Offiical Tooth Identification Posting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AP9030

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey......

Looks like someone already beat me to posting this..... but I just finished putting this Dental Anatomy Tooth Identification Quiz online.....

I took pictures of every side of every tooth (except the wisdom teeth) and made a powerpoint presentation and sent it out to my class.... for my website I just put scroll bars by the pics.... there 14 quizzes with 10 teeth per quiz

let me know what you think... and feal free to email me (my email is on my site)

also let me know if you find any bugs/mistakes

I'm hoping to have some real teeth on there at some point too, so be on the look out

www.apdentistry.com go to dental anatomy then TOOTH ID thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Alex,

This is a good page, i'll be sure to bookmark it. Keep us all updated with your progress, and feel free to post more. Good to have yah.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey,

I guess not... or I would have most likely replied.... try again maybe

thanks

Nice website. But I'm a little bit curious. What's your purpose of putting such quizzes on the web? Do you think it helps you for the real deal?
I have had test that tooth number 18 has 4 roots, canine has a flat cusp, etc....I'm serious, if you want to practice for the real test, take pictures of real teeth, and give more difficult questions. That would help.

For example:
Using the palmer system, identifiy this tooth.
What tooth will occlude with this one at the lingual distal cusp?
Using international system, what tooth precedes this tooth?

Forgive me for putting my 2 cents here. But it would be nicer to have more difficult question

Tinker,

I know exactly what you mean... but these are all model teeth ... which represent what the ideal tooth would look like... meaning some crazy person out there has taken measurements on thousands of teeth and came up with what the "typical canine, or molar, etc looks like" ... so I think people should start with the basics first and build on that

I just had a our dental anatomy tooth ID quiz... and some of them were straight out... which tooth is this... and yes some asked where would the mesial buccal cusp of this tooth occlude... etc... but once you have a mental image of what an ideal tooth looks like.. it's pretty easy to figure that stuff out... by looking at your typodont... and don't wory... i will have some real teeth coming up....... it just takes time....

hope you understand what I'm getting at

The webpage is amazing alex. it seems like you know the material. I can't believe this is what I'm going to have to tackle next fall. the rest of the site looks fun too! laters