***Official UMDNJ/NJDS Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I interviewed with both of you guys.. if it helps, I was the one who was late (and to my first interview too) :laugh:.

To which one?

Members don't see this ad.

so my status just changed from "invited for interview" to "received/under review" .. anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats everyone! any opinions on UMDNJ vs. Tufts?

Yeah Boston is cooler than Newark, but you will see some crazy stuff in Newark given the demographics inherent in a location like Newark. So that's something to keep in mind!

Boston will also provide a great case mix; I just bring up my point because I know many people are quick to knock Newark because it's not a great city ... but it's always good to be cognizant that though it may not be the best place to be socially, clinically, you'll see some weird cases ;) Plus, it's a quick train ride to NYC, so it's not like you don't have access to a cool city at all.

Class size and tuition may be other considerations as well ... good luck!

yeah I remember you! I was the one with all the questions...

yea i remember you, you're name is diane right? have you decided where you are going to go? i'm pretty set on umdnj..

Got the official phone call!!!!! Whooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely going there!! So EXCITED I think I need a drink!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It seems like UMDNJ has accepted a lot of out of state students. Maybe its just me

yea i remember you, you're name is diane right? have you decided where you are going to go? i'm pretty set on umdnj..

way to divulge my secret identity! J/K- You're close, Diana, not Diane. So that's 3 people who made it in out of our interview group so far. I'm pretty set on umdnj, although Boston does have its perks too. Right now I'm too happy to think clearly about this kinda stuff :rofl:

And just in case anyone is still freaking out, offer made definitely means you're in. Dr Linfante called me to congratulate me and I told him how I was freaking out about "offer made" rather than "accepted"...my friend kept saying it could be offer of rejection. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I remember you! I was the one with all the questions...

Haha, that's so funny because that's exactly how I remember you! That.. and I think you were wearing pink? It's weird the stuff you remember afterwards. And I'm pretty sure I sat next to myclue.

Oh, and to whoever asked- my first interview was NJ. I flipped out because I was literally 2 minutes late, and when I got there, they told me that my interviewer had already come, called my name, and left :scared:. Awesome way to start the process. :thumbup:

did everyone get a phone call from an admissions staff member?? or only a select few...

wwdaffodils, oooh i remember you at umdnj. i didnt know you were with us at nyu as well!

did everyone get a phone call from an admissions staff member?? or only a select few...

I did not get a call, but my AADSAS does state "offer made"!

SO...who is going to make the Facebook group lol

so my status just changed from "invited for interview" to "received/under review" .. anyone else in the same boat?

Yes... mine seems to have changed to that now too. I still had "invited for interview" earlier when everyone else's had already changed to "offer made"

Lets hope this is a good sign and not bad. Then again my UoP has been showing "under review" since forever... :confused:

Last edited:
Haha, that's so funny because that's exactly how I remember you! That.. and I think you were wearing pink? It's weird the stuff you remember afterwards. And I'm pretty sure I sat next to myclue.

Oh, and to whoever asked- my first interview was NJ. I flipped out because I was literally 2 minutes late, and when I got there, they told me that my interviewer had already come, called my name, and left :scared:. Awesome way to start the process. :thumbup:

Yup I did pink because I thought the suit looked so manly and I wanted to 'style' it a bit. Little did I know that NO ONE would wear anything but black and white. lol.

I don't think everyone got a call. The only reason I did was because my sister just graduated from there and because I saw Dr Linfante at a health symposium and told him how much I was freaking out about Dec 1st.

Soooo excited... this is my top choice... offer made babyyyyy!!!!!! Facebook me classmates... :love::love::love::love:

Marina Sereda
Rutgers '09

OFFER MADE via Aadsas:

Name: Scarlet Knight
Undergrad: Rutgers
Reside: New Jersey

R - U - R - U -R - U - R - U -R - U - R - U -R - U - R - U -R - U - R - U

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hell yea Rutgers!!!!!!

way to divulge my secret identity! J/K- You're close, Diana, not Diane. So that's 3 people who made it in out of our interview group so far. I'm pretty set on umdnj, although Boston does have its perks too. Right now I'm too happy to think clearly about this kinda stuff :rofl:

And just in case anyone is still freaking out, offer made definitely means you're in. Dr Linfante called me to congratulate me and I told him how I was freaking out about "offer made" rather than "accepted"...my friend kept saying it could be offer of rejection. lol

Diana!!! Go to UMDNJ!!! NYC>>>>>>>Boston :laugh:

So that's it, I'm the only one that isn't from Rutgers huh? :p

Anyone know if there's a way to find out how many total applicants there were? JC

It says "Offer Made".

