!

I'm in!!!! Can't wait to meet you all!

Congrats, MBran!

I just got my acceptance phone call this evening too... and I'm so excited! Can't wait to meet all of you in September!

Congrats! and Don't forget to join the facebook group :)

you too! and Slutskya...YOU SHOULD COME, TOO!!!!

Got my call this morning! WEE!!!

I think you guys who got in early don't understand the joy that comes with getting in late!

I'm from norcal too btw. =D Anyone play basketball?

Got my call this morning! WEE!!!

I think you guys who got in early don't understand the joy that comes with getting in late!

I'm from norcal too btw. =D Anyone play basketball?

I suck at basketball....but I'd still be willing to play to give you a good laugh :laugh:

How about ice hockey? anybody???

i dunno about ice hockey, but i'd be down for roller hockey. haven't played in a while tho.

I suck at basketball....but I'd still be willing to play to give you a good laugh :laugh:

How about ice hockey? anybody???

i suck at all sports....................but im willing to play anything.

hi guys, first of all congratulation to all that got in. I am taking my licensing exam next week and I was wondering if any of you that are near the LA area would like to get a free dental screening. I am looking for a specific cavity and if you get selected, the filling is free as well. This would benefit for you because first you get a free exam and filling and second you get to see how the state boards are run (since you'll be in my shoes not too long from now)

If you're interested, please email me on this thing

NOTE: you would have to be available on March 28th.

Thanks