You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio Basketball Tourney
Started by Paulywog
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...
Last edited:
I can't miss another exam...instructors would start to really not like me. Plus, gotta save up for the tourney next year. Helllloooooo, Miami.
On a side note. If anyone comes within 15 points of the better DMU team I will buy the first round of post-tourney drinks next year...😉
We will try to make the tourney in Miami a great one. We will be finding a great deal on a group rate for a hotel on the beach. You will not want to miss out. Stay up on your studies at this time next year so you can take the weekend off.
We actually have subs this year so we are hoping to make a run. It was tough playing that many games with no subs. We beat DMU the game before the playoffs last year. Hope we can do it again for some free drinks...Sprite for this Jimmer Fredette fan.
Funny you say that because I see most of the students who interview at my school and I keep an eye out for the bball players and put a good word in for them. Maybe we can solve the number one question on this forum...Which is the best Podiatry school? The answer will be settled on Saturday through their School's basketball team.I got offered half tuition at temple purely to play in next year's tournament
On a side note. If anyone comes within 15 points of the better DMU team I will buy the first round of post-tourney drinks next year...😉
I like Rum and Coke... jot that down so you remember it for next year 😉
This is my first tourny.. hope its gonna be a good time!
Just found out that on Friday evening, we will be playing scrimmage games and there will not be any refs. These games will determine the playoff rankings. It could get interesting with a lot of arguing. "No blood, no foul" might have to be the rule to follow. I do like the double elimination rule for playoffs.
So why is it that we at Western never hear about this? Who is in charge of running this? Is our student counsel dropping the ball?
We have quite a few ballers and would love to come to any tournament, but we never know about them.
We have quite a few ballers and would love to come to any tournament, but we never know about them.
Ask your school (not class) Pres. They are responsible for organizing, collecting $$, etc.
There may be a legitimate reason why Western isn't participating (bylaws)? I have no idea.
There may be a legitimate reason why Western isn't participating (bylaws)? I have no idea.
Its a shame dtrack22 couldnt make it to the tournament. He was shooting close to 70% from the 3 point line, roughly 4 1/2 blocked shots and 3 steals per game today, very impressive.
Lol don't let the game today fool you. It was only because everyone else was basically my height.
Is there a 6' and under division in the pod tourney?
Is there a 6' and under division in the pod tourney?
Is there a 6' and under division in the pod tourney?
Don't you worry your pretty little head, this idea was already approved for the tournament in Miami next year.
9 foot hoops are on order!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dunk contest here I come! 

Who won? Heard I got a tab now?? 😉
Scholl didn't quite go undefeated. They lost one game to DMU. They did play great. Congrats to Chicago.Scholl went undefeated throughout the entire tourney and won the title game. The championship trophy is back in North Chicago where it belongs.
Looking forward to miami next year.
That was a fun tournament! I am recovering from the many bruises and excessive exercise. There should be a height limitations. I am 6'3" and had to guard all them 6'7" beasts. Scholl had a great team and played really well together. They didn't have the best individual players, but were a solid unit. Des Moines had a tall line-up that was hard to deal with. The 2 games that Scholl beat Des Moines were last second shots. The first game Scholl won, Scholl threw a full court inbound pass with 2 seconds left and the player caught the ball and made the basket for the win over Des Moines. They met again in the First Final game where Des Moines beat Scholl. Since Scholl went undefeated, they had to play another final game since it was double elimination. In the 2nd final, Des moines missed a 5 foot jumper and got the rebound and then missed a short put-back for the loss to Scholl. I commend the two teams for playing like 7 games on Saturday. That is a lot of exercise for a bunch of weekend warriors.
Next years tournament is going to be amazing in Miami so start preparing. By the way, Scholl had cute matching jerseys and shorts...thats probably why they won.
The best teams, I thought, in order were: Scholl, Des Moines, Ohio, Barry or New York (We never played eachother so I can't tell), Temple, California.
Next years tournament is going to be amazing in Miami so start preparing. By the way, Scholl had cute matching jerseys and shorts...thats probably why they won.
The best teams, I thought, in order were: Scholl, Des Moines, Ohio, Barry or New York (We never played eachother so I can't tell), Temple, California.
Midwestern did not attend?
I asked that same question today to one of my classmates, and I guess there wasn't as much interest this year. The bulk of the team last year was 2nd years and none of the now 3rd years really wanted to go this year from what I understand.Midwestern did not attend?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K