***Official University of Buffalo SDM c/o 2013 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YAY!!!! :love::love::love:

Members don't see this ad.

YAY Buffalo!!!!! Soooo excited, congrats to everyone!!! :soexcited:

I got in!!!! Congrats everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
got in yes.. now i can sleep

Bump! I know more than 4 ppl got in on here, come on in buffalo ppls!

yess babyy, i got innnnnnnn

Let's go Buffalo!!!!!!!! Yeahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excited doesn't begin to describe the feelings i have right now!! Congrats to all of you!!! See you in august!!

Excited for Buffalo. Was a little scared after I had no AADSAS update, but feeling a buzz in my pocket, looking to find a 716 area code definitely made my day.

I had a good feeling about it when Buffalo lost and Miami won the game on Sunday! Whew!

See you all soon.

hello future classmates! Gotta do the BUMP so others can join us!

so....is it too soon for a facebook group??

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha.. definitely not! :D

as a sidenote: anatty - you're from canada right? do you know if canadians pay the same tuition as out-of-state US residents?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea trident, canadian = out of state. The difference is that I can't switch to in-state while I'm there since i'd have to get a green card first to become american etc. etc.
Did you create the group or should I?

hey, do you guys know the minimum gpa or grade that we have to get in order to keep the acceptance?

Last edited:
I'd probably say Bs to be safe, i mean you can relax but don't slack off completely you know?

If anyone knows, please help.

Last edited:
I don't think there is an exact minimum. They just don't want to see you completely slack off...

yeah, i am taking one graudate course now and it is killing me.

Last edited:
I got in...but ppl keep telling me that Buffalo is freezing.....I worry the "weather" a lot...any suggestion?:confused:

Based on GoGoBruin's name, I'd say he's from LA. I'm also from the Orange County area and got into Buffalo. Still deciding, can anyone from around the area tell me a little about life outside of school? Thanks

I am from LA..and recently the weather is freezing. I just wonder could I survive in buffalo?? Anyone has same experience.....????????

you just need a good coat and layers to survive, you won't freeze to death. It certainly will be a little bit of a shock for the first little while and then you'll adapt.

I got waitlisted.... so early. They said I might not hear anything till late spring. Anybody know anything about how the waitlist system at Buffalo works?

Congrats to you all.
I'm procrastinating for finals so i thought i'd throw in my 2 cents.
The weather here isn't that big of a deal. It does snow heavily every now and then, but it's not like living in the arctic. Just bundle up and trudge through the snow....all the buildings have heating..lol =P
...As for the city life. Buffalo is one of the cheapest cities you can find. Food and entertainment is very affordable and so is living costs (i.e. renting/buying housing or apartments)
..The night life is good also, we have tons of clubs and bars, niagra falls is only 20-25 mins away and then there's Toronto which is only 2 hours away (which is especially nice for us Canadians =D )
...As for the wait list...I applied in late nov last year and i was put on wait list and got accepted in mid June (I interviewed in early March). So the wait could be long...they want to see if there are other qualified applicants to fill their open seats.
Hope that helps

Does anyone know if we have to collect teeth? It wasn't in the acceptance packet.

Decided tonight to attend Buffalo. I'm stoked about it!

I have a friend who is interviewing at Buffalo on thursday of this week. I was wondering if now that you are all accepted, explainig exactly what this case study is and how it works and what the essay is about etc.. Ive heard that bauffalo is a wierd interview and its my friends first interview so he is really nervous and he asked me if I knew anything. I cancelled my interview there so I couldnt help him but I was hoping one of you would post some info on the interview.

I have a friend who is interviewing at Buffalo on thursday of this week. I was wondering if now that you are all accepted, explainig exactly what this case study is and how it works and what the essay is about etc.. Ive heard that bauffalo is a wierd interview and its my friends first interview so he is really nervous and he asked me if I knew anything. I cancelled my interview there so I couldnt help him but I was hoping one of you would post some info on the interview.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=584744
That thread tells a little about it.

The writing sample is really just to see if one can put together sentences coherently. They tell the interviewees right at the interview that they don't look at content so much as they do sentence structure. Tell your friend it was my first (and only) interview and I was extremely nervous but the faculty there is so nice and his nerves will go away as the morning presses on. I'm sure he will enjoy the day and learn a lot about how awesome Buffalo really is. Good Luck to your friend.

hoops is right, the ethics thing is also just to see if you are - well ethical. none of it is complicated in the least. The people at my interview day were so warm and accommodating (it was also my first interview), your friend doesn't have to be nervous at all

got the acceptance email =)

congrats, kramkrap and others who got accepted.
u gonna attend buffalo?

not sure yet, im leaning towards penn, even though its much more expensive... Im thinking that the interest rates for loans will be low now that the economy is changing, which was my major concern regarding loans atleast between the two schools. UB is a great school though, and I still might go there, i'm trying to make up my mind, but its killing me!

UB- good clinicals, great tution, everyones got a chair, but I want to do some serious research or try and maximize opportunity, I don't know if UB is up there in research schools.

PENN- great everything from what I've seen: faculty, city area, proximity to home, pre clinics (sim labs), lots of resources, lots of research, awesome alumni and network, and great specialty %'s (if I do in fact decide to specialize). One and a half negatives, we share chairs, (but hey kids seemed fine there), and the expensive tuition. (But with lower interest rates I'll be cool with it)

During the interview, I remember senior dental students talking about the research programs that are offered by the school during summer for D3 and D4 students. and they will pay you about 2-3k or something like that.

Does anyone know any other links I can find more info on Buffalo? Like specialty %'s? And personal feedback from UB students? Research? What exactly is happening in the Fall? -I heard they might be introducing some new stuff like sim labs... I liked it there, and I'm really having a hard time now in choosing schools.

I'm sure you could email the school and ask if they have any students you can contact for info about the school. Otherwise there are members on here who go to (or have gone to) UB that you could try to PM for more info. Where did you hear about the sim lab stuff? I didn't hear that but it would be cool.

yea, I heard they might be trying to revamp some of the curriculum next year. But doctor Brown also said that it might take a while and that no announcements will be made since no one really knows when it will take place.

just curious guys... has anyone heard back from buffalo since submitting your deposit? I sent mine around Christmas... can't wait till 8/5!!

just curious guys... has anyone heard back from buffalo since submitting your deposit? I sent mine around Christmas... can't wait till 8/5!!

I sent mine just before Christmas and on Monday got a letter back saying that they received my deposit. They gave me a cool window sticker too!!! Too bad I'm not big on window stickers. :thumbup: