Official "Where I'm applying thread"

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E

Eyegirl2007

Hello all!
Where's everyone applying for Fall 2003?

I am applying at SUNY, ICO, SCCO, and IU.

Good luck to everyone with the application process.

"Next to life, itself,
God's most precious gift is sight,
And to the ministry of this great gift,
The profession of optometry dedicates itself." :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I mailed in my applications to PCO and SUNY this week! I still need to have my pre-health committee recommendation sent to them as well as an official transcript. I take the OAT (for the first time) in October, and I'll be done with all my pre-req classes in December. Then, my happy dance:
stretch.gif

Good luck future Class of 2007's!

r_salis,

That's great that you mailed in your applications early, schools like that! :)

I remember mailing my PCO application on Sept 1st of last year, and got a letter for an interview at the end of Sept.

Good Luck to you both!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by christie
r_salis,

That's great that you mailed in your applications early, schools like that! :)

I remember mailing my PCO application on Sept 1st of last year, and got a letter for an interview at the end of Sept.

Good Luck to you both!
Christie -- did you have your OAT scores when you applied to PCO? The end of September is a lot earlier than I thought they sent out requests for interviews! When did you receive your acceptance?

I bet you're getting really excited about starting school!!! What day do you begin?

r_salis,

Nope, I didn't have my OAT scores when I applied to PCO on Set 1st. I had my interview in the beginning of Oct, took the OAT on Oct 20th, got accepted to PCO in the beginning of Nov (of course pending my OAT scores). PCO received my OAT scores in the very beginning of dec. So, it is possible to have an interview and be pre-accepted to an Optometry school before the school receives the results of the OAT.

I know of someone who applied to SUNY last year, and got accepted before she even took the OAT.

Of course, receiving a pre-acceptance is all pending on the results of your OAT, finishing pre-reqs, etc...

Yes, I am getting very excited about orientation week. Here is the breakdown of our orientation week:
Aug 26th - Night: Get Acquainted party
Aug 27th - Day: listening to a lot of speakers, night: Bowling Night
Aug 28th - Atlantic City Trip - all day :)
Aug 29th - Curriculum For Personal & Professional Development "Roadmap to Success" Seminar - all day, night: Picnic
Aug 30th - "Roadmap to Success (Part II) - all day, night: Let's Go Back to the 70's & 80's Party
Sept 3rd - Classes Begin :)

Wow -- they have quite a week planned for you guys! It sounds like a lot of fun. I don't see where they have "Spend a whole lot of money on required optometric equipment and textbooks" scheduled, though -- maybe that's left for first week of class? :)

I won't get my hopes up too much about hearing early about interviews from my applications, but it would be great if things worked out for me as smoothly as they did in your case! :D Please cross your fingers and toes for me...

UHCO starts the 26th. They have orientation events starting the wednesday before classes start. I'll be going to the bar social at woodrows with some friends.. to help welcome the new first year class. There's also the mentor/mentee lunch on Friday that I'm going to attend to talk to my two mentees. So, optometry,TAL, and vasquez... I'll be there.... you'll just have to figure out who I am. ;) I'll give y'all some hints as we get close to the date. You'll have to stop by my lunch table and say hello. :D