OHCOM Summer Scholars Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorFeelGood

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am very interested in hearing what you think about OHCOM and particularly their Summer Scholars program. If any of you have under-went the program please leave you email address or tell me bout it.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the process of applying to the summer program. I'm waiting on my last letter of rec to complete my app. It sounds like a great program, so I hope I get accepted!

Hi. I was at OU last summer. I was doing the summer undergrad research fellowship program and we lived with the students in the summer scholars program. It is a great program, however, it is a lot of work. Be prepared to do a lot of studying. They began class at around 8 and didn't end till 9 or so. After completing class, they had to study for exams and such. They were definately challenged. OU, however, does offer a guarenteed interview to students in this program and you get to meet the faculty and students of the medical school. It is pretty much an introduction to medical school. That was my take on the program from comments of the summer scholars. If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying to the program now. So, if you get into the summer program, are you guaranteed an interview at the medical school? What are the success rates for an acceptance into the medical school from interviewing while working at this program? I'm thoroughly excited about it. Do you have any advice for myself or others interested in applying? I'm sending my application out tomorrow. I've got everything collected and ready to go. What are the chances of acceptance into the program? Is it as competitive as getting into medical school or worse?

Thanks

Yes, you are guarenteed an interview. And getting into the program is pretty tough but it depends on how many people apply. I am not sure how many people are accepted from the program each year. The options of the interviewers are to recommend direct admittance, admit for next year, post-bac, or decline. The advantage of this program is you know people at the school prior to the interview and you interview before the interview process has begun at OU. I think you only interview with 2 people instead of three as well...but don't quote me on that. I wish you the best of luck. Try and enjoy your time at OU. I will try and answer any other questions you have. :D

Does anyone have specific details about applying ? Phone numbers, application info, etc ?