****Official University of Kentucky Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey is anyone going to be in the interview group tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad.

Side note: A UK alum that I was talking to just got back from her 10 yr. reunion and said that they're adding 10 new OOS seats. Also you can imagine that the recent boom in their basketball program has had some benefit to the facilities...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is a hold for comparison email a soft rejection or are they actually still considering you?? I guess I'm more interested in if everybody gets this email or only select few

Last edited:
Side note: A UK alum that I was talking to just got back from her 10 yr. reunion and said that they're adding 10 new OOS seats. Also you can imagine that the recent boom in their basketball program has had some benefit to the facilities...
Is this confirmed? Does it apply for this year or is it next year on forward?

No clue, it's just what was passed on to me from alumni who just visited the program recently.
I think there might be some truth to it. I have a friend that goes there and he said they are interviewing more applicants this year compared to last year.

Is a hold for comparison email a soft rejection or are they actually still considering you?? I guess I'm more interested in if everybody gets this email or only select few

I think it depends on the nature of the "hold for comparison". I received two hold for comparison emails, but they were specific with regard to what I was missing. Once those pieces were received, I was invited for an interview.

I think it depends on the nature of the "hold for comparison". I received two hold for comparison emails, but they were specific with regard to what I was missing. Once those pieces were received, I was invited for an interview.
I got one today and this is what it said lol: "Your admission materials from the AADSAS Application Service were recently reviewed. Before making any final decisions on your status we would like to review more applications and will notify you by email when any status changes are made."

I got one today and this is what it said lol: "Your admission materials from the AADSAS Application Service were recently reviewed. Before making any final decisions on your status we would like to review more applications and will notify you by email when any status changes are made."

I can't say whether or no it's a soft rejection, but the email I received was a lot more specific. At the time my official scores had not been uploaded and I needed a dentist's recommendation.

I haven't received any type of response UK - not even a "hold for comparison" email. Is anyone else in the same boat as me - would it be a good idea to contact them?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone's status changed on aadsas for Kentucky? Mine is still "invited for interview."
Nope, all the schools I've interviewed at still say invited for interview.

I checked previous years thread, and it seems status usually changed on Tuesday the week of Thanksgiving. Maybe mine will change today, but as of right now it still say invited for interview.

I checked previous years thread, and it seems status usually changed on Tuesday the week of Thanksgiving. Maybe mine will change today, but as of right now it still say invited for interview.
Yea mine says the same.

I got the same thing 3 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything since. All parts are submitted too

what did it change to ?

Hi everyone! I am a first at UKCD and I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck! If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer. UK is a WONDERFUL school.

Hi everyone! I am a first at UKCD and I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck! If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer. UK is a WONDERFUL school.
Do you remember when did your status changed last year? Also does it mean anything if your status changes?

Also are they really adding 10 more oos seat?

Do you remember when did your status changed last year? Also does it mean anything if your status changes?
Honestly, I do not remember for sure but I was thinking mine stayed at "invited for interview" until a few weeks after I got my acceptance letter in the mail. Either way, it does not mean anything.

I know everything right now seems as though its a clue about your acceptance but you will not know until Dec. 1st and even then, if you are not immediately accepted, the turnover rate is pretty high. A lot of members of my class interviewed in Jan. Stay positive!

Honestly, I do not remember for sure but I was thinking mine stayed at "invited for interview" until a few weeks after I got my acceptance letter in the mail. Either way, it does not mean anything.

I know everything right now seems as though its a clue about your acceptance but you will not know until Dec. 1st and even then, if you are not immediately accepted, the turnover rate is pretty high. A lot of members of my class interviewed in Jan. Stay positive!
Does UK email or call about acceptances? And do they begin with instate acceptances first?

Does UK email or call about acceptances? And do they begin with instate acceptances first?
I am pretty sure all of the emails go out at the same time, it is an automated system. Also, I did not get a phone call for my acceptance. Just the email. :)

I am pretty sure all of the emails go out at the same time, it is an automated system. Also, I did not get a phone call for my acceptance. Just the email. :)
do you know what time they begin sending emails that day? Also, does it make any difference interviewing early?

do you know what time they begin sending emails that day? Also, does it make any difference interviewing early?
Did you interview early? I was told they make an informal decision at our interview day, and get together to vote around this time for official acceptance.