So that's it, I'm the only one that isn't from Rutgers huh? :p

Anyone know if there's a way to find out how many total applicants there were? JC

I heard over 3000 this year.

I heard over 3000 this year.

Whoa :eek:...Same class size, like 90ish? Is there way to get an exact number? Where did you hear that btw?

Whoa :eek:...Same class size, like 90ish? Is there way to get an exact number? Where did you hear that btw?

Its what the lady who answered the phone said when I was asking about the app. It might go up a little more since they extended the deadline. And I think the class size is about the same, 90-95ish...but I'm not sure if that includes the BA/MD people too. Does anyone know?

Its what the lady who answered the phone said when I was asking about the app. It might go up a little more since they extended the deadline. And I think the class size is about the same, 90-95ish...but I'm not sure if that includes the BA/MD people too. Does anyone know?

I believe the 90ish number includes everyone, including those students who are a part of the 7-year program.

Did any of you guys received a "snail mail" acceptance from UMDNJ?

How about a scholarship offer? Dr. Linfante mentioned during interviews that they do offer some... I just wonder how and when..

Did any of you guys received a "snail mail" acceptance from UMDNJ?

How about a scholarship offer? Dr. Linfante mentioned during interviews that they do offer some... I just wonder how and when..

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I haven't been home all day, and I won't be home until 10:00 or later tonight. LONG DAY of class today haha. Hopefully it will be waiting for me at home :D, but I have no clue.

Scholarships, really? I know he did mention, but I can't imagine they are abundant or of great significance, no?

Gotcha, thanks. You think they would tell us the actual number when all is said and done? Did you ask her, or did she just mention it?

The rents just told me that I got my letter in the mail from UMDNJ. Goin to check that tonight!

I got my snail mail package today in the mail. I think I remember Dr. Linfante saying if a scholarship is offered it will be with the acceptance package.

YAY Offer made from UMDNJ

Undergrad: Rutgers
Resides: New Jersey

I got my snail mail package today in the mail. I think I remember Dr. Linfante saying if a scholarship is offered it will be with the acceptance package.

Well no dice for me in that department then haha

Yeah.. I remember something along those lines as well... but no one here seems to be offered anything.:annoyed:

Yeah.. I remember something along those lines as well... but no one here seems to be offered anything.:annoyed:

Were you expecting them too?

Can anyone confirm for sure that the scholarships are sent with acceptance, if in fact you were offered one?

Can anyone confirm for sure that the scholarships are sent with acceptance, if in fact you were offered one?

Yes, they were sent with the acceptances.

So is anyone definitely going?

Yes, they were sent with the acceptances.

Do you know of anyone who has received one? I'm wondering what scholarships they were offering and how many of them...

I tend to "expect" the sort of outcomes that will never lead to disappointment if you know what I mean.. but I'm asking all these questions here because we're the "early" batch of accepted candidates, so if anyone would be offered something, I'd think it would be from this early batch? No one has mentioned so far receiving any scholarship offers so that makes it all the more confusing + interesting to me.. that all.

Does anyone know how many interviews and offers NJDS has made so far?

Thanks ;)

I am 99% sure I'll be attending ... how about you?

As of now, I'm pretty sure that's my top choice. I have an interview at Columbia in January though, so I will also have to wait and see how that goes. But right now, and/or if I don't get into Columbia, almost definitely also.

Where you from? What are your other options?

Question to all the Rutgers Students...Where do we go to get the "Disciplinary Action Disclosure Form" filled out? Office of Registrar? How long will it take Rutgers to mail it out? UMDNJ is only giving us 10 business days to get this done...which seems a bit short notice

Hey I just went yesterday- you have to go to Office of the Deans its located on 115 college ave (Bishop House) in the center courtyard. Give it to a lady named Julia Yan (located on the 1st floor) she does her part and then hands it off to some other lady (Renee Schiffman) that deals with academic probation stuff out on cook/douglas campus. From what I understood it takes time on the Renee's end to fill out the form. Also bring a envelope and stamp-I had to go purchase one from the College Ave post office because I thought they would use their own.

Albuterol-
thanks so much for the info. Will be stopping by this Tuesday probably.

What am I expected to do about getting the Disciplinary Action Form done for schools that i am not currently attending? Should I just overnight mail copies of the form from the acceptance package to them, and then instruct them to overnight it to UMDNJ?

For the Cook or "SEBS" people, you can go to Martin Hall. Call the Dean's office first...they are very accommodating. I handed it in yesterday and they said they will have it out by Monday, which is within 10 days.

For the GSBS people, I just emailed Dr. Wagner and since she is already on the UMDNJ campus, she will probably get it done in a day or so.