***Official Wayne State Application Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Deffering until may not be a bad idea for out of state students. You could move to Michigan and work for a year to establish residency and save a ton in tuition!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Deffering until may not be a bad idea for out of state students. You could move to Michigan and work for a year to establish residency and save a ton in tuition!:D

that's actually a great idea!!! i think if i was younger (ie fresh out of college or a couple years) I would definitely consider that.

Does this letter about deferring a year seem more like a standard letter, or is it new this year? I'm thinking it could just be a standard letter to let applicants know about their options. Does anyone know if a letter like this has been sent out before?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this letter about deferring a year seem more like a standard letter, or is it new this year? I'm thinking it could just be a standard letter to let applicants know about their options. Does anyone know if a letter like this has been sent out before?

I have never heard about a letter like that before... but what do I know I managed to get in off the alternate list (after spending a couple of summers on it).

Received a reply for my e-mail stating that the class is still full and that they do not anticipate many withdrawls, if any at all. So sad news fellas:(

Received a reply for my e-mail stating that the class is still full and that they do not anticipate many withdrawls, if any at all. So sad news fellas:(

Would you happen to know if they accepted anyone off the waitlist this year? I'd call but I'm afraid once they start saying all this stuff about no withdrawals and no offers from waitlist, I'll start bawling and scream "Why?".

hey guys look like I'll be heading to WSU this year.. hope to see you all there.

So orientation is the last week of july?? I could have sworn I thought it was last week of august. That changes things a whole lot! Damn!

hey guys look like I'll be heading to WSU this year.. hope to see you all there.

So orientation is the last week of july?? I could have sworn I thought it was last week of august. That changes things a whole lot! Damn!

Hey.

Did you get pulled off the waitlist or was it a direct acceptance?

Hey.

Did you get pulled off the waitlist or was it a direct acceptance?

Accepted a while ago (dec or jan can't remember)

Good luck to all those waiting! (I assume you are waiting and trying to see if there is an WL movement? I know how that feels!)

Accepted a while ago (dec or jan can't remember)

Good luck to all those waiting! (I assume you are waiting and trying to see if there is an WL movement? I know how that feels!)

Yeah I am on their shi....I mean wait-list. I am thinking of sending another short and sweet letter of intent to Wayne State:

Dear Wayne State:

Your school kicks so much ass that it should get arrested for assault. And I would like to be its accomplice.

Sincerely,
RayhanS

Haha RayhanS1282,your post made me laugh out loud. I'll be starting at Wayne this fall and I hope you get in, because you seem like you would be a lot of fun. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Called Wayne today simply out of curiosity.

The Good - The lady answering the phone was nice.

The Bad - There have been much fewer drops than anticipated

The Ugly - Expect little to no movement and to paraphrase her, if you have other plans, now's a good time to pursue them.

I vomited uncontrollably after hanging up.

Called Wayne today simply out of curiosity.

The Good - The lady answering the phone was nice.

The Bad - There have been much fewer drops than anticipated

The Ugly - Expect little to no movement and to paraphrase her, if you have other plans, now's a good time to pursue them.

I vomited uncontrollably after hanging up.

That sucks. Is Wayne the only place you are waiting on?

Only bernacles can keep me away from these sunny shores.

hahaha
at this point i'm just fed up.

3.51gpa and 35 mcat with any/all of the required volunteer/extracurriculars that applicants have done, literally (except of course saving babies in Africa)
maybe they don't like my face. lol

hahaha

3.51gpa and 35 mcat with any/all of the required volunteer/extracurriculars that applicants have done, literally (except of course saving babies in Africa)

'Tis not saving the wee babes is what's keeping a grand fella like yerself out.

All nautical nosense aside, Wayne dropped the ball this year. If they knew they were overaccepting people, why would you compile a waitlist? You already have too many people than available space! At any rate, we now return to more of my pirate exressions....

Yarrr. Wayne is me great white whale.

'Tis not saving the wee babes is what's keeping a grand fella like yerself out.

All nautical nosense aside, Wayne dropped the ball this year. If they knew they were overaccepting people, why would you compile a waitlist? You already have too many people than available space! At any rate, we now return to more of my pirate exressions....

Yarrr. Wayne is me great white whale.

:confused: i dont personally know of a school that doesnt overaccept.

it's just that less people withdrew this year. definately not wayne's fault. it's been pretty widespread this year, too which is kinda weird.

good luck guys

:confused: i dont personally know of a school that doesnt overaccept.

it's just that less people withdrew this year. definately not wayne's fault. it's been pretty widespread this year, too which is kinda weird.

good luck guys

Don't be interferin' with me pointless and illogical bitching.

hahaha

You have pretty good stats, its hard to understand why you haven't been accepted. Are you non-trad? International student? Where else did you apply to and got waitlisted or rejected from?