They should email around 12am.

Did you interview early? I was told they make an informal decision at our interview day, and get together to vote around this time for official acceptance.

They should email around 12am.

Yes, I interviewed in August. Oh, I see thanks!!!

Yep! like d3ntucky said, you should receive your email at 12am on Dec.1st. Also, I would personally think an earlier interview gives you a good chance considering:
A)They were interested in you enough on paper to schedule one right away
B) They used to,(and I think still do) do rolling admissions.

However, like I said earlier, several of my friends in my class got interviewed in Jan of this year. There are a lot of factors that play in to your acceptance and I believe, for UK, the most important ones are that you can show you have worked really hard and that you are someone easy to get a long with that will love and care for your patients. :)
Good luck!

Thank you for taking the time to do this. What are the some of the pros and cons of living in Lexington?

Thank you for taking the time to do this. What are the some of the pros and cons of living in Lexington?
No problem, last year I was in the same shoes as you all and remember all the stress very well.

I love Lexington! It's small enough to feel like home but big enough that you always have something to do if you want. I am from a very small town, so it felt like a big town for me but there are many people from my class that are from actual big cities and they seem to love it as well. When we have a free weekend, our class always tries to do something fun like go to Keeneland, where you can dress up and watch the horse races. If that's not your thing there are plenty of shopping and drinking opportunities downtown. There are multiple places to go on a run, hiking, or camping. On UK's campus is the Arboretum, which is a beautiful and quick place to kinda get away from all the stress that comes with being a professional student, but there are also places like Red River Gorge and Cumberland falls if you don't mind to drive a little. There are a ton of local restaurants to choose from. And of course, if you like sports this the place to be, especially in March during basketball season! Tickets for all the sports teams are really cheap for students.

There is just a lot to explore in Lexington. Also, the staff here are AMAZING. When you are accepted into UK, you are definitely accepted into a huge family.

Mine changed to check back 1 Dec. this morning. Not sure what that means, if anything.

I'm OOS. I guess we'll find out in a few days. Good luck everyone!
if you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? you don't have to give the exact date, the month is fine if you don't mind answering.

if you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? you don't have to give the exact date, the month is fine if you don't mind answering.
I interviewed toward the end of October.

Craaaaaaaaaaaap. I know status changes don't 100% mean anything but I really want my to change based on last years threaaaaaaad woraigjawiorgjiorwajgwiaorjgiaogj <- my feeling now. Wasn't stressed at all until I read this lol

Craaaaaaaaaaaap. I know status changes don't 100% mean anything but I really want my to change based on last years threaaaaaaad woraigjawiorgjiorwajgwiaorjgiaogj <- my feeling now. Wasn't stressed at all until I read this lol

Haha Im feeling the same way, I interviewed late October..

Haha Im feeling the same way, I interviewed late October..

Man I really hope status changes are not 100% indicators right now hahah I interviewed in late august too

hah aeco mentioned above that their status didn't change until after they got accepted, so I hope it doesn't mean anything.

hah aeco mentioned above that their status didn't change until after they got accepted, so I hope it doesn't mean anything.

HOPEFULLY! IM TRYING NOT TO SCREAM IN THE LIBRARY RIGHT NOW SO IMA TAKE OUT ALL THIS ENERGY BY TYPING IN ALL CAPS.

Man I really hope status changes are not 100% indicators right now hahah I interviewed in late august too
Tell me about it haha. I interviewed late aug too and this is the only interview i have. Wasnt stress until now haha

Tell me about it haha. I interviewed late aug too and this is the only interview i have. Wasnt stress until now haha
I interviewed late October. I interviewed in November last year and was waitlisted and my status changed to “check back December 1st” not long after my interview. Mine still says “invited for interview” now

Status
Not open for further replies.