Official/unofficial DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nikoniko12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Canadian student who is applying to American dental schools. I wrote the Canadian DAT, which is written on paper, and the CDA manually sends out our official score reports to each university we apply to. AADSAS does not verify our test scores, so beside the standardized test section, it doesn't state anything.

Recently I wrote the American DAT. AADSAS acknowledges on the website and beside my standardized test scores, it states "received 1 - accepted on ________ date".

So, with all that being said, do I need to spend all that extra cash to send out my scores directly again to each American school? Or do the universities see that AADSAS received the official scores and everything should be fine?

Members don't see this ad.

When you sign up for the DAT, there's a list of schools you want to send your scores to. You should have selected every single school on the list even if you don't plan on applying there. Did you do that?

When you sign up for the DAT, there's a list of schools you want to send your scores to. You should have selected every single school on the list even if you don't plan on applying there. Did you do that?
I did not, b/c I wasn't sure how well I would perform on it. So, I checked off no schools until I got my marks back

Members don't see this ad :)
I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression every time you take the DAT, the schools see every score. So even if you opted to not send them your scores on that list, they will eventually see every single time you've taken the test through your application. I believe your only option now is to pay the fee to send it to each school you apply to now.

I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression every time you take the DAT, the schools see every score. So even if you opted to not send them your scores on that list, they will eventually see every single time you've taken the test through your application. I believe your only option now is to pay the fee to send it to each school you apply to now.
I called the ADA and they said the schools don't see the scores, hence the reason why I chose no schools in the first place.

But what u stated was my exact question at hand. What's the point in sending my official scores if, on AADSAS it states that it's been verified? Cant they see that my scores are verified just by looking at my application online?

I called the ADA and they said the schools don't see the scores, hence the reason why I chose no schools in the first place.

But what u stated was my exact question at hand. What's the point in sending my official scores if, on AADSAS it states that it's been verified? Cant they see that my scores are verified just by looking at my application online?
Gotcha, well if your score is verified on AADSAS, then I believe you're good to go. My mind is fuzzy on all the DAT stuff, so I'd wait for someone else to comment too, but if your scores have been verified on AADSAS, then I don't see why you'd have to pay to send it to each school.

• Each school wants to have all the official results of the tests taken.

If we took American DAT, do we still have to send our canadian results? Cause its a lot of money...

If we took American DAT, do we still have to send our canadian results? Cause its a lot of money...
I would just send the best results you got to all schools. If you did better on the American DAT, send those. I know, it was a lot of money just to send the results.

I would just send the best results you got to all schools. If you did better on the American DAT, send those. I know, it was a lot of money just to send the results.
I did way better on American DAT, cause this year the Canadian DAT scale was different. Is that ok if I just send American?