You have pretty good stats, its hard to understand why you haven't been accepted. Are you non-trad? International student? Where else did you apply to and got waitlisted or rejected from?

i'm from ontario, graduated from western... first two years my gpa was like 3.1.. so i did 3 more years and those years it was around 3.8 something.. and cumulative it was 3.51
i applied to most of the schools on the east coast that accept canadians, got my secondaries out last year around mid-october so maybe that was a problem. had 2 interviews, one at wayne and one at nymc... waitlisted at wayne from the beginning (december) and no waitlist at nymc.

this year i'm applying to about 10 schools in the usa plus St. George's in the Carib. either way i'll end up in med school i figure by august 2008. hopefully in the states, but if not then i'm not going to waste my life trying to get into the states for the next three years

i'm from ontario, graduated from western... first two years my gpa was like 3.1.. so i did 3 more years and those years it was around 3.8 something.. and cumulative it was 3.51
i applied to most of the schools on the east coast that accept canadians, got my secondaries out last year around mid-october so maybe that was a problem. had 2 interviews, one at wayne and one at nymc... waitlisted at wayne from the beginning (december) and no waitlist at nymc.

this year i'm applying to about 10 schools in the usa plus St. George's in the Carib. either way i'll end up in med school i figure by august 2008. hopefully in the states, but if not then i'm not going to waste my life trying to get into the states for the next three years
I think your GPA is decent and your MCAT is remarkable. Keep in mind that American medical schools have small quotas for international students so the competition will be intense. There were 40 spaces available and more than 400 applicants vying for them last year.

Wayne State and Rosalind Franklin have historically accepted a lot of Canadians, so they would be your best bet. Make sure you have great LORs, interesting personal statement, and make sure to apply early. Apply to Caribbean schools as a back up, but remember it will be difficult to get an American or Canadian residency if you do.

Good luck.

Did anyone/everyone get that email today?... just curious.

Apparently they've been calling all accepted students and offering them a year's worth of free tuition if they defer. Apparently they over-accepted by 30 people...this is news from a first year Wayne student. I guess that means there's no hope. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Apparently they've been calling all accepted students and offering them a year's worth of free tuition if they defer. Apparently they over-accepted by 30 people...this is news from a first year Wayne student. I guess that means there's no hope. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Yeah, last time I heard they were still 5 spots over the limit... no waitlist movement at all this year, guys... sorry :(

Yeah, last time I heard they were still 5 spots over the limit... no waitlist movement at all this year, guys... sorry :(

wow, which is the more updated one? are they still 30 people over? that's a large number! :eek:

wow, which is the more updated one? are they still 30 people over? that's a large number! :eek:

supposedly 25 people took the carrot and deferred, so they are down to 5 people over their class size

supposedly 25 people took the carrot and deferred, so they are down to 5 people over their class size

Wow that really sux- they'll probably just deal with being five people over and it seems unlikely that there will be more movement...:thumbdown:

Wow that really sux- they'll probably just deal with being five people over and it seems unlikely that there will be more movement...:thumbdown:

Unless more accepted people take a bite of the motherlovin' carrot that they are offering. Come on people, bite it...bite it.

Eh, I got nothing.

This waitlist stunk worse than a bag of dead, wet mice.

Bumping.

Any news?

Most recent thing I heard is that the incoming MS1 class is currently at 307 (or was it 309?). Of course that was not from the admissions office, but rather from one of the support staff.

My condolences to everyone suffering on the alternate list - been there (x3 or 4), done that (x3 or 4), hope never to repeat that experience.

Most recent thing I heard is that the incoming MS1 class is currently at 307 (or was it 309?). Of course that was not from the admissions office, but rather from one of the support staff.

My condolences to everyone suffering on the alternate list - been there (x3 or 4), done that (x3 or 4), hope never to repeat that experience.

Thanks for the info.

Unless more accepted people take a bite of the motherlovin' carrot that they are offering. Come on people, bite it...bite it.

Eh, I got nothing.

This waitlist stunk worse than a bag of dead, wet mice.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. There is little or no hope left for the waitlisters. It would mean having 5 people take the deferment offer, plus more people declining their acceptance for other schools. Just doesn't seem likely to happen.

+pity+

Unfortunately, I think you are right. There is little or no hope left for the waitlisters. It would mean having 5 people take the deferment offer, plus more people declining their acceptance for other schools. Just doesn't seem likely to happen.

+pity+

Yeah, it seems unlikely. I was gonna send another short and sweet letter of interest/intent.

Dear Wayne State,

You school stomps so much ass, that colon must be imported from other countries to meet the demand.

Sincerely,
RayhanS

P.S. Here's a graph and poorly made pic to clarify everything, 'cause people like graphs and poorly made pics.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_i02TzQmxCEU/Rp47s_17cdI/AAAAAAAAAAU/gzfsiOU6jRA/s1600-h/Wayne+Stomps+Ass.bmp

lol well done. well done indeed.

Yeah, it seems unlikely. I was gonna send another short and sweet letter of interest/intent.

Dear Wayne State,

You school stomps so much ass, that colon must be imported from other countries to meet the demand.

Sincerely,
RayhanS

P.S. Here's a graph and poorly made pic to clarify everything, 'cause people like graphs and poorly made pics.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_i02TzQmxCEU/Rp47s_17cdI/AAAAAAAAAAU/gzfsiOU6jRA/s1600-h/Wayne+Stomps+Ass.bmp

Bumping.

First day of orientation today...sigh.

Here's hoping for some closure